Search This thread

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Regarding Viber's support for Jelly Bean:

Viber 2.2 does not support Jelly Bean yet. Don't worry, this is our top priority at the moment, and we are presently working hard on this issue and hope to have it resolved for you shortly. We ask our fans for a bit more patience, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

gordonx10i

Oct 26, 2010
Cullinan
Msging now using same code or format as facebook except works better. Calls working well except when u got poor signal which can only be exspected . Would like it if u could send more than just pictures andd video calls

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@gordonx10i -

We plan to add more features and options into our messaging service in the future. Stay tuned for news and updates, we are planning more surprises up ahead in later versions :)

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
All,

Good news!
Our new version (2.2.1) with Jelly Bean support is now available on Play Store for your download! :)

Undoubtedly, the great user anticipation was one of the most major factors that made us speed up the development and testing, and it is now available for all JB users to enjoy. As usual, we would appreciate your feedback and thoughts, and we are here to make sure it works as expected.

Regards,
the Viber Team.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
In my experience, you are not required to enter 1 or the area code, as long as the number you're calling from is the same area code. Say you're number is (526)562-2652 and you want to call your friend at (526)652-5625, you'd only need to dial 652-5625.

In some countries with the +1 country code, this isn't true (for example - in the USA).
That is why we always recommend our users, if possible, to save/dial numbers in Viber in their full international format. this means: +1-xxx-nnn-nnnn

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
I still have the problem I had stated before...I just can't get notifications when I receive a message or a call! The only way is to get into viber manually every time I reboot my phone!it seems like it won't run on the background or whatsoever...people send me emails and ask me if I have deleted the app because they send me a message like 4 days ago and I got it today after I had to go manually into the app!it's really annoying and sad!

Send from beneath my cloak of magic

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Please note that at this stage we don't officially support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi there,
As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
- Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
- Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
- Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
- Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
- Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
- Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Viber Team

jventura

Oct 25, 2008
Hi there Viber Team,

I'm currently maintaining a CM9 custom build to a device called ZTE Blade. There has been some problems regarding audio-routing of Viber to the internal speaker. This seem specific of this device, that is why I am trying to fix it..

My question is: is there any service like "Echo" in Skype for which we can call to test Viber? I have few contacts with Viber and I don't want to bother them many times just to fix this problem.. If there's not such service, you should consider it.

Thanks

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a brand new product: Viber Desktop, as well as a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android.

- What is Viber Desktop?

Viber for Windows/Mac lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC.

In Viber Desktop you can find HD-quality voice calls, video calls, text and photo messaging, group conversations, and many more!
You can check out the cool tutorial for Viber Desktop here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqS5W-KfRw
Download Viber, enter your phone number, and start connecting with your friends for free, from your computer!

- What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Video messages, Online status and "Last online" feature, new package of fun stickers, improved user interface as well as enhanced photo experience, and much more.
Note that Viber is now designed according to Google's guidelines for android apps based on the HOLO theme (Android only).

As usual, we're here to receive your feedback and thoughts, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any matter.

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

Reactions: don2012

don2012

Feb 14, 2012
newark
Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a brand new product: Viber Desktop, as well as a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android.

-What is Viber Desktop?

Viber for Windows/Mac lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC.

In Viber Desktop you can find HD-quality voice calls, video calls, text and photo messaging, group conversations, and many more!
You can check out the cool tutorial for Viber Desktop here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqS5W-KfRw
Download Viber, enter your phone number, and start connecting with your friends for free, from your computer!

-What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Video messages, Online status and "Last online" feature, new package of fun stickers, improved user interface as well as enhanced photo experience, and much more.
Note that Viber is now designed according to Google's guidelines for android apps based on the HOLO theme (Android only).

As usual, we're here to receive your feedback and thoughts, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any matter.

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

Coool!! Downloading it now.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Viber Team

adeelhayat90

Aug 13, 2013
Hello everyone, my system settings does not show viber under accounts and no option to add it in the people app. Pls help um using latest version on my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hello everyone, my system settings does not show viber under accounts and no option to add it in the people app. Pls help um using latest version on my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

This is a known issue, and we're hoping to fix it in our upcoming update. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we'd appreciate if you could get back to us after installing our next update and report whether or not the problem has been fixed :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 4.0!

What's new in the new Android version?

- Choose from over 1,000 stickers in the brand new Sticker Market. The Sticker Market features endless possibilities for brightening up your conversations. Download themed sticker packages and enjoy the party!
- Push-to-talk voice messaging. Send messages instantly with the new push-to-talk feature that streams your voice message as you record it.
- Supported tablet compatibility. Viber is now fully compatible with your tablet device(s). Enjoy quality conversations, wherever is most comfortable for you!
- Group capacity increased to 100 members. Whether you want to share with your nearest and dearest or just send a message to a large group of people, Viber groups let you get in touch with even more people, all in one place.
- Beautiful conversation backgrounds in the new background gallery. Choose elegant backgrounds to decorate your conversations from our new collection, designed by our very own Viber artists.
- Forward messages to your groups. Sharing is caring. The popular feature for contacts is now also available for all groups!

As usual, we will be right here to receive your thoughts and feedback. If anyone encounters any problems or would like to share their experiences from our new update, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Viber-for-Android-beta-now-available-free-VoIP-calling-and-texting-made-easy.jpg

Code:
    http://www.viber.com/android-beta/

:):):):):):)
    Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team
    Hi all,
    I'm excited to announce the Viber 2.1.3 is finally available for download on Market.
    First and foremost, this new version is compatible with ICS (Android 4) - so the long anticipation is finally over :)

In addition, the new version contains bug fixes and small new features for your convenience.

Please try it out and let us know if you encounter any special problems.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team
    Hi,

This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

Unfortunately there is no way to make calls between Viber and Skype.
    We offer our service only between Viber users at this stage.

Viber.
    Hi,

-What is Viber Desktop?

-What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

Coool!! Downloading it now.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app