Thanks Meter: 834

By tvall, Senior Member on 11th May 2012, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2014, 03:53 AM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
I believe you are right about whats working and whats not. I never got to actually test bluetooth, but it does claim to turn on.

there are only a few changes in the kernel for this rom. i forget what they all are, but they are minimal.

starting from pure cm9 and manually fetching our individual repos would probably be quite a pain. you need the device files, plus other repos that we hacked up to make build. you can do a repo init in the directory you already synced cm9 to save you some downloading. use the uniteddev repo instead of my personal one as thats where the latest development happened.

i havent even used my g1 in about 8 months, but i'd be happy to dust it off and help with any questions or anything you have.

have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvall Ad-Free

21st November 2014, 03:54 AM |#512  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
double post?
double post........
double post!
double post
22nd November 2014, 08:39 AM |#513  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 2,274

More
@wollac11 I do not want to delude you, but I tried to build and run ICS for G1 some years ago. It booted, but the G1 had too low memory to run all the processes started on ICS. Even with KSM and swap enabled the performance will be much to low for a daily driver.
Because of that I've dropped development and I built an Ice Creamed Gingerbread version.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:11 PM |#514  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall

I believe you are right about whats working and whats not. I never got to actually test bluetooth, but it does claim to turn on.

there are only a few changes in the kernel for this rom. i forget what they all are, but they are minimal.

starting from pure cm9 and manually fetching our individual repos would probably be quite a pain. you need the device files, plus other repos that we hacked up to make build. you can do a repo init in the directory you already synced cm9 to save you some downloading. use the uniteddev repo instead of my personal one as thats where the latest development happened.

i havent even used my g1 in about 8 months, but i'd be happy to dust it off and help with any questions or anything you have.

have fun!

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I had assumed that only the device files would be needed and was planning on just adding the device folder by adding a local manifest with the device path (on the UnitedDev repo) and then syncing. But if that alone won't work then I guess I'll just have to sync with the whole uniteddev repository.

My main concerns with this are that this particular ROM has never actually booted in my device for some reason and also that this ROM contains no hardware acceleration and so I figured that if I based on the UnitedDev repository I would have the same issues automatically with any builds made from that source. FYI: The MTD partitions are set up correctly and I was able to get it all to flash fine but it never boots. Other ICS ROMS boot fine and in the case of such as BannaSandwich also has hardware acceleration. Edit: managed to get it booting, just not using the kernel (ezterry's kernel + ics patches) provided in the OP. That kernel would not boot so I had to use a different one.

What actually breaks the hardware acceleration on this ROM? Is it just the kernel and/or proprietary blobs used or are there other things in the device or ROM configuration? For example, if I were to pull the proprietary files from my device which is running CM9 with HWA, used the source from UnitedDev repo to build the ROM including these proprietary files and then used the kernel provided with BannaSandwich, would I have working HWA?

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

@wollac11 I do not want to delude you, but I tried to build and run ICS for G1 some years ago. It booted, but the G1 had too low memory to run all the processes started on ICS. Even with KSM and swap enabled the performance will be much to low for a daily driver.
Because of that I've dropped development and I built an Ice Creamed Gingerbread version.

Thanks! I'm very aware performance is never going to be great on this ancient phone. That said, I've had my G1 running ICS in various shapes and forms over the past year or so and am able to get it to quite a stable state. I have been using ICS exclusively on this device over this period and it is certainly "usable". I actually have been able to run many of the latest Google apps with it too (see my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20waboZCmTo)
The Following User Says Thank You to wollac11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wollac11 Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 03:05 PM |#515  
Flag Quảng Ninh
Thanks Meter: 1,956

Donate to Me
More
Stuck logo tmobile g1
25th August 2016, 04:13 PM |#516  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhx2

Stuck logo tmobile g1

Did you use custom mtd? Make sure you read the instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HTCDreamOn Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 04:21 PM |#517  
Flag Quảng Ninh

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

Did you use custom mtd? Make sure you read the instructions.

Yes,i read the instructions. But only stuck logo tmobile g1 . 1 rom ics is banana sandwich booted
25th August 2016, 04:35 PM |#518  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhx2

Yes,i read the instructions. But only stuck logo tmobile g1 . 1 rom ics is banana sandwich booted

Try again without gapps
25th August 2016, 06:14 PM |#519  
Flag Quảng Ninh

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

Try again without gapps

Thank bro,i will try tomorrow. I htx dream is charging 1y% bartery. And bro have save cm10 4.1 for htx dream?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)