WinMo6.5 GSM Build 21884. Build date: 2010-8-26

Search This thread

mord4z

Aug 13, 2009
Umuarama
meiotech.blogspot.com
Does anyone having problem sync your TP after update to WinMo6.5 Build 21884?
Everything went well on my update from 6.1 to 6.5 but now I cannot sync.
Windows not recognize the device.
HELP PLEASE..

Hmm, no problem here. I can sync with windows via ActiveSync (XP version), with Mac via SyncMate and with Google's online service. Your windows shows some warning?

Last edited:

TT20032003

May 20, 2010
mord4z,
No warning or any errors. It just not see the device and I have tried on 2 different pc. It is detect the new hardware when plug in but after that it saying unrecognize device. Both of my PC run win7 with latest activesync.

trickbiker121

Jan 21, 2010
St.Louis
mord4z,
No warning or any errors. It just not see the device and I have tried on 2 different pc. It is detect the new hardware when plug in but after that it saying unrecognize device. Both of my PC run win7 with latest activesync.
i got that error before to go to your start menu then go to settings then systems then you will see an icon with a computer called PC setup click on that and change synchronize to setup my PC hope this help

TT20032003

May 20, 2010
trickbiker121,
It works! Just like you said. Change from PC set up to synchronize. Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Matt2

May 1, 2010
SMS Text issue.

Hi everyone. First of all thanks for all the great work with the ROM. I added the current english 21884 today and everything seems to work well except for texting. When I get a text, I can see the text come in on the main home screen preview, but when I click "view", it disappears and there are no messages in the SMS list area of the phone. (I am in the inbox part of the sms\mms section) I have a Treo Pro with ATT. Thanks again.

Update: I did a hard reset and it appears to be working again. Strange.

Last edited:

mord4z

Aug 13, 2009
Umuarama
meiotech.blogspot.com
Hi everyone. First of all thanks for all the great work with the ROM. I added the current english 21884 today and everything seems to work well except for texting. When I get a text, I can see the text come in on the main home screen preview, but when I click "view", it disappears and there are no messages in the SMS list area of the phone. (I am in the inbox part of the sms\mms section) I have a Treo Pro with ATT. Thanks again.

Update: I did a hard reset and it appears to be working again. Strange.

It's a Rare issue, another member related this before, but still now I don't found a fix for this. Still making some researches here

styluskd

Oct 13, 2008
:) hi, im a profesional lurker! i dont post very often, but now i have a beautiful treo pro, and i want give my reports of "new english 21896 build"

im using it for 2 days,

1.- i have random frezees when the screen is off, i turn off the screensaver and its the same, i need to reset after.

2.- i think i dont receive all the sms :rolleyes: i think :rolleyes:

3.- i love this rom, its very fast! and everything is so "bonito"

im flashing right now "current 21884 build" to test, everybody says that is the best!

sry for my english :)

mord4z

Aug 13, 2009
Umuarama
meiotech.blogspot.com
:) hi, im a profesional lurker! i dont post very often, but now i have a beautiful treo pro, and i want give my reports of "new english 21896 build"

im using it for 2 days,

1.- i have random frezees when the screen is off, i turn off the screensaver and its the same, i need to reset after.

2.- i think i dont receive all the sms :rolleyes: i think :rolleyes:

3.- i love this rom, its very fast! and everything is so "bonito"

im flashing right now "current 21884 build" to test, everybody says that is the best!

sry for my english :)

The 21896 build is in alpha state yet, this have a lot of bugs, please use the last 21884 build!

sola fide

Jun 8, 2009
Texas
It`s ok but the battery drains, has anyone noted this?

Comparing this 6.5 build to a 6.1 build I do notice the battery drains a little quicker. I use my phone heavily for talking, texting, and web surfing during the day and it will last until I get home at night. However I would think this would be normal since 6.5 contains kinetic scrolling and the home screen on a 6.5 build is more interactive.

styluskd

Oct 13, 2008
im using the current build, its FANTASTIC!! no problems so far,do you plan to release a new version soon? :D

thanks a lot for be an awesome chef.

mivales

Aug 12, 2009
Many thanks to Mord4az

Hello, This is really great, I have a couple of treo pro's (unlocked version) but one in particular have the "White screen issue", if you are not familiar with this, the phone works and can be accesed on the pc but there 's nothing on the screen, is plain white.
When I saw your update i had to try it.
On the update program when it comes to update or rom version says "0.0.0.0" or something like that and since I'm no able to see anything on the screen (cause is bright white) I'm no sure if i need to click o push any button on the phone it self and it ends to a 262 error on a windows 7 with Windows mobile device center and on windows xp with active sync. I have followed the procedure to hard reset and put the phone on bootloader mode,(again, nothing on the screen)
I would like to revive this phone please!....it is still under warranty but i wouldnt like to send it back.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

mord4z

Aug 13, 2009
Umuarama
meiotech.blogspot.com
On the update program when it comes to update or rom version says "0.0.0.0" or something like that and since I'm no able to see anything on the screen (cause is bright white) I'm no sure if i need to click o push any button on the phone it self...
The "0.0.0.0" version is normal, no need to worry about this! No need to interact with the device's screen too.
and it ends to a 262 error on a windows 7 with Windows mobile device center and on windows xp with active sync. I have followed the procedure to hard reset and put the phone on bootloader mode,(again, nothing on the screen)
I would like to revive this phone please!....it is still under warranty but i wouldnt like to send it back.
Thanks a lot!
Some questions:
Do you got HardSPL before try to flash your device? And (if already got hardspl)
Do you tried to use another usb port, or tried to make the usb trick as described on my first post? Hope this can help you to revive your device.

trickbiker121

Jan 21, 2010
St.Louis
Hello, This is really great, I have a couple of treo pro's (unlocked version) but one in particular have the "White screen issue", if you are not familiar with this, the phone works and can be accesed on the pc but there 's nothing on the screen, is plain white.
When I saw your update i had to try it.
On the update program when it comes to update or rom version says "0.0.0.0" or something like that and since I'm no able to see anything on the screen (cause is bright white) I'm no sure if i need to click o push any button on the phone it self and it ends to a 262 error on a windows 7 with Windows mobile device center and on windows xp with active sync. I have followed the procedure to hard reset and put the phone on bootloader mode,(again, nothing on the screen)

Thanks a lot!

you said that when you go to bootloader mode you still see white screen that sounds like a hardware issue because flashing a ROM doesn't mess with bootloader because its also used for recovery and that isn't touched at all by flashing a ROM or using your windows operating system correct me if i'am wrong because i think Bootloader mode is the same as the BIOS which the OS has no control over on your computer right?

mivales

Aug 12, 2009
I managed to get the updater to work with "Mord4z's" help, but as "trickbiker121" says, it might be a hardware problem since in boot loader screen is white, even after the update the screen still is white.

TX.

chokindo

May 29, 2010
Hi, I am new in this forum. Am now considering to install 6.5 on my treo pro, but still have some questions:
- what happen with Palm 'customization' on 6.1's Treo Pro (ie: direct typing on today screen to dial; screensaver with backlit off, ringer-switch on the top, etc)? Are they remaining after upgrade 6.5?
- how about the speediness/responsiveness compared to 6.1 (original)? Is the slowness significantly noticeable? Usually I open 4-5 programs in the same time with very small lag.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ===============Donators====================
    Thanks for those who supported my work!
    Chu Aaron $10.00 thanks a lot!
    Pocketman $10.00 thanks man!
    Clemens Drexe $10.00 Thanks a lot!
    Iwan Suheri $7.89 Thanks, loved it!

For those who wnat to try a new rom here is it. It's a 21884 version based in NightRaven's Kitchen, AcidHax files and Ervius Visual Kitchen.
    This a naked rom, just have the original apps.
    Screens:

================ Download current 21884 build ====================
    Build date: 2010-8-26

What's new:
    Using new xip (2010-7-11)
    More modules recmoded
    Some useless files removed

Download here the English version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Portuguese version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Spanish version ===>>> Download

Download here the italian version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Dutch version! ===>>> Download

================ Download older 21884 build ======================
    Build date: 2010-5-11
    Download here the English version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Portuguese version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Spanish version ===>>> Download

Download here the italian version! ===>>> Download

Download here the Dutch version! ===>>> Download

Build made by trickbiker121 and OS-Kitchcendownload here
    thanks Bro!

================ Details and bugs ==========================
    In this build:
    Office updated to 2010 version
    Window Live removed, install it via Market place.
    Alt keys fixed
    Dialer's graphics issues fixed, no need to disable it now.
    A little increase in system's performance
    Waiting cursor fixed

Please, try this and if you find some bug report to me to solve then.

================ My kitchen for you to play! =====================

================= Tricks and mods===========================

Be sure your bootloader shows these info:

================= Solving USB issues==========================
    1- put your TP in bootloader mode (power button, camera and reset) then plug it on you pc.
    2- Try again the RoomUpgradeUltility software, if no success go to next step!
    3- With your device plugged on your pc, go to hardware management and remove the Microsoft USB Sync device. Make the hardware management to find new devices, they W'll find the Microsoft USB Sync device again. Try the updater again. If no success yet, try to change the usb port or: keep your device in bootloader mode when run the RoomUpgradeUltility plug your device.
    there is no pink line issue in opera mini or opera mobile they work great. the weather function is a app called home screen customizer i will add that in the build for you. I got the idea 2 days to make a thread with all the stock Roms but the problem is I don't have the Spanish or Italian stock Roms because the links are dead and i deleted them from my computer. I hope Mord4z has these Roms so i could make the thread with all the stock Roms that we have found so far.

I've the italian stock rom vodafone (6.1). I can upload somewhere for you...
    @ggallardov, it's a unusual issue, please try to reflash your device and report the result.