HTC c2 Stuck on Boot after installed CM11

Search This thread

Zeukat

Feb 11, 2014
Hello,

It's my first post here, so.. Hey !

I'm just a beginner in roms/root/flashblahblah (and I'm french, wich is bad too)
So, yesterday, I rooted my device (wich is the C2 version), and all was fine.
Until I wanted to install this rom : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527962

So, I boot into recovery using TWRP, backup, wiped Factory Reset, wipes Date, Cache, Dalvil.android_secure, and Dalvik cache.
Then, I flashed the rom, I even did the boot.img thing in my computer.
But, at the end, after 5 hours, fighting with my phone, CM wont boot, It's just stuck on the boot, and the arrow is just turning again and again and again around the little arrogant robot, who is watching me scornfully.

I've seen many threads, but none of them helped me. So.. Can you help me ? Before I get mad ?:eek:

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Hello,

I'm just a beginner in roms/root/flashblahblah (and I'm french, wich is bad too)
Until I wanted to install this rom : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527962

So, I boot into recovery using TWRP, backup, wiped Factory Reset, wipes Date, Cache, Dalvil.android_secure, and Dalvik cache.
But, at the end, after 5 hours, fighting with my phone, CM wont boot, It's just stuck on the boot, and the arrow is just turning again and again and again around the little arrogant robot, who is watching me scornfully.

I've seen many threads, but none of them helped me. So.. Can you help me ? Before I get mad ?:eek:

hmmm what version of your bootloader is?

And what does command prompt say when you flash boot.img since athe procedure you did is correct.

Reactions: Zeukat

Zeukat

Feb 11, 2014

And what does command prompt say when you flash boot.img since athe procedure you did is correct.

Well, I used this to unlock bootloader/TWRP/Root/... : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175411

I can't remember the message from the boot.img (I'm at work right now), but it told me that the process worked well, something like that.

I've downloaded this version of your Rom (wich is looking amazing btw) cm-11-20140110-UNOFFICIAL. Is this good or should I use an other ?

Zeukat

Feb 11, 2014
Oookkayyy... So I re-do all the things, and now, it's working ! Incredible.
Well, that rom is amazing, I have a lot of fun with it :D (despite a few bugs).

BUT, wait, I've got a question about updates. If you do a new stable version, or if I want to update to the un-stable version (cm-11-20140212-UNOFFICIAL) with the functionnal wifi, I have to wipe my phone and my datas again, of can I update it without losing anything ?

42freelancer

Jul 16, 2013
Port Saint Loser
Oookkayyy... So I re-do all the things, and now, it's working ! Incredible.
Well, that rom is amazing, I have a lot of fun with it :D (despite a few bugs).

BUT, wait, I've got a question about updates. If you do a new stable version, or if I want to update to the un-stable version (cm-11-20140212-UNOFFICIAL) with the functionnal wifi, I have to wipe my phone and my datas again, of can I update it without losing anything ?

From personal experience, dirty flashing isn't always the best option. I'd just wipe everything just to be safe.

In terms on Windows updating, when you install a fresh OS, you get a folder with all of your old crap in it and it takes up precious space.
Well, you have to write over all of that junk on the phone as well. Hope this helps you with your venture through the ROM world.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,