[ ROM ] Stock Rooted FB21 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ]

Search This thread

Rob4828

Nov 13, 2011
Hey whats up guys. I'm one of the unfortunate ones to brick flashing Shabbys FB09. Got my replacement a few days ago and have been reading and itching to flash ICS.

This method that Dan just posted(thanks Dan)I've been seeing more and more that this is the way to go. Is this the method that everyone is goin with. Kind of a sure fire deal?? Well I shouldn't say "sure fire" but has anyone had any issues?

Flashahloic here so its been tough watching all this new awesomeness and not being a part of it.........but still trying to play it safe.

Thanks

Thats the method that i used when i flashed fb09 and i have no problems at all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: caspersfi

moeinyoho

Sep 24, 2011
Does anyone, who already flashed this, know if the rouge recovery for fb17 works with this and if the battery life is better than fb17?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Anyone know what iml74k stands for under build number? Just curious. I just remember on gb it would just say Gingerbread.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

smoothone

May 7, 2007
Fort Lauderdale
Wtf, does anyone have a mirror? My download won't start! Not sure if this server is getting hammered.

Edit: never mind, got it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Isriam

Sep 12, 2006
just flashed, it seems a lot better than 09 and 17 so far. i have never had gps issue but i do now. probably easily fixable. seems to be almost complete. exchange works.

Reactions: iondokk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is completely stock with exception that root/busybox is included and it uses the stock(No CWM) kernel since no repack exist. Once a repacked kernel is available, I will reupload the ROM to include it

All must be flashed through CWM, so flash the modem also in the same CWM session because once you reboot, you won't have CWM

Factory reset \ Data format is HIGHLY recommended(use FORMAT ALL attached before flashing)

Stock Rooted FB21 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - 552ba13380e92d561e86db90551676af

Stock Rooted De-odex'd FB21 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - eddb47aa76270f2abd15fe2dfd7e7e72

FB21 Modem
    md5 - 653bb17b4d9de55e6b0d4fbef0a8e111
    you need to install rom manager from the market and select the option that says reboot into cwm recovery. Then there you go!

God help us all. DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER. IT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED THAT YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT READING BECAUSE 10 POSTS BACK JERDOG HAS GIVEN A LOUD AND CLEAR WARNING! AND YES I AM SREAMING!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    why are idiots asking about battery drainage when this rom hasn't even been out for 6 hours yet???
    I don't get why people say "FBxx(21) sucks at this and sucks at that"... No.... apparently you suck at flashing/installing because I have put it on 4 separate ET4Gs and they are all worthy daily drivers and having very few of these issues. Any issue I had was user-error and was easily fixed by a fresh install.

What happened to the good days of "I'm having an issue" or "For me blah blah isn't working" and than asking for help. Not just assuming that you downloaded a terrible Rom that isn't worth a ****.

What's with all the negativity and blind assumptions :-/ only makes you look unfamiliar with this stuff in my eyes (which I'm sure you could care less about Haha)

Just my two cents o_O sorry, could just be the alcohol.

Sent from my oh-so-sexy-Samsung
    FB21 observations thus far ...

- Sprint VVM still borked and FCs when a VM comes in
    - Wallpaper scrolling in Touchwiz still doesn't work on Gallery images (scrolling on live and system wallpaper only - some wallpaper scrolling still randomly glitchy)
    - LED is still solid blue on any notifications
    - Battery % toggle still does nothing

Update on the above ...

- Could not get a GPS lock using GPS test. Gave it a few mins, and cleared/updated AGPS. Will have to test in other Apps later.
    - Wifi will not auto-reconnect to my router. I have to toggle Wifi off, then on again to reconnect. If wifi is kept on but not connected I get higher than normal battery drain (observed this in FB17)

I guess that's it for now.