Network LTE 800 MHz !

Search This thread

Perjans89

Sep 6, 2014
I don't know why but for me, I life in Munich - Germany and LTE is throughout lower strength than 3g for me. But maybe that's because the telecom 3g network is perfect in munich.

It depends on if the 2600 is used it has much higher speeds but it doesnt have a high coverage level. whereas the 800 has a much higher coverage level but it gives a slower transferspeed.

Maybe the 800 isnt implemented so widely yet in Munich ?

joensa

Jan 7, 2015
So we are here.

The SKY77629-21 that is in both china and international version of the OPO supports sub-band 20.
If we tweak it in quadcomm we can enable band 20 but it still dont work(there are some threads about that).

So as I see it the 77629-21 supporting some sub-band dont mean it supports the actuall band 20.
Looking at the datasheets this seems logical. Even if they arn't much to call datasheets they still tell us something.

BUT!

If we change the 77629-21 to a 77629-51 we have support for band 20.
And when the amplifier AND quadcomm supports it, it should work. Or am I totally wrong?

Sure i't's a BGA 42pin but still, not impossible.

So with software AND hardware modifications we should be able to connect to band 20. 880-915mHz.

Thought?

Cholerabob

Jun 3, 2011
Montreal
So we are here.

The SKY77629-21 that is in both china and international version of the OPO supports sub-band 20.
If we tweak it in quadcomm we can enable band 20 but it still dont work(there are some threads about that).

So as I see it the 77629-21 supporting some sub-band dont mean it supports the actuall band 20.
Looking at the datasheets this seems logical. Even if they arn't much to call datasheets they still tell us something.

BUT!

And when the amplifier AND quadcomm supports it, it should work. Or am I totally wrong?

So with software AND hardware modifications we should be able to connect to band 20. 880-915mHz.

Thought?

At that point in modifications wouldn't it be cheaper in time/labor/part/headache to buy a new phone ?

Reactions: joensa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing radio firmware and flashing a radio are different things. Last time I flashed radio firmware, I enabled the band 4 LTE modem on my Nexus 4. But the last time I flashed a radio, I was standing naked in front of my Sony Boombox.:p
    Hello,

OnePlus annonces that the One will NOT be able to connect on 4G LTE 800 MHz Network.
    But the Snapdragon 801 can operate it (example on HTC One M8 or Samsung S5).

There is a solution to open this restriction with a software or a custom ROM ???

Sorry for bad english :(

Thanks,

Profil.
    So we are here.

BUT!

Thought?

At that point in modifications wouldn't it be cheaper in time/labor/part/headache to buy a new phone ?