[Q] 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 update failure in rooted N7

Search This thread

gmermel

Dec 18, 2012
Received the OTA update on my rooted/TWRP'd N7. Clicking on download and install takes me to TWRP Recovery. I cannot find the update file anywhere. If I reboot, the file is right there in my download folder. If I move it to the folder that contains files visible in TWRP recovery flash folder, it still doesn't appear.

I have read threads about updating without unrooting but remain confused.

Is there a way to accomplish this, and if so, do any of you have links that would take me to "how-to" instructions?

dareino

May 7, 2012
Received the OTA update on my rooted/TWRP'd N7. Clicking on download and install takes me to TWRP Recovery. I cannot find the update file anywhere. If I reboot, the file is right there in my download folder. If I move it to the folder that contains files visible in TWRP recovery flash folder, it still doesn't appear.

I have read threads about updating without unrooting but remain confused.

Is there a way to accomplish this, and if so, do any of you have links that would take me to "how-to" instructions?

is this stock rom? TWRP isnt seeing the file ext..
if you were to .zip it. , it would

gmermel

Dec 18, 2012
is this stock rom? TWRP isnt seeing the file ext..
if you were to .zip it. , it would
I zipped the file and yes, TWRP accessed it. Flashing resulted in failure, however.

To add insult, my tablet alerts me to the availability of the update every 2nd/3rd day, prompting me to download it again. If I do that, I'm taken to the "install" page. Attempting to install takes me back to TWRP, where the flash fails. Round and round I go......