FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,234

Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2011, 02:32 AM |#11  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Wow this gps.conf file is great. I just locked onto 10 satellites with my case on. Normally I have to take my case off to be able to lock onto 10. Previously, with my case on I used to get 7-8 satellites, sometimes 9 but never 10. Good job crypted.
6th September 2011, 05:23 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Glad to hear it's working. If anyone else has success with it, let us know. Shouldn't be many issues with this puppy...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 06:51 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This thing worked wonders for me. I've been having a hard time with my gps lately.. Having a hard time getting a lock and keeping it locked on. This caused me to get an instant lock. Thanks a ton!
6th September 2011, 03:23 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Good deal. This is a great starting point for those wanting a one-time (per ROM flashing) fix.

However, flappjaxxx and Angeldeath are working on a GUI on-the-fly app to be released officially at some point down the line. Currently, it is based on region-specific gps.conf's. I think flappjaxxx will be using this gps.conf for a general North America patch in it.

My wife hated it when I said she'd have to change her GPS patch when she landed in Boston... She isn't techie and the thought of it not "just working" was problematic. My patch is a good fix to end that nagging nightmare!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 05:11 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Edited the first two posts. I included an extra gps.conf to flash alongside the AT&T stock file. Also, I added results that have been observed.
6th September 2011, 07:08 PM |#16  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,434

More
This is great, pretty much sending me back to the drawing board with my app!
Great job. Just out of curiosity, this should cover Canada, Hawaii and Alaska as well?

My GPS has never worked better by the way!
6th September 2011, 07:35 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
It should work in Canada for sure. It should also work in Mexico and several other "North American" countries.

I'm not certain about Hawaii or Alaska and would need someone out there to test it. However, in theory it should work just fine.

In fact, it should work all over and not just in North America. But, the Inspire 4G is an AT&T phone which to me means it would typically be found only in North America unless someone's traveling abroad with one.

Someone with a DesireHD could flash this and try it in Europe or elsewhere and report back.
6th September 2011, 08:04 PM |#18  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

It should work in Canada for sure. It should also work in Mexico and several other "North American" countries.

I'm not certain about Hawaii or Alaska and would need someone out there to test it. However, in theory it should work just fine.

In fact, it should work all over and not just in North America. But, the Inspire 4G is an AT&T phone which to me means it would typically be found only in North America unless someone's traveling abroad with one.

Someone with a DesireHD could flash this and try it in Europe or elsewhere and report back.

Wouldn't you need to tweak the file for European values?

Sent from A Van Down By The River!
6th September 2011, 08:12 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Well, I'd want to know where I'm starting at if I were to do that. There isn't much point in tweaking files without knowing what the situation currently is and where it needs to go.

Again, this is really aimed at Inspire users at this point. But, we can do something for others if we get some results thrown this way.
6th September 2011, 11:57 PM |#20  
Space Coast, FL, USA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Worked well for me - as good as (maybe a bit better than) AD's southeast conf file. Great fix!
7th September 2011, 12:48 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Glad to hear it's working. If anyone else has success with it, let us know. Shouldn't be many issues with this puppy...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

I have recently changed to the CM7 nightly build from Gingerbeast, and was very impressed with the GPS performance. Your gps.conf looked interesting, so I flashed it to see the results.

Surprisingly, the CM7 nightly build was much quicker and got better accuracy and SNR than did your build.

I am quite sure yours was a vast improvement over the stock AT&T build, but just wanted to pass this along. Not meant to be negative, just the results I obtained for your consideration.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)