Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2011, 01:37 AM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgen

after using this method getting everything setup I ran across one issue so far
ROM manager "clockworkmod" issue ,,when rebooting into recovery, screen freaks out white then fading to black ,wait for a while & nothing ,hit power button phone reboots like nothing happend.

clockmod is for desire hd type of rom but not inspire yet, they are not the same.
24th February 2011, 07:15 AM |#22  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Is there any chance of getting this to work on Windows? I run Windows 7 64 Bit, I don't have Linux, or any form of Unix on any of my computers.
24th February 2011, 07:19 AM |#23  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader

Is there any chance of getting this to work on Windows? I run Windows 7 64 Bit, I don't have Linux, or any form of Unix on any of my computers.

I don't know how to edit ext3 image files in Windows. You can just download the one that I made if you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelchen1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angelchen1111 Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 07:20 AM |#24  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelchen1111

You can just download the one that I made if you want.

That'll work, thanks!! I need to learn Linux I know, just never got around to it
24th February 2011, 07:24 AM |#25  

More
I have another question, how do you flash this?

Edit-NM, Got it.

Edit2-So to make sure I have this right, I load this onto the SD Card, go into Hboot, flash the image and I'm good to go? I have a stock Inspire 4G right now.
24th February 2011, 07:29 AM |#26  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I have another question, how do you flash this?

Edit-NM, Got it.

Edit2-So to make sure I have this right, I load this onto the SD Card, go into Hboot, flash the image and I'm good to go? I have a stock Inspire 4G right now.

You need to S-off with the inspire hack kit first and then revert back to stock with RUU and then flash this over the stock rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelchen1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angelchen1111 Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 07:32 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelchen1111

You need to S-off with the inspire hack kit first and then revert back to stock with RUU and then flash this over the stock rom.

Ahh, okay, thanks for the help and the work on this!
24th February 2011, 07:57 AM |#28  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsraelR

I just tried it and it did give me root access. Upload speeds are still crappy for me. It was worth the time just for root access. Thanks!

I did notice a much higher upload speed difference with at&t after flashing.
24th February 2011, 04:22 PM |#29  
Flag Lodi
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

You can make a virtual linux that runs inside of windows

Download VirtualBOX (free) HERE
Download Fedora HERE (free) or whatever you might like, I'm not sure if Puppy (HERE) linux will work but it should.

Then you can do everything you need to do and make your own custom system.img
24th February 2011, 08:57 PM |#30  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Here are the simplified instructions for you guys who don't want to do all of the Linux stuff yourself:

edit: Moved to its own thread here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtg465x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtg465x Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 09:14 PM |#31  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsraelR

Great idea. By the way, the zip file seems to be missing from step three. Also, I don't suppose your update has sideloading enabled? I never could get that figured out.

Zip should be there now. No sideloading yet. I will take a look at it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)