Remove All Ads from XDA

[Updated 9/11] Bloadware Freeze List

457 posts
Thanks Meter: 82

Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2011, 06:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I am sorry buddy. I am only 3 weeks old in android ecosystem and still trying to figure how to make things little stable. Do I need to root my phone to freeze all these apps? or if i can freeze some without rooting please lemme know how to freeze. thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to paparaji For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paparaji Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 04:46 PM |#12  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparaji

I am sorry buddy. I am only 3 weeks old in android ecosystem and still trying to figure how to make things little stable. Do I need to root my phone to freeze all these apps? or if i can freeze some without rooting please lemme know how to freeze. thanks!

Yes, you will need root.

To freeze the apps, you need to get the Titanium Backup app in the market. (It's one of those must have tools.) Besides backing up (obviously) you can click on a specific app to get a menu. This menu will have the freeze option. Note that you don't want the long press menu if you just want to freeze an app. Long press brings up a different menu.
17th November 2011, 05:05 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Your list seems to be relative. Some people actually like AT&T Wifi hot spots. Who doesn't like free wifi?
18th November 2011, 02:44 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Dumb question: What does freezing these apps do?
19th November 2011, 03:40 PM |#15  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiLLeNtz

Dumb question: What does freezing these apps do?

Freezing the app basically makes the app become completely dormant. It still resides on the phone but the system doesn't see it. It basically hides it from anything that might try to use it. You do need the paid version of Titanium Backup to use it but it's easily worth the minimal cost.
20th November 2011, 12:20 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bloat Freezer free. Will also freeze and no cost
22nd November 2011, 03:53 PM |#17  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepro1110

Bloat Freezer free. Will also freeze and no cost

but its nice to have the back up and other options you get from TiBu. This is pretty nice for rom users as well that want to swich around and not have to reinstall everything.
24th November 2011, 03:21 PM |#18  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Tried to freeze Live TV . TiBU says it's frozen but the icon is still there. When I tap on it, phone says it's not installed. How do I get rid of the icon?
25th November 2011, 06:19 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1,177

More
To get rid of the icon you'll have to uninstall the app. It says its not installed because its frozen,the system won't run that app. But the app is still on the phone. I think its best just to leave them frozen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
25th November 2011, 11:45 PM |#20  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigalOne

Your list seems to be relative. Some people actually like AT&T Wifi hot spots. Who doesn't like free wifi?

A good HSPA connection is typically faster (ignoring ping) than an AT&T Hotspost unless you are standing on top of it.
25th November 2011, 11:53 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshepherd

To get rid of the icon you'll have to uninstall the app. It says its not installed because its frozen,the system won't run that app. But the app is still on the phone. I think its best just to leave them frozen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Restart the Launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to highlanderx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highlanderx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)