FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,672 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,487

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Please Do NOT Use The 'Downloads' Tab - It's Not Working Properly!
12th August 2012, 10:09 AM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 4,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

That's fantastic. Good to see it worked for you..mostly.. What error did you get with making the zip?

yeah you and I both, this is the first time I have ever done anything like this lol, I have been on the iPhone world for the last 4 years, this is all new to me.

The error I got was just that it could not make the zip even though it did put one in that destination folder, I did not test it cause I got the error, also that zip did not look like most zips i had flashed before as far as structure so I just left it alone lol

Again, thank you so much, before your tool I was looking around everywhere on how to do this and all i could find were command prompt instructions that would have take FOREVER lol

12th August 2012, 10:29 AM |#362  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose0704

yeah you and I both, this is the first time I have ever done anything like this lol, I have been on the iPhone world for the last 4 years, this is all new to me.

The error I got was just that it could not make the zip even though it did put one in that destination folder, I did not test it cause I got the error, also that zip did not look like most zips i had flashed before as far as structure so I just left it alone lol

Again, thank you so much, before your tool I was looking around everywhere on how to do this and all i could find were command prompt instructions that would have take FOREVER lol

I've just bought an iPhone for my wife and it just doesn't have the same level of freedom when it comes to modding as Android does. I think I'll stick with the little green guy for now!

And all those command line inputs can be very tedious when you do a lot of them. That's why TMA was made in the first place.

That zip file should be fine to flash. I think there's a slight bug in the code that checks for it. If it's actually there, it'll be okay to use.
I'm putting the finishing touches to 4.1 and I'll take a look at this and fix it.
12th August 2012, 05:56 PM |#363  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've just bought an iPhone for my wife and it just doesn't have the same level of freedom when it comes to modding as Android does. I think I'll stick with the little green guy for now!

And all those command line inputs can be very tedious when you do a lot of them. That's why TMA was made in the first place.

That zip file should be fine to flash. I think there's a slight bug in the code that checks for it. If it's actually there, it'll be okay to use.
I'm putting the finishing touches to 4.1 and I'll take a look at this and fix it.

Now that flashable zip will only be good for the Rom I am on correct?
12th August 2012, 06:25 PM |#364  
Quote:

Now that flashable zip will only be good for the Rom I am on correct?

Depends what you put in it really. If it's an app then yes. Boot animations are largely universal although the sizing might be wrong for a different rom.
12th August 2012, 06:31 PM |#365  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Depends what you put in it really. If it's an app then yes. Boot animations are largely universal although the sizing might be wrong for a different rom.

I only added the framework file, that is it.
12th August 2012, 06:35 PM |#366  
Quote:

I only added the framework file, that is it.

Then it'll only work for sure on that rom. It will work on others but only if they use the exact same apk file as the one you modded.
It's simpler just to mod the files from the other rom.
12th August 2012, 06:39 PM |#367  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Then it'll only work for sure on that rom. It will work on others but only if they use the exact same apk file as the one you modded.
It's simpler just to mod the files from the other rom.

Well I want to thank you again for this tool, I could not have done this without it so I am very much appreciative of your hard work to make this!! Many many thanks to you!!
12th August 2012, 06:41 PM |#368  
Quote:

Well I want to thank you again for this tool, I could not have done this without it so I am very much appreciative of your hard work to make this!! Many many thanks to you!!

Always happy to help.
12th August 2012, 06:46 PM |#369  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:

This is something I can take a look at for v5.

Thanks. Can't wait to see it

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2
12th August 2012, 10:55 PM |#370  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 324

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

MIUI still uses the same stat_sys_battery icons so, if yours didn't change, that means either you didn't decompile all the needed apps, or you're using a theme and that needs to be decompiled as well, or something has gone wrong.

I can look at the third option but first, which files did you decompile, are you using a theme and how did you put the apps back on your phone?

Oh, and thanks! :P

I installed framework-res.apk and framework-miui-res.apk. after that I decompiled those two and miuisystemUi.apk, then followed your instructions on theming battery icons. I didn't get any build errors at all. I pushed framework-res.apk back to my device, but for some reason nothing was changed. I am using miui ics v4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
12th August 2012, 11:11 PM |#371  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

Thanks. Can't wait to see it

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

Patience, my friend.
All good things come to those who wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)