[DISCONTINUED] Traveller ICS Theme for DSC

Search This thread

N0he

Feb 25, 2013
Which file do I have to edit in order to change the colour of the statusbar?

EDIT: Solved, how do I delete posts?

Last edited:

debsahu

Jun 5, 2009
State College
Re: UPDATED 3/27/13 - Traveller ICS Theme for DSC

Can't access the file, mediafire says file set as private. Can the OP set permission as public?

ROGERLZ

Nov 27, 2007
thanks share

sorry,I can't download it from mediafire,even registed.

help please

Last edited:

satishagr

Oct 30, 2009
Found some bugs

First thanks for this ultimate theme...
I just found two minor bugs...
1. the thumb in seekbar of music player is dis-positioned
2. while i use accelerated slider in the contacts,the slider becomes the old gingerbread one
can u please resolve these issues...
thanks in advance

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
will flashing this theme make my streak even slower.???

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

Kykyeve

Feb 24, 2014
Kediri
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Yep, I've done it several times with different action (dalvik, chace deletion) but still not good. though I want it so bad, maybe I just giving up on this theme :(

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Not only status bar, but message has stopped working too. I've tried reinstall and deleting dalvik chace but still same

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Not only status bar, messages error too (it says process com android.systemui and process com android.mms has stopped working). I've reinstall it and deleting dalvik several time but still the same.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Looking at your other post regarding the MMS issue, your problem is that you're attempting to use the 407 stock ROM. Traveller ICS only works on DSC 2.3 and is included by default in Traveller DSC 2.4.4.

Why are you even attempting to use the stock ROM in the first place? That ROM has a lot of bugs in it that were fixed in the DSC ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Link

Thanks go to the following persons without which this theme would not be possible.
    • _n0p_ for releasing DSC and keeping the Dell Streak going long after Dell abandoned it.
    • G-Rave for his blue theme from which the framework and SystemUI apps were drawn from.
    • Tenortex for graphic elements from his ICS theme.
    • Nickshertzer for the modified apps from his Touch of ICS theme.
    • Google for graphic elements from Android 4.x.

About
    The Traveller ICS Theme started life as a combination of Nickshertzer's Touch of ICS and Tenortex's ICS theme. It served well until I switched to Cyanogenmod 7, when I stopped using it. Cyanogenmod's Theme Chooser allowed me to apply an ICS theme far more easily than using modified files, however the convenience came with a cost. The dialer buttons were too small compared to the screen and the camera zoom did not function at all.

Thanks to d3adbroke asking about themes, I dug out the last version I had available and offered it to him. Unfortunately for me, I was not aware that it wasn't compatible with the current version of DSC until _n0p_ mentioned it. The good news for ICS fans though was that G-Rave had released his blue theme for DSC, which lived up to its billing. However, I thought there were a couple of weaknesses in the theme's design that impacted usability. For example, black text against a dark blue background on the notifications pulldown which made the notifications themselves hard to read unless pressed. Or the shutdown menu background in glowing blue, which bothered my eyes. Then there was the LED battery indicator. Aesthetically, the LED indicator simply did not fit the theme. So I sought to correct what I saw as issues in G-Rave's theme, while using Touch of ICS themed apps for various things such as the dialer and browser.

Install Instructions
    1. Make a nandroid backup in ClockworkMod before beginning.
    2. Download the flashable zip file from the link above and install it using StreakMod or ClockworkMod.
    3. Reboot.

Uninstall Instructions
    Since the theme replaces fonts and stock apps in addition to replacing framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk, either restoring a nandroid backup or installing DSC over the existing install is the best way to remove the theme.

Feedback
    Post it here if you wish, or PM me with it.

Screenshots

Lockscreen
    screenshot_1.jpg

Notifications, Default State and Pressed
    screenshot_2.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

Dialer, Default State and with Call in the Call Log
    screenshot_5.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

Menu With Checkmarks
    screenshot_6.jpg

Information Pop-Up
    screenshot_7.jpg

Shutdown Menu
    screenshot_8.jpg

Changelog
    3.12:
    • Stargate boot animation removed after being inadvertently included since version 3.09.
    • Duplicate fonts from DSC removed.
    • Roboto Condensed is now the default font, replacing Roboto.
    • Clock font changed to the version used in Android 4.4.

Previous Versions
    3.11:
    • Tabbed browser replaced with stock browser to resolve a force close issue with Voice Search.

3.10:
    • The stock browser has been replaced by a version of Lightning Browser built from source and themed to match the other apps. An updated version of the original browser is available here for those who may want it.
    • In QuickPanel, the Auto-brightness indicator can now be clearly distinguished from the maximum brightness indicator.
    • The "System Updates" option in Settings > About phone links to the Traveller DSC thread.

3.09:
    • Bookmark icon in browser address bar resized to fit within the button.

3.08:
    • Stock browser address bar now solid black, instead of having blue diagonal stripes.

3.07:
    • Rating stars, most often used when rating apps in the Play Store, replaced with ICS versions.

3.06:
    • "Shade pull" icon at bottom of notifications no longer semi-transparent but solid black like the rest of the notifications pulldown.

3.05:
    • Radio buttons, e.g. in the Access Point Names screen in settings, shifted to the left to line up with the check boxes.

3.04:
    • Check box visibility on screens (especially dark screens) improved.
    • Battery Low indicator on "Please Connect Charger" popup from 3.02 changed to something a bit less plain.

3.03:
    • Checkmarks in Settings menu (and possibly other areas as well) are no longer shifted to the right compared to other types of interface buttons. See Display options in Settings for an example.

3.02:
    • Checkmark boxes no longer disappear when displayed on a light gray background.
    • Battery Low indicator replaced with the nicer version in the HDPI directory.

3.01:
    • Battery charge icon on lockscreen replaced with a version consistent with the lockscreen's style.
    • White ICS icons in the notification ribbon replaced with Gingerbread gray icons to have a consistent look.
    • GPS icon no longer "pulsates" when attempting to find a signal.

3.0:
    First release compatible with DSC versions with QuickPanel embedded.
    • Notifications are whitish text on a black background.
    • Notification icons replaced with ICS versions.
    • Pop up menus such as the shutdown menu, are now black text on a light gray background.
    • LED battery indicator replaced with a Cyanogenmod-style battery indicator which fits better with the overall theme.

2.2:
    First public release.
    Theme updated to 3.12. @N0he: If you're still using the Streak as your device, the Android 4.4 clock font in 3.12 fixes the problem of the pattern lock cutting off part of the clock.
    Cheers

:good: Hey, just wanted to thankyou for this great theme!
    Absolutely loving it!
    Im really reluctant to upgrade my streak after the many hours i've put in to it and you all keep it alive and kicking, cheers!:good:
    Upgrade to a newer version simply by flashing it over the existing files in StreakMod/CWM. As for reverting to the stock theme, just 2.0 and newest 2.x. A better option though would be a nandroid backup being made prior to installing the theme.
    Try rebooting. Also, clearing the dalvik cache in Streakmod may be necessary.