[TOOL] HTC One 2014 (M8) All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [4-19-2014] [PERM ROOT]

Search This thread

TrainAss

Sep 18, 2009
Edmonton

Enable debugging, plug in your phone and let Windows find it and install the drivers. If it doesn't find the device, it's an issue with your USB. If it does find it but won't install it then we need to locate drivers somewhere. I'm confident that it'll install ok.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 3thman

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Enable debugging, plug in your phone and let Windows find it and install the drivers. If it doesn't find the device, it's an issue with your USB. If it does find it but won't install it then we need to locate drivers somewhere. I'm confident that it'll install ok.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) using Tapatalk Pro

thank you man so much it worked :victory:

Wired4Fun

Sep 19, 2010
S-Off for Verizon HTC One (M8)

To anyone with a Verizon M8 device who might be struggling with performing S-Off, you may find this info helpful.

As you may already know, Verizon has blocked HTC from allowing you to unlock their M8 phones. I did not expect this, and if I had known, I probably would not have dropped such a considerable chunk of $$$ on this phone. I was beyond frustrated.

Though there is currently an exploit for the Verizon phones, I foolishly allowed my phone to do an OTA update, and I suspect this may have made this task a little more challenging for me.

At the bottom of this post, I've attached a link to my dropbox that has all of the files I needed to do this.

First, make certain that you have done the following to your phone: 1) Disable your lock screen completely; 2) Disable FastBoot; and 3) Enable USB Debugging. Google how to enable USB debugging if you can't find it.

1) Install the HTC drivers on your PC from folder 1. I don't know why, but don't install HTC Sync, just get the drivers.

2) Don't bother with the HTC Unlocking files from folder 2, as they don't work for Verizon devices

3)Download and install the WeakSauce app from Folder 3 directly to your phone. It's an actual apk file that will give you temporary root access. Each time you reboot your phone, it will take about 30-45 seconds for root to install. Also, BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT YOU INSTALL SUPERUSER SU and grant permissions to everything that pops up!!

3a) Download ES File Explorer from the market. Upon starting the app, make certain that you do the following:
A) Grant Super User permission to the ES File Explorer app.
B) - - VERY IMPORTANT!!! - - Find the menu, and enable 'Root Explorer' and 'Show Hidden Files'
C) READ CAREFULLY: If it doesn't already exist, you're going to need to create a 'local/temp' folder in the 'data' folder of the ABSOLUTE ROOT FOLDER of the device. You will NOT find the correct 'data' folder if you do not enable 'root explorer' and 'hidden files.' There are numerous 'data' folders in your phone, but you need the one in the absolute root. In ES File Explorer, you can click on the top, and it will progressively advance 'up' one folder each time you click it. Keep clicking until you see 'Device.' Once you are there, you will see 3 options under 'History." There should be:
"/Device"
"0 (x.xx GB/x.xx GB)"
"extSdCard (xx.xx GB/xx.xx GB)

4) Open the "/Device" folder, and find (or create) the folder named 'Local.' Open that folder, and find (or create) the folder named 'tmp.' Upload the 'firewater' file from Folder 4 of my Dropbox link.

For the previous step, I want to emphasize that for some reason, I absolutely could not push the 'firewater' file to my phone via adb as directed in the tutorials I found out there. I don't know if it had anything to do with the OTA that I downloaded, but everytime I would try pushing the file, the phone would disconnect from my PC, and upon reconnecting, it was gone. Also, the way I uploaded 'firewater' into that folder was by 'exporting' the file from my Dropbox to that folder. I expect there are other options, but that is what worked for me.

5) Download the adb fastboot files from Folder 5 and save them to your PC. Then, on your PC, open the command prompt via 'Run as Administrator, and navigate to the folder that you saved them to. Run the following commands:
A) adb shell
B) chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
- - IMPORTANT: You will need to watch your phone upon executing the NEXT command.
- - Your phone will ask for Super User permissions, and you will need to grant them.
C) su
D) /data/local/tmp/firewater

At this point, you should be able to sit back and watch it do it's work.

I make absolutely no guarantees if this will work for you, but after hours of fiddling with the instructions that are currently out there, this is the only thing that I could get to work for me. I tried to be as thorough as possible with this process, but if anyone notices something that I missed, or if this post needs to be tweaked (or deleted??), please PM me, and I will update it.

www.dropbox.com/sh/40mqrnvcbgljdta/AADdGYgmnOla055xe7lqPmHXa

Thanks go out to the following people:
- YouTube User: "Rootjunky.com"
- YouTube User: "DroidModderX"
- JCASE
- Beaups

Though their existing instructions out there did not directly work for my device, the info they provided is what gave me the proper direction to figure out how to get S-Off on my Verizon M8 with the latest OTA update.

Last edited:

HcMAX

Mar 27, 2009
Will rooting device and unlock boot loader disable ota updates???
If yes , how do I enable ota updates??

I am rooted and all stock

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

hattrickinc

Mar 1, 2007
Hi Hasoon,
AT&T released an update to the ROM, which means I'll need to go back to the Stock Recovery (currently on TWRP with the stock ROM)
Is there a way to do that?

Faromu2

Sep 22, 2007
Gracias

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Muchisimas Gracias

bitwiser

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Hasoon,
AT&T released an update to the ROM, which means I'll need to go back to the Stock Recovery (currently on TWRP with the stock ROM)
Is there a way to do that?

Just flash a stock recovery (for your exact model). I was on Viper rom, then flashed the stock rom and then recovery. downloaded OTA update and then flashed back to ROM. Not a problem.

Stock ROMS & Recoveries here. Just make sure you get the correct one.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
guys I'm on stock ROM and rooted and have a custom recovery, I want to flash the stock recovery and remove the root to get OTA from HTC. how can I do that ? please help me

lostangelintx

Feb 18, 2014
El Campo
I have not rooted or unlocked bootloader yet. AT&T pushed out an update this evening and I installed it. I wanted the Extreme power saving mode.

Do I need for you to update your software? Or do you think it will still work?

I'm coming from an LG G2 and every little update broke the script. Not sure if this will be the same. First HTC phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC One M8. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Various useful commands
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • TWRP

Kernels
    • User provided kernels

- Link to this thread
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
    - Link to the One Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery/Bootloader/Phone
    - Flash kernel/recovery/RUU zip
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.
    wspc9t.jpg

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

Donations
    Downloads

www.hasoon2000.info

Mirror if the first link doesn't work.

http://d-h.st/users/hasoon2000/?fld_id=2808#files

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 3-29-2014
    - Initial Release

V1.0.1 Released! 4-8-2014
    - Added Support for Sprint (Use ClockWorkMod for the recovery)
    - Clarified some steps to make it easier to understand
    - Fixed some grammar errors

V2.0 Released! 4-19-2014
    - Added Philz CWM for GSM models
    - Updated TWRP to official builds for Sprint/GSM variants
    - Added a few S-Off commands for those who have S-Off
    - Cleaned the code up a little bit
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    V1.0.1 Released! 4-8-2014
    - Added Support for Sprint (Use ClockWorkMod for the recovery)
    - Clarified some steps to make it easier to understand
    - Fixed some grammar errors

Download is in Post 2.
    Hey thanks for the tool kit, it worked great and was easy to use. If anyone needs help just made a video on how to use this awesome tool.

How to Root HTC One M8 [ALL Variants]

http://youtu.be/Krw6H4gQ6g0

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app