[ROM]{The Collective}Presents: The-Unofficial 1.5 - Emily's Dedication [4/24/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
CollectiveLogo2.png

The Collective Proudly Presents The-Unofficialv1.5-Emily!
For Galaxy Note

*DISCLAIMER*
You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
Neither I nor any member of The Collective is responsible for any permanent damage.
This is considered an Alpha release so please treat it like an Alpha and expect bugs and some things not to work properly.

This Release is dedicated to JoeDV and his daughter Emily. Please read the entire contents of For Emily app and give until it hurts. Anything is appreciated

theunofficialshowcase.png

Special thanks to Flappjaxxx. He's been specially working on this project with me, and without him, this would not be where it currently is. Please spam his THANKS button whenever you see him and show him much appreciation!

What users are saying!

I am very disappointed in this rom. Everything works perfect!!!! Not reboots no FC's no nothing nada WTF. Now what do i do with all my free time. Dang you guys!! Looks like now i have the time to use this phone instead of always fixing and re flashing and i am just so confused now. Never had the time to use this as a phone. So how do i make a phone call again???
I don't usually post anything relating to battery life on ROM's, for what I believe are obvious reasons, but I couldn't hold back with this one. The Collective magic you guys have concocted for this release has made my battery last an incredibly long time, phenomenal work!!!
This is the first time with a device that I've been privileged to experience the professionalism that is The Collective. The way you handle yourselves in this community is like nothing I've seen before, the bar has definitely been set higher.
Just a new definition for perfection.......Unofficially of course!

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*

*WARNING*
-Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash someone else's kernel.
-Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
-The kernel included is specific to this build and the only one supported.
-Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
-Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
-Do Not Flame other users in my thread! That's my job alone!
-Enjoy the rom and remember it is ALPHA Quality and sure to contain bugs

Known Issues:
-Conservative Governor produces Hot Reboots - DON'T use it

What is it you ask?
-A Serious Work in Progress!
-This is built from a stock dump from flappjaxxx's phone
-Gingerbreak 2.3.6
-deodexed
-Standard AT&T Bloatware removed
-FJ-Tools app with OTA features built by flappjaxxx
-ADW Launcher built from source by flappjaxxx, optimized for the Note, who says ADW isn't fast!
-Da_G OverClocked Kernel
-lidroid 14 toggle user defined toggles
-CRT Off Animation
-OTA updates via FJ-tools
-Pushed OTA updates via goo.im, check out the app!
-Andrev OC built in with CPU Tweak for custom Sleep/Wake Profiles
-ES File Manager
-Titanium Backup
-Supersu
-TwoPumpChump Dialer with Removed Yellow Pages
-Tons of Features in FJ-Tools
-Ability to enable or disable TouchWiz Interface via FJ-Tools
-Again Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs​

How To:
1. Back Up your Stuff.
2. Full wipe is required if coming from another ROM
4. Flash .zip in recovery
5. Allow full first boot, reboot
6. Sign in to Market to add account.
7. Open Collective Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
8. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!​

Custom OC Profiles:
Sloth - Sleep = powersave 384/384 + Wake = ondemand 384/1134
flappjaxxx - Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 192/1566
rasroy -Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 192/1566
Nun - Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 384/1566
Lone Star - Sleep = ondemand 384/384 + Wake = ondemand 384/1728

In the CPU Tab hit your Menu button and you will see CPU Tweak.
CPU Tweak is exactly that, it will allow you to fully customize your Sleep and Wake Governors and Clock Speeds.
*Warning* Do be careful with this as using incorrect settings may have ill effects.
Do not use these setting unless you know what you are doing.​

Troubleshooting:
1. Did you do a full wipe?? If not, please do.
2. Did you reboot?
3. Don't restore app data via TIBU
4. Post in this thread
5. If you need more help, download the Android or PC app "Palringo" from the OTA, and join the group: theandroidcollective

Credits and Thanks: (In no particular order)
Flappjaxxx - Without Him we wouldn't be here
Da-G - For his OC Kernel
rasroygbiv
Nunhugger - for the port of his Emancipation theme!
Johnsondr80
Ruger94
Barbarian
ee23hd2 - Themed Dialer and SMS
DAGr8
lidroid - 14 Toggle Quickpannel
ashies7
cwhitney24
Gio22
Trevino07
Tx Redneck
mrhaley30705
Pick A Name
studacris
Zelendel
JoeDV
Sybregunne - For giving us Andrev OC and Daemon Controller
AngelDeath - For awesome GPS work
crypted- For awesome GPS Work
The Collective of course!
Let me know if I forgot anyone!
The XDA community as a whole!​

Full wipe is required if coming from another ROM
Downloads:
EMILY REQUIRES A FULL WIPE!!!!!!!!!
TheUnofficial-v1.5-Emily Community Release Download
The-Unofficial-v1.5-Emily TAC.org Download
The-Unofficial-v1.5-Emily Goo.im Download

Donations:
I never have, and never will ask for donations, however, if you feel the need to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the amount you want to give, and cut it in half. Give the other half to flappjaxxx! Donate to Him here!

Thank you to the following users for their donations! -If I missed you please PM me

Vellan S1mpd1ddy condork464 fellstar qnet blinkste21957 neevz Pandemoniumone thanhn55 fuentesfichael Phoneguy589

Last edited:

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: AT&T Visual VoiceMail is not working for me?
A: You probably have used the my messages app. AT&T needs to reset your voicemail account, just call them up! There's nothing we can do! You can download the VVM app from here

Q: How do I get into recovery?
A: For now, select reboot from dropdown, and then select Recovery...or power off your phone, then hold both volume + and - and press power, release power when you see the Samsung screen, but keep holding the volume buttons

Q: BLN is not working with this ROM, how can I make it work?
A: Flash this!

Last edited:

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca
Wooot ....thank you Flapp and smitty!!!!!!! D/l now

hahha come get me ATT....can't wait for PC to d/l go ahead .....charge me! Gotta aget my ROM! :)

Last edited:

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Downloading too. Is this AOKP or debloated gingerbread? Sorry for the dumb questions but I didn't see it in the the OP. Thanks for everyone's hard work to put this together!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
Downloading too. Is this AOKP or debloated gingerbread? Sorry for the dumb questions but I didn't see it in the the OP. Thanks for everyone's hard work to put this together!

Sorry, I will add this to the OP...

It is Gingerbread 2.3.6

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
Downloading too. Is this AOKP or debloated gingerbread? Sorry for the dumb questions but I didn't see it in the the OP.

To my knowledge there is no AOKP for this device. I could be wrong. This is stock, deodexed, themed, heavily tweaked and more. Enjoy!
Great job smitty this has been fun!

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CollectiveLogo2.png

The Collective Proudly Presents The-Unofficialv1.5-Emily!
    For Galaxy Note

*DISCLAIMER*
    You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
    Neither I nor any member of The Collective is responsible for any permanent damage.
    This is considered an Alpha release so please treat it like an Alpha and expect bugs and some things not to work properly.

This Release is dedicated to JoeDV and his daughter Emily. Please read the entire contents of For Emily app and give until it hurts. Anything is appreciated

theunofficialshowcase.png

Special thanks to Flappjaxxx. He's been specially working on this project with me, and without him, this would not be where it currently is. Please spam his THANKS button whenever you see him and show him much appreciation!

What users are saying!

I am very disappointed in this rom. Everything works perfect!!!! Not reboots no FC's no nothing nada WTF. Now what do i do with all my free time. Dang you guys!! Looks like now i have the time to use this phone instead of always fixing and re flashing and i am just so confused now. Never had the time to use this as a phone. So how do i make a phone call again???
    I don't usually post anything relating to battery life on ROM's, for what I believe are obvious reasons, but I couldn't hold back with this one. The Collective magic you guys have concocted for this release has made my battery last an incredibly long time, phenomenal work!!!
    This is the first time with a device that I've been privileged to experience the professionalism that is The Collective. The way you handle yourselves in this community is like nothing I've seen before, the bar has definitely been set higher.
    Just a new definition for perfection.......Unofficially of course!

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*

*WARNING*
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash someone else's kernel.
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
    -The kernel included is specific to this build and the only one supported.
    -Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
    -Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
    -Do Not Flame other users in my thread! That's my job alone!
    -Enjoy the rom and remember it is ALPHA Quality and sure to contain bugs

Known Issues:
    -Conservative Governor produces Hot Reboots - DON'T use it

What is it you ask?
    -A Serious Work in Progress!
    -This is built from a stock dump from flappjaxxx's phone
    -Gingerbreak 2.3.6
    -deodexed
    -Standard AT&T Bloatware removed
    -FJ-Tools app with OTA features built by flappjaxxx
    -ADW Launcher built from source by flappjaxxx, optimized for the Note, who says ADW isn't fast!
    -Da_G OverClocked Kernel
    -lidroid 14 toggle user defined toggles
    -CRT Off Animation
    -OTA updates via FJ-tools
    -Pushed OTA updates via goo.im, check out the app!
    -Andrev OC built in with CPU Tweak for custom Sleep/Wake Profiles
    -ES File Manager
    -Titanium Backup
    -Supersu
    -TwoPumpChump Dialer with Removed Yellow Pages
    -Tons of Features in FJ-Tools
    -Ability to enable or disable TouchWiz Interface via FJ-Tools
    -Again Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs​

How To:
    1. Back Up your Stuff.
    2. Full wipe is required if coming from another ROM
    4. Flash .zip in recovery
    5. Allow full first boot, reboot
    6. Sign in to Market to add account.
    7. Open Collective Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
    8. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!​

Custom OC Profiles:
    Sloth - Sleep = powersave 384/384 + Wake = ondemand 384/1134
    flappjaxxx - Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 192/1566
    rasroy -Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 192/1566
    Nun - Sleep = ondemand 192/192 + Wake = ondemand 384/1566
    Lone Star - Sleep = ondemand 384/384 + Wake = ondemand 384/1728

In the CPU Tab hit your Menu button and you will see CPU Tweak.
    CPU Tweak is exactly that, it will allow you to fully customize your Sleep and Wake Governors and Clock Speeds.
    *Warning* Do be careful with this as using incorrect settings may have ill effects.
    Do not use these setting unless you know what you are doing.​

Troubleshooting:
    1. Did you do a full wipe?? If not, please do.
    2. Did you reboot?
    3. Don't restore app data via TIBU
    4. Post in this thread
    5. If you need more help, download the Android or PC app "Palringo" from the OTA, and join the group: theandroidcollective

Credits and Thanks: (In no particular order)
    Flappjaxxx - Without Him we wouldn't be here
    Da-G - For his OC Kernel
    rasroygbiv
    Nunhugger - for the port of his Emancipation theme!
    Johnsondr80
    Ruger94
    Barbarian
    ee23hd2 - Themed Dialer and SMS
    DAGr8
    lidroid - 14 Toggle Quickpannel
    ashies7
    cwhitney24
    Gio22
    Trevino07
    Tx Redneck
    mrhaley30705
    Pick A Name
    studacris
    Zelendel
    JoeDV
    Sybregunne - For giving us Andrev OC and Daemon Controller
    AngelDeath - For awesome GPS work
    crypted- For awesome GPS Work
    The Collective of course!
    Let me know if I forgot anyone!
    The XDA community as a whole!​

Full wipe is required if coming from another ROM
    Downloads:
    EMILY REQUIRES A FULL WIPE!!!!!!!!!
    TheUnofficial-v1.5-Emily Community Release Download
    The-Unofficial-v1.5-Emily TAC.org Download
    The-Unofficial-v1.5-Emily Goo.im Download

Donations:
    I never have, and never will ask for donations, however, if you feel the need to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the amount you want to give, and cut it in half. Give the other half to flappjaxxx! Donate to Him here!

Thank you to the following users for their donations! -If I missed you please PM me

Vellan S1mpd1ddy condork464 fellstar qnet blinkste21957 neevz Pandemoniumone thanhn55 fuentesfichael Phoneguy589
    The Future of The Unofficial

So here we are already. Kind of bittersweet. We will probably release one more version of The Unofficial with the fixes I added yesterday but that will probably be the end of the line as it looks like me, smitty and Johnson and the rest of the crew on this side will all be working together to make a super swell ICS rom. Stay tuned! Johnson and I were up until all hours on the ICS build but I pussed out about 2 hours before he did. We will have good stuff in store. Already have a version of Tools ported to ICS as well being my last ROM before coming over to the Note was in fact ICS so it was tough going back to GB but fun while it lasted!
    We are waiting on kernel source then we will work our magic on that as well.
    Thanks everyone for keeping this thread clean and friendly.
    Thanks to that one knucklehead that came in and flamed for no good reason, I guess every thread has to have that one knucklehead, so again thanks to you knucklehead for keeping this thread consistent with the rest of XDA.

Enjoy the ride!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q: AT&T Visual VoiceMail is not working for me?
    A: You probably have used the my messages app. AT&T needs to reset your voicemail account, just call them up! There's nothing we can do! You can download the VVM app from here

Q: How do I get into recovery?
    A: For now, select reboot from dropdown, and then select Recovery...or power off your phone, then hold both volume + and - and press power, release power when you see the Samsung screen, but keep holding the volume buttons

Q: BLN is not working with this ROM, how can I make it work?
    A: Flash this!
    Quick Update

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update.
    The Collective group including myself have been working hard at the ICS release. I know there was some word of a possible Saturday release, but I am letting everyone know that this isn't going to happen. As tomorrow is Easter I will be with my family and not doing anything Android related. What does that mean to you? That means the Easter Bunny will only be bringing you candy and Easter Eggs. I talked with Johnson last night and we agreed rushing a release out just to have it out wasn't the best idea. We would rather have you wait patiently for something more than just another ICS rom. We have good stuff in store but you are going to have to wait for it. How long? I am not sure. It will be ready and released when it is truly tested and ready. Right now it is not ready. We hold ourselves to a particular standard and a big part of that standard is not to disappoint. I'm going to ask everyone nicely to not ask for ETAs and to not flood us with feature requests. We got you covered. Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday!

Enjoy the ride!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    THANK YOU!!!

I'm really at a loss of words as to what to say. On behalf of myself, Emily, our family, and all those battling cancer right now... Thank you!

For those who don't know the whole story, my daughter (at the time a couple weeks shy of her 9th birthday) was diagnosed with bone cancer in January last year. It was at that time that I began participating more in XDA whether it be answering questions, or theming, or doing whatever I could to take my mind off of things for a while.

Her first round of chemo was to last about 8 months... everything looked great up until the very last scan. It revealed that the cancer had spread. Since then we've tried a variety of what are known as less effective chemo drugs in the hopes that one was the magic formula to rid her of it. However, just last week we found out that nothing was working, and in fact, it had spread very rapidly and is now into her soft tissue (lungs). With that, we have moved into the "quality of life" phase, as there is no longer a movement towards a cure, but rather keeping her comfortable.

She is blissfully unaware of the severity, and we plan on keeping it that way. She is full of hope and is still planning her future (wants to go rock climbing when she's better, and bought a hair dryer last week) There is no need to take away her hope and dreams. (for that reason, I only ask that if posting notes anywhere, never mention her status or that you're sorry, etc.... be positive) (thank you)

She has touched so many in such a short time, that is the comfort I take from all of this. What was done here is my validation of that fact, and so I say thank you to all, though mere words will never express how appreciative I am for everything.

Joe