FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2013, 09:18 AM |#101  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Didn't even need to uninstall updates. it just suddenly started working.

As of yesterday it managed to pull down the subjects, and showed them in notification. But when I go there it flashed and just disappeared (crashed).

Tonight I see that it pulled down all the subjects again. This time, the app stayed open!

So it was doing SOMETHING in the background... weird...

29th December 2013, 04:33 PM |#102  
Flag Summerville, SC
Thanks Meter: 39

More
All Gapps working on my Kindle HDX 7. Awesome! Thanks!!! Widgets & wallpaper too. Just make sure not to update google apps (gmail, g+, etc.) in Playstore after install. I found this out after I updated Gmail in Play Store, and it stopped opening. I uninstalled the update & it worked fine again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-29-10-58-37.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	2481553  
The Following User Says Thank You to skyline247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skyline247 Ad-Free
29th December 2013, 05:48 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247

All Gapps working on my Kindle HDX 7. Awesome! Thanks!!! Widgets & wallpaper too. Just make sure not to update google apps (gmail, g+, etc.) in Playstore after install. I found this out after I updated Gmail in Play Store, and it stopped opening. I uninstalled the update & it worked fine again.

I see Amazon prime..Were you able to make that work? I cant get anything amazon to work which is a deal breaker..I love it otherwise
Cant wait for The Mainman that brought us this rom to combine both
29th December 2013, 07:02 PM |#104  
Flag Summerville, SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekaz

I see Amazon prime..Were you able to make that work? I cant get anything amazon to work which is a deal breaker..I love it otherwise
Cant wait for The Mainman that brought us this rom to combine both

Prime Instant Videos and Amazon mp3 is working for me. I'm able to watch the Prime Instant Videos, & even download Prime videos. However, Amazon Kindle books isn't working. When I click on the icon it does nothing. I can live without my books for now.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388343502768.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	2481809   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388343518860.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	2481811   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388343584175.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	2481813   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388343705731.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	2481820  
29th December 2013, 07:12 PM |#105  
Flag Summerville, SC

More
Also - and I am sure this is probably important - I started with a clean build before flashing this in SafeStrap slot 1. I used the backup that I made right after activating Safestrap.

29th December 2013, 10:15 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I personally in the meantime will stick to the stock rom. (After all near or enough all APK's can be transferred to the phone and installed from there. Don't really want to go into the slot based rom loading as storage space is limited enough as it is (16gb in my version of the HDX)
29th December 2013, 11:09 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Arrow An older version of the Kindle app works for me.
Quote:

Prime Instant Videos and Amazon mp3 is working for me. I'm able to watch the Prime Instant Videos, & even download Prime videos. However, Amazon Kindle books isn't working. When I click on the icon it does nothing. I can live without my books for now.

'Had the same issue with my Amazon reader app -- I got all my books back by using an older version of the Kindle app -- the current/recent version offered by the Play Store will not load after it installs. However, I have normal functionality and all my books after installing Amazon Kindle ver. 4.2.0.54. I found it through a link here, on XDA -- but can't locate it at the moment; try a search.

If you use it -- make sure you un-install your current version and all its data & cache (CleanMaster will do this automatically). Once you install it, try it -- it works fine for me on my HDX7 -- and make sure you do not allow "auto update" from Play Store -- or the issue will return.
30th December 2013, 05:47 AM |#108  

More
Quote:

Also - and I am sure this is probably important - I started with a clean build before flashing this in SafeStrap slot 1. I used the backup that I made right after activating Safestrap.

I did the same but Amazon apps nor prime works. It force closes...strange. the rom was touted as a non Amazon only Google working. He said he would work on a rom that both work on...are we talking about same rom?

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Actually just Amazon apps force closes. Amazon instant video loads but states I could buy and download but cannot play on device..no way to sign in either..please let me know your secrets

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th December 2013, 08:15 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Kindle HDX 7
Wow, Finally I was able to follow Android Cowboys instruction on rooting,and installing the necessary applications to get playstore working on my Kindle HDX 7. I'm happy to say everything worked out fine able to download from playstore,my Gmail,and Apex launcher working perfectly.Thank you all for your hard work it's greatly appreciated.
30th December 2013, 08:32 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I have tried a number of time so get Android Cowboys method to work but I continue to get error messages. Were you rooted or did you get play store w/o root? You have SafeStrap installed also?
30th December 2013, 09:38 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc4usa

'Had the same issue with my Amazon reader app -- I got all my books back by using an older version of the Kindle app -- the current/recent version offered by the Play Store will not load after it installs. However, I have normal functionality and all my books after installing Amazon Kindle ver. 4.2.0.54. I found it through a link here, on XDA -- but can't locate it at the moment; try a search.

If you use it -- make sure you un-install your current version and all its data & cache (CleanMaster will do this automatically). Once you install it, try it -- it works fine for me on my HDX7 -- and make sure you do not allow "auto update" from Play Store -- or the issue will return.

Did you also get amazon prime. Please tell us what steps you took after install cause amazon instant video app is not there and needs to be side loaded

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)