FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [UPDATED 9/27/2011]V1.9 Working App to Backup Windows Phone 7 via ZUNE ANY TIME

1,237 posts
Thanks Meter: 262

By hx4700 Killer, Senior Member on 29th May 2011, 10:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2011, 06:49 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT

Thanks again for your help. I tried the Mango Rom, it's got problems where it loses 3G then you have to hard reset to get it back (odd but, it happned to me) so I really want avoid it right now.

And yes, I do get around and try to stay active in a lot of mango or Trophy areas, as you can see...

That is why I am upset about this, I know there is not a replacement rom because of it was on XDA, PPCGeeks or 4pda.ru, or...many others, I would know about it by now. I know for a fact there is not a public released NoDO OEM rom for the US/Verizon HTC Trophy (Spark_W).

Oh, well, It's over, nothing else can be done here, so let's get back on the topic on hand.

to get 3G back you probably need to change these reg settings:
[HKLM\System\AutoDataConfig]
"RunADC"=dword:1
"ConfigurationStatus"=dword:0
"Attempt"=dword:0
"MaxAttemptsAllowed"=dword:3

can't you deploy the reg settings with the DiagProvXML app here?

17th September 2011, 07:02 AM |#502  
Flag Someplace in CT
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derausgewanderte

to get 3G back you probably need to change these reg settings:
[HKLM\System\AutoDataConfig]
"RunADC"=dword:1
"ConfigurationStatus"=dword:0
"Attempt"=dword:0
"MaxAttemptsAllowed"=dword:3

can't you deploy the reg settings with the DiagProvXML app here?

Problem is... The Leaked roms are roms that can't be unlocked besides a dev unlock. and we all should know by now, a dev unlock does not allow unsigned reg apps in mango. Unless you have the reg key in before the upgrade.

So, if I used that rom, I could not get access to the registry and if it's problem where it loses 3G, it's got a probem that I dont want to deal with.

Tried it for a few days, I wanted to roll back and do mango RTM (upgrade via Zune) because I want unlimited sideload/file and reg access that I could not get on that rom but, I can get if I upgrade.

Trust me, I know what your thinking about and I thought about it already. I'm sitting here thinking if I could live with that rom....
17th September 2011, 07:15 AM |#503  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx4700 Killer

Due to this experience I have added to the first post a caution about making sure you have a complete backup with success message to restore from otherwise it should not be trusted.

I hate to see anyone having difficulty and not be able to be made whole again. That is exactly why I created this tool

"NEVER trust a backup that does not say it completed properly."
when I ran the backup tool it showed 100% complete. but it never showed a confirmation message that it finished the backup successfully. The phone always stayed on the USB connection image. I had to close the backup tool and reboot the phone.

I have a strange new problem now. Whenever I start the backup tool the Windows Phone Support Tool pops up with a recover option??
rebooted, uninstalled-reinstalled Phone Tools. nada, it always calls the phone tools. Nothing changed. Zune finds the phone fine.
17th September 2011, 01:45 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It might be a dumb question, but where do I extract the 4.7 WMDU dll to? I've got ver 1.8 installed, and have Zune 4.8 installed.

Edit: I put it in the Zune folder, replacing the 4.8 one. I still get an error message. Do I need to upgrade the WP support tools?
17th September 2011, 02:49 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

It might be a dumb question, but where do I extract the 4.7 WMDU dll to? I've got ver 1.8 installed, and have Zune 4.8 installed.

install it where you like, e.g. the same folder as the program. then when you open the backup tool click on top left path settings and set the path for the 4.7 wmdu. The program should also ask you automatically where it is when you try to make a backup.

cheers
17th September 2011, 02:53 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Problem is, I get an error message when I try to open the Zune backup tool... Should I have kept ver 1.7 in the folder?
17th September 2011, 03:14 PM |#507  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn

Problem is, I get an error message when I try to open the Zune backup tool... Should I have kept ver 1.7 in the folder?

what is the error message?
the backup tool will automatically swap the files in the backup process and back to 4.8 when it's done. you do not need to change it yourself. you have to have the correct phone tools installed. Best is to uninstall the current version and download the one that works from the first post or let the program download and install it for you.
17th September 2011, 03:15 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Texas

More
Too true! I don't think I would be using other roms until I had a stock one to flash back due to the touchy nature of the restores possibly not going back without the phone being at the same rev as the backup

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
17th September 2011, 03:21 PM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx4700 Killer

Too true! I don't think I would be using other roms until I had a stock one to flash back due to the touchy nature of the restores possibly not going back without the phone being at the same rev as the backup

any idea why the backup tool simply calls the phone tool for me with restore option? Can't get it to work anymore. All the files are the same. Wondering if there is a setting saved someplace in an ini file or registry?
17th September 2011, 03:29 PM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Texas

More
Wow.. No. the command line in the backup function and restore are set in the functions. Can you post an SS of the screen?

17th September 2011, 03:53 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Texas

More
Rbrsddn,

I did not consider that anyone would replace the 4.8 zunewmdu with the old one permanently. I don't know what that would do when using Zune.
Put it anywhere or even rename it and the program will ask you where you put it. Mine is in the Zune folder but renamed to Zunewmdu.dll.47

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)