FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

437 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,270

By popdog123, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2012, 10:45 AM |#1001  
Flag msk
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelesslyPrecise

How can you get 3g working?

When I input apn setting it disappeared... :/

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

It's an issue of several mobile providers, for example your T-mobile (known issue of 7.2 and, I believe, Oxygen ROM too). Developers work on that problem.
Here in Russia we don't have those issues, but my wife always lose her internet connection on this ROM.

11th February 2012, 11:23 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 152

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozadroid

u like colors?? thats the same reason some of us wants theme chooser.

For those who think themes r bloat they can remove it.. but for those who think the other way round it is difficult to add theme chooser.

now stop pretending as the God Father for popdog. i m addressing popdog so he can answer for himself i suppose. u dont hafta reply to each n every post people write even if they have asked it to others!!

if u can help u r most welcome. but if people ask help from some1, u shud not put ur nose in btw if u cant help.

If you READ first post you will understand that popdog will never reply to you

And if you need themechooser just flash another ROM and there you go u have themechooser
11th February 2012, 12:11 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

u like colors?? thats the same reason some of us wants theme chooser.

For those who think themes r bloat they can remove it.. but for those who think the other way round it is difficult to add theme chooser.

now stop pretending as the God Father for popdog. i m addressing popdog so he can answer for himself i suppose. u dont hafta reply to each n every post people write even if they have asked it to others!!

if u can help u r most welcome. but if people ask help from some1, u shud not put ur nose in btw if u cant help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=957

Quote:

"As for theme manager i've said it many times i don't have to repeat agian. Wait for mdroid's nitrogen which is themed. I won't add theme manager because i don't want to turn this rom into cyanogenmod."

The Following User Says Thank You to nocterum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nocterum Ad-Free
11th February 2012, 12:28 PM |#1004  
Flag Aligarh
Thanks Meter: 546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicro

If you READ first post you will understand that popdog will never reply to you

And if you need themechooser just flash another ROM and there you go u have themechooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocterum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=957

" Popdog: Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored. "

I am just asking for theme chooser for this reason. Devs at oxygen forums had already put theme chooser in their ROMs. So according to popdog as mentioned above, he shud now put theme manager in this!! or he shud change the note to "I will never put any features to this ROM. so Faaak oFF..!
11th February 2012, 12:34 PM |#1005  

More
Quote:

" Popdog: Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored. "

I am just asking for theme chooser for this reason. Devs at oxygen forums had already put theme chooser in their ROMs. So according to popdog as mentioned above, he shud now put theme manager in this!! or he shud change the note to "I will never put any features to this ROM. so Faaak oFF..!

It was never added in original oxygen 2.3.2 by AdamG(as in "good people" as stated, with other core devs that build oxygen with AdamG, not like unofficial porters etc) other devs do what they like.
The Following User Says Thank You to nocterum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nocterum Ad-Free
11th February 2012, 01:04 PM |#1006  
Flag Aligarh

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocterum

It was never added in original oxygen 2.3.2 by AdamG(as in "good people" as stated, with other core devs that build oxygen with AdamG, not like unofficial porters etc) other devs do what they like.

AdamG removed the theme chooser in v2.3. that means he had it in previous versions!!

Whatever be the case i wont argue with any1 now coz the Dev itself isnt courteous enough to respond even to clear the matter.
11th February 2012, 01:18 PM |#1007  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,270

Donate to Me
More
courteous... lovely lovely word....

Anyway since you really are pushing things around here, a more precise response than
Quote:

"As for theme manager i've said it many times i don't have to repeat agian. Wait for mdroid's nitrogen which is themed. I won't add theme manager because i don't want to turn this rom into cyanogenmod."

should be in order.

So here it is, a to-the-point response from myself in person:
Quote:

"I will not add theme manager to this rom. Not now, not ever. I am aware that AdamG had theme manager in a previous version just like he had FM Radio. But he removed both of them for a reason of his own. Maybe he had something personal against people listening to FM Radio or theme-ing his rom. Or maybe (and i'm just throwing this out there) he had a valid reason like THE ROM IS SLOWER WITH THESE FEATURES. I am trying to keep the rom as close to the original as possible. I have posted my sources, go ahead and add stuff to it and post it and say i'm an asshole for not adding them in my release."

There you have it... an "official" response from popdog123 himself.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to popdog123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popdog123 Ad-Free
11th February 2012, 01:20 PM |#1008  
Recognized Developer / Themer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 8,194

Donate to Me
More
Strange problem
Hey I tried to flash Oxygen 2.3 after full wipe(including /boot and /system) ... installed Titanium backup, restored 10 apps, next morning I tried to install an app and the phone freezed(there wass no OC), I pulled out the battery and restarted it and observed that all /data apps were gone... I even tried reflash after full wipe and even flashed franco's 2OCT kernel but the same problem again ... I didn't had any such problem on Oxygen v1.1 .32 version...
11th February 2012, 01:45 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
flashing 2.4 now..
and btw popdog well done on the full export to Google codes, its pretty well managed now
11th February 2012, 01:52 PM |#1010  
Flag Aligarh

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog123

courteous... lovely lovely word....

Anyway since you really are pushing things around here, a more precise response than should be in order.

So here it is, a to-the-point response from myself in person:

There you have it... an "official" response from popdog123 himself.

yes this is exactly the same what i was asking since the start. also my demand wasn't unnecessary. u urself wrote u wont put features like theme manager untill people at oxygen did. but they did n u didn't thats why i asked for it.

and for the asshole thing... its ur ROM n we r the users so we can demand anything.. but its upto u to put that demand in ur ROM. why wud i say asshole or anything vulgar for that.. its just u shud reply to ur users!! It's like CUSTOMER CARE u see
11th February 2012, 02:06 PM |#1011  

More
Quote:

yes this is exactly the same what i was asking since the start. also my demand wasn't unnecessary. u urself wrote u wont put features like theme manager untill people at oxygen did. but they did n u didn't thats why i asked for it.

and for the asshole thing... its ur ROM n we r the users so we can demand anything.. but its upto u to put that demand in ur ROM. why wud i say asshole or anything vulgar for that.. its just u shud reply to ur users!! It's like CUSTOMER CARE u see

you don't get the point. the people at oxygen did not include theme chooser in oxygen 2.3.2

look at changelog of official v2.3 http://forum.oxygen.im/viewtopic.php?id=982
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastest rom for p500, oxygen, p500, popdog123, zip-zap-zoom rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)