FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

437 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,270

By popdog123, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2013, 03:39 PM |#2041  
Flag Meerut
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog123

Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
  • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
  • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
  • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
  • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
--------------------

Discussion thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
  • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
  • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
  • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
  • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:

Hi,

For checking performance I have flashed franco Kernel. But I dont found any special change in the performance of the Rom. After that when I try to get back to the Oxygen's official Kernel, I am facing some error 3 (Status 07) while flashing the kernel.. I don't know why It's happening. I downloaded the kernel 5 times from oxygen blog (as provided above). But Each time I get this error..I had also retried it with a restart and also tried flashing after mounting the system partition but same error again and again. I am using CWM 5.0.2.7 ...Then I try to flash some other kernel its flashing successfully without an error....I think there is a problem in the kernel Zip. Please help.

19th July 2013, 04:18 PM |#2042  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 856

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhawan

Hi,

For checking performance I have flashed franco Kernel. But I dont found any special change in the performance of the Rom. After that when I try to get back to the Oxygen's official Kernel, I am facing some error 3 (Status 07) while flashing the kernel.. I don't know why It's happening. I downloaded the kernel 5 times from oxygen blog (as provided above). But Each time I get this error..I had also retried it with a restart and also tried flashing after mounting the system partition but same error again and again. I am using CWM 5.0.2.7 ...Then I try to flash some other kernel its flashing successfully without an error....I think there is a problem in the kernel Zip. Please help.

Dev has not been online for months
Better flash the ROM again by wiping the system and the caches
It will restore the original kernel

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium
20th July 2013, 02:03 AM |#2043  
Thanks Meter: 917

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhawan

Hi,

Yes probably a META-INF folder issue, try replacing its meta-inf folder with any other kernel zip. Hopefully it will solve your issue. Good luck!
1st October 2013, 09:34 PM |#2044  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
great rom. only gps problem but with simple solution. use until today (3 months).
Today the touchscreen stop working tottally or doesnt work where i touch.
i reflash this rom but didnt solve it. try other roms and touchscreen didnt work too.
Only rom that touchscreen works for me is RESURRECTION ( android 2.3.3) so its not an hardware problem....
I reaaly like this rom, any ideas?
4th October 2013, 09:13 PM |#2045  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Every time trying other roms and reverting back to this.
Awesome rom.
Thanks Popdog.
Can any one port LG ui 3 theme for this great rom ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 07:09 PM |#2046  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay17

Every time trying other roms and reverting back to this.
Awesome rom.
Thanks Popdog.
Can any one port LG ui 3 theme for this great rom ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

yeah. if anyone could do it. we'll appreciate this. thanks best rom ever smooth & fast & no lag at all.
3rd September 2014, 10:02 PM |#2047  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone having problem with youtube app not saving it's settings?
And is there any way to port ICS task killer?
17th September 2014, 02:40 PM |#2048  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainCz

Anyone having problem with youtube app not saving it's settings?
And is there any way to port ICS task killer?

Im dont know about youtube settings, but as a taks killer you can try this one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=236151938
28th September 2016, 07:58 PM |#2049  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was sick of seeing this message every time I had to turn my phone off.

Quote:

Welcome to Oxygen!
This ROM has been extensively tested and is mostly bug free, however if you do happen to have a problem, please attempt a *FULL* wipe before reporting it.
Finally from all of us at the Oxygen team, we hope you have a great experience using Oxygen.
For support visit oxygen.im.

So I decided to do something about it, I learned how to de/recompile APKs with ODEX files and recompiled the Launcher APK with a change that makes it go away. I'll post a flashable ZIP here in case anyone wants it too, also included a flashable ZIP to copy the original launch files.

I can't post links so: www40(.)zippyshare(.)com/v/WagrTG5v/file.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastest rom for p500, oxygen, p500, popdog123, zip-zap-zoom rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)