Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post29811287
This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
Now let's get to the facts:
- Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
- This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
- No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
- There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
- I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.
Now as for how to flash it:
copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip
Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
Discussion thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)
Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE
Changelog and bugs in second post.
I'd like to thank:
- mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
- mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
- the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
- the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom
For checking performance I have flashed franco Kernel. But I dont found any special change in the performance of the Rom. After that when I try to get back to the Oxygen's official Kernel, I am facing some error 3 (Status 07) while flashing the kernel.. I don't know why It's happening. I downloaded the kernel 5 times from oxygen blog (as provided above). But Each time I get this error..I had also retried it with a restart and also tried flashing after mounting the system partition but same error again and again. I am using CWM 188.8.131.52 ...Then I try to flash some other kernel its flashing successfully without an error....I think there is a problem in the kernel Zip. Please help.