FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.108][16 AUG] Dorimanx 10.9 LG G2 D80*ALL! F320 LS/VS980 L01F

12,562 posts
Thanks Meter: 92,482

Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2014, 11:21 AM |#10001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3y

:\

With Stweaks i can't change sampling rate over 80k , so i have to use another app.
And for the frequencies , i noticed that MP decision is online after i set Dual intelligent control , so I turn it off from trickerMODkernel.

Mine are not "noobish questions" , I only asked why the sampling rate back to 50k with kernels above 7.8 and why the frequencies of the GPU go down for no reason

your questions and answers are noobish.

MP decision is always ON, but control for hotplug is OFF for it,
it's used by ROM to activate power HAL library. and it's must be ON all the time.

It's has nothing!!!! to do with dual intelligent control as it's for CORE temp reduce. and not for MP.

you dont understand the basics. so please, move to QA. this is DEV thread.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th October 2014, 11:22 AM |#10002  
Flag Piotrków Trybunalski
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

you have PM.

Im able also to join hangsout group?
26th October 2014, 11:32 AM |#10003  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

sample rate 130? and what you gain from this? LAG?

more than 100, is overdose.
and not allowed any more.

dont use external apps to control kernel. or use stock,
my kernel has 1 control app, and it's STweaks, nothing more.

for features that i dont wish to add to STweaks, you can use other apps.
for included. dont.

For the MP decision , i said a stupid thing , OK , Sorry.

But for sampling rate , using alucard governor and setting it from 50k to 130k , scrolling is more faster and without lags (exemple with whatsapp or into browser )( Tested on multiple devices) . With 7.8 if i set it to 130k ,it remain to 130k , but with kernel above the 7.8 (ex: 8.4 or 8.5) it come back to 50k.
26th October 2014, 12:10 PM |#10004  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3y

For the MP decision , i said a stupid thing , OK , Sorry.

But for sampling rate , using alucard governor and setting it from 50k to 130k , scrolling is more faster and without lags (exemple with whatsapp or into browser )( Tested on multiple devices) . With 7.8 if i set it to 130k ,it remain to 130k , but with kernel above the 7.8 (ex: 8.4 or 8.5) it come back to 50k.

more sample rate timer! then more time gov wait till it's will rise the freq or reduce the freq.

so how it's can be faster with 130000 sample rate, when from 300Mhz to 1.5Ghz you need to wait till gov will wakeup and update freq to process the load that your finger swipe generate.

130000usec (microseconds) = 0.13sec wait time for freq to change.
cpu working in Usec! so for really fast response we need 10000usec in gov
= 0.01sec
default is 50000 in my kernel to save power, as with stock it's 10K

it's seems so little change from 0.13 to 0.05, but you cant even imagine how much data CPU need to process when you just scroll some app.

and every 0.01 is a delay in core. that lead to waiting till something will be done for you.

again. you need to read some more before do stupid things.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2014, 12:23 PM |#10005  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

more sample rate timer! then more time gov wait till it's will rise the freq or reduce the freq.

so how it's can be faster with 130000 sample rate, when from 300Mhz to 1.5Ghz you need to wait till gov will wakeup and update freq to process the load that your finger swipe generate.

130000usec (microseconds) = 0.13sec wait time for freq to change.
cpu working in Usec! so for really fast response we need 10000usec in gov
= 0.01sec
default is 50000 in my kernel to save power, as with stock it's 10K

it's seems so little change from 0.13 to 0.05, but you cant even imagine how much data CPU need to process when you just scroll some app.

and every 0.01 is a delay in core. that lead to waiting till something will be done for you.

again. you need to read some more before do stupid things.

So what is your advice?

50k or 130k?
26th October 2014, 12:31 PM |#10006  
Flag Hudson, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,072

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3y

So what is your advice?

50k or 130k?

Try țo reread dorimanx's answer
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinchoska For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tinchoska Ad-Free
26th October 2014, 01:43 PM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
So far so good for 8.5.6.
I use Alucard, Alucard, darkness & darkness. Alucard hp.
Alucard difference is noticable. Tnx
The Following User Says Thank You to Wimmme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wimmme Ad-Free
26th October 2014, 01:51 PM |#10008  
Flag Ohrid
Thanks Meter: 213

More
So far so good on 8.5.6 I use Alucard,Alucard,ondemond,ondemond.Alucard hp.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to goran_oh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift goran_oh Ad-Free
26th October 2014, 02:09 PM |#10009  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajahebat

What variant your G2 is? I assume the rom your are using have removed the Hidden Menu option. If it so, revert to stock rom or stock-based custom rom that have hidden menu enabled/notremove then refresh touch driver from there.

Every kernel i saw here for G2 have Knock On/Off enabled and it works, Knock code will be null after installing recovery but that null means it is disabled accidentally due to recovery flashing, so it can be re-enabled in that hidden menu.

I'm using the sprint variant of LG G2 aka LS-980.
And I was and still using stock rom ZVD 4.4.2(since it's the latest rom from sprint) but before installing recovery and flashing kernel, the hidden menu was there by dialing 5689#*980# (but there was not a update touch firmware option in hidden menu since sprint removed that after ZV8 rom{stock rom 4.2.2).
Then after instaling twrp recovery from AutoRec , it broked the knock on feature (although knock off was working fine).
Then I flashed dorimanx kernel 8.5 (yes I did wipe cache/data) the knock on and knock off feature is working fine but
2 Problems:
1)The hidden menu after flashing twrp and dorimanx is showing null.
2) The blue led light which used to light up when the screen was off(when doing knock on) isn't lighting up anymore after flashing twrp or dorimanx (led is not faulty because its light up when turning phone on/off.
P.S: I have provided the most information I could.
26th October 2014, 02:29 PM |#10010  
Thanks Meter: 197

Donate to Me
More
@Dori
Is it possible to ask all the people in the forum to post your best settings/profiles for Stweak's...???

I've been searching for the best battery/performance profile........???

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bycrrerhpy...le_backup?dl=0
26th October 2014, 02:35 PM |#10011  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midskool

I'm using the sprint variant of LG G2 aka LS-980.
And I was and still using stock rom ZVD 4.4.2(since it's the latest rom from sprint) but before installing recovery and flashing kernel, the hidden menu was there by dialing 5689#*980# (but there was not a update touch firmware option in hidden menu since sprint removed that after ZV8 rom{stock rom 4.2.2).
Then after instaling twrp recovery from AutoRec , it broked the knock on feature (although knock off was working fine).
Then I flashed dorimanx kernel 8.5 (yes I did wipe cache/data) the knock on and knock off feature is working fine but
2 Problems:
1)The hidden menu after flashing twrp and dorimanx is showing null.
2) The blue led light which used to light up when the screen was off(when doing knock on) isn't lighting up anymore after flashing twrp or dorimanx (led is not faulty because its light up when turning phone on/off.
P.S: I have provided the most information I could.

Seeing from the info you provided above, i can say it is not a big issue. I thought your Knock On/Off is not working, sorry for misunderstanding.

About that hidden menu, i am not sure about Sprint variant but on int'l D802 variant there is HiddenMenu.apk in /System/App
Blue LED during Knock On, i cant really say, maybe can ask both Kernel dev and your rom dev

Maybe you can start from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to wajahebat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wajahebat Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dorimanx kernel, full support, good battery, high oc, lg kitkat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)