FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.108][16 AUG] Dorimanx 10.9 LG G2 D80*ALL! F320 LS/VS980 L01F

12,402 posts
Thanks Meter: 91,037
 
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2014, 01:44 AM |#5001  
dorimanx's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.
Thanks Meter: 91,037
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow

Just noticed I downloaded the D801 version LOL. Thanks!

Oh, what i need to do for people stop installing wrong kernels?

Its like 100 post about the same thing....



Sent from my LG-D802
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th July 2014, 01:47 AM |#5002  
dorimanx's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.
Thanks Meter: 91,037
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogconnect

Knock code works for my LS-980(CloudyG3) using TMO since last 2 updates on screen off. Its goes straight to main screen. But double knocks does not go to lock screen anymore which previously work with NO Knock code kernel. I knew these have been discussed before.... with knock code it'll goes straight main screen.
BUT....I have the new LG G pad 7.0 V400 with latest stock which support knock code. Screen off double knocks wake screen to Lock Screen then I can knock my codes to unlock. Or Screen off...knock my codes it goes straight to main screen. So does G2 suppose to work these way?

Sent from My LG G2 LS-980 or LG G Pad 7.0 V400

This is correction to knock code by LG.
And its not given to us! So when they will update one model with this fix, all will get it from me.

Till then, OR knock code OR knock on!

There is no other option.

Please search before ask. As people smart, and asked 10 times already.



Sent from my LG-D802
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 01:58 AM |#5003  
Hosehead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Deleted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
29th July 2014, 01:59 AM |#5004  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

Oh, what i need to do for people stop installing wrong kernels?

Its like 100 post about the same thing....

Sent from my LG-D802

Use bigger Text on the Download page Additional task: throw out a Full Screen POPUP after the user
initiates the Download with Text (in RED / Blinking Letters):

DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL FOR DEVICE

XXXX

?

YES - NO




BTW: 6.4 run's nice here Thx for your hard work !!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fire3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fire3d Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 02:07 AM |#5005  
Nigglenuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire3d

Use bigger Text on the Download page Additional task: throw out a Full Screen POPUP after the user
initiates the Download with Text (in RED / Blinking Letters):

DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL FOR DEVICE

XXXX

?

YES - NO




BTW: 6.4 run's nice here Thx for your hard work !!!!!

Lol I totally agree

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigglenuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nigglenuts Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 02:17 AM |#5006  
SREEPRAJAY's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag CITY OF PARKS
Thanks Meter: 5,796
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

Oh, what i need to do for people stop installing wrong kernels?

Its like 100 post about the same thing....



Sent from my LG-D802

Hello my friend
Just a small suggestion...could it be possible to make just a folder with a title for each one and inside you could list those files.

This would not stop this madness completely....only way is user awareness but could possibly make it to seventy five posts instead of the 100.... maybe...
Try try try

Edit: now let's stop this OT about this....in a dev thread

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SREEPRAJAY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SREEPRAJAY Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 02:25 AM |#5007  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 460
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SREEPRAJAY

Hello my friend
Just a small suggestion...could it be possible to make just a folder with a title for each one and inside you could list those files.

This would not stop this madness completely....only way is user awareness but could possibly make it to seventy five posts instead of the 100.... maybe...
Try try try

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Really if someone isn't intelligent enough to figure out the proper model and kernel they shouldn't be flashing aftermarket to begin with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saythis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saythis Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 03:10 AM |#5008  
glacies's Avatar
Senior Member
Hat Yai
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Just had an SoD. Here is the log from stweaks.

Kernel 6.4 on d802
Attached Files
File Type: txt dorimanx_debug.txt - [Click for QR Code] (508.5 KB, 26 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glacies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glacies Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 03:46 AM |#5009  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saythis

Really if someone isn't intelligent enough to figure out the proper model and kernel they shouldn't be flashing aftermarket to begin with.

Fair enough, but the phone I bought in Canada, to work on T-mobile frequencies, which says "D801" on the case.... is a D803. LG isn't very clear in their model numbers.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

Oh, what i need to do for people stop installing wrong kernels?

Two serious ideas. First is to emphasize the model number. For example, instead of "LG G2 D800 KitKat Kernels List!", "LG G2 D801 KitKat Kernels List!" etc. the mirror download text could start with "D800", "D801".

Second, instead of sorting by phone model and listing all build numbers, you could sort by release number. So the download page would have the latest release (6.4) at the top, then a single download link for each phone model under that. Then put older releases in a subfolder that noobs won't click on accidentally.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahilliard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahilliard Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 04:21 AM |#5010  
Beardedface's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
More
Or an even better suggestion is to take your time and look at what you download. And when you flash double check its the right model. Its not that hard. Dori does enough hard work on his kernel so why dont we all work hard on the other things

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beardedface For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beardedface Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 04:31 AM |#5011  
Nigglenuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 198
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardedface

Or an even better suggestion is to take your time and look at what you download. And when you flash double check its the right model. Its not that hard. Dori does enough hard work on his kernel so why dont we all work hard on the other things

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Straight up. You took the words right out of my mouth

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nigglenuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nigglenuts Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dorimanx kernel, full support, good battery, high oc, lg kitkat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes