[ROM][4.4] AOKP::i605

4,007 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,429

By akellar, Senior Member on 21st September 2013, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2014, 01:14 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Pretty big update today, at least as far s file size. Can't wait to see what goodies it may bring!

AOKP used to have a dialer that would switch to landscape when needed... like when in a car dock. I'm sure hoping that makes it back in on one of these revs.

Kev

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note II.
21st April 2014, 01:51 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
All - Having issues with camera, and texting. Camera locks up almost every single time i use it, whether its photo or video.. reboot required. Also, text messages aren't sending no matter what text app i use.

Any ideas on how to fix, or am i forced to go to another rom? Running 3/27 right now. I'm going to flash latest and see if it helps.

EDIT: Wonder if installing this would help my camera issue. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/16...o-google-play/
21st April 2014, 05:55 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatacomGuy

All - Having issues with camera, and texting. Camera locks up almost every single time i use it, whether its photo or video.. reboot required. Also, text messages aren't sending no matter what text app i use.

Any ideas on how to fix, or am i forced to go to another rom? Running 3/27 right now. I'm going to flash latest and see if it helps.

EDIT: Wonder if installing this would help my camera issue. http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/16...o-google-play/

SMS issues exist on all AOSP based roms on this device lately. I have seen zero definitive reasons why and no fix. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akellar Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 06:59 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Well, crap. That sucks. I use SMS all day for work.
22nd April 2014, 02:00 AM |#505  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatacomGuy

...Also, text messages aren't sending no matter what text app i use.

texting is just fine out of NJ using a 03/22 build of CM11. I'm too afraid to try any newer builds of pretty much any ROM right now with all the bad karma going around

where do you live? there's a nasty AOSP SMS issue with Samsung devices in central/western PA, VA, and (maybe) OH...no known solution yet (other than reverting to TW), at least not for i605.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilDX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhilDX Ad-Free
23rd April 2014, 05:23 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Any updates on this akellar? Not asking for ETA. Just wondering if anyone has found the root cause and where were going with this issue.
23rd April 2014, 06:32 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

Any updates on this akellar? Not asking for ETA. Just wondering if anyone has found the root cause and where were going with this issue.

Haven't heard anything but honestly I'm out of the loop. I had to warranty replace my Note 2 (which obviously resulted in a locked bootloader) and have since moved onto a Droid Maxx (love it, highly recommended). I still keep my eyes out for this device though but again, haven't seen anything in the works for a fix or even a definite reason it happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akellar Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 02:12 AM |#508  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar

... I had to warranty replace my Note 2 (which obviously resulted in a locked bootloader) and have since moved onto a Droid Maxx...

@akellar shoot me a PM if you're interested in selling your locked note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to PhilDX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhilDX Ad-Free
4th June 2014, 01:56 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Is it normal for the camera to break after taking about 5 pictures?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note ll
4th June 2014, 02:35 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopt51

Is it normal for the camera to break after taking about 5 pictures?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note ll

Aosp camera for all roms for the note 2 have terrible camera performance. So yes it's normally for us
4th June 2014, 01:00 PM |#511  
Flag 21045
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

Aosp camera for all roms for the note 2 have terrible camera performance. So yes it's normally for us

I have been running another AOSP rom and it runs pretty smooth, the camera is functioning perfectly. I think a lot of time it is a hit or miss, maybe because hardware is sometimes not made in all the same batch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)