[APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

Search This thread

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Great progress so far, I gave it a brief try.. Although the whole idea of all the notifications coming through as emails kind of puts me off.

I mainly wanted to use it for gmail notifications, although it didnt work as well as I hoped.

I noticed a delay on receiving the notification on the gear..

In saying that tho ! Great progress once again, Ill definitely be keeping an eye on this thread to see what this turns into.

Reactions: sepiroth887

msm903

Jul 28, 2007
+1
Me too nothing received on my watch.
I did what OP said.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Are the other notifications working fine? like regular mail and so on through the gear manager.

When I was playing around I tried to clear the Nsync data to get rid of the constant resending of notifications. When I did that I stopped receiving all Notifications and had to uninstall gear manager and reinstall it

firasusman

Sep 13, 2011
Dubai
Are the other notifications working fine? like regular mail and so on through the gear manager.

When I was playing around I tried to clear the Nsync data to get rid of the constant resending of notifications. When I did that I stopped receiving all Notifications and had to uninstall gear manager and reinstall it

Yes default one works fine
I wanted this app to receive Facebook and what'sapp plus other extra thing.

msm903

Jul 28, 2007
Yes default one works fine
I wanted this app to receive Facebook and what'sapp plus other extra thing.

Not sure what is the deal. I just reinstalled the APP to test and it worked with no issues. once a whatsapp message came through and phone screen was off it sent it directly to the device. I am on an AT&T Note 3 though.

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Does anyone have any suggestions on why it works for some people but not others? I get nothing from any app :(

I can't get it to work either.

I am on Verizon & just wanted to get useable gmail notifications (that didn't say go check your phone for the content of the mail)

I followed the instructions in the op very carefully, but I still get exactly the same thing as before.

I finally gave up & started using the Samsung email program instead of the gmail app. I really didn't want to do this because the gmail app is WAY better than the Samsung app but you do what you have to I guess.

sepiroth887

Oct 5, 2013
I seem to have hit and miss notifications as well, which I initially blamed on messing a lot around the note and the watch while coding for the app. I suspect that the gear manager has some issue with the way notifications from ATN are sent to it.

While masking as email notifications is working its not ideal. Im busy to find a way to have the gear communicate with ATN directly and display custom info on the watch. I made some progress but not in a releasable state just yet.

Also it is down to the apps sending the inital notifications to design whats sent and there is no easy way to get to the content without black magic java trickery which fails currently when apps do not conform to default views.

Im thinking about creating a custom event pipe apps can send notifications too. Maybe with enough traction some devs will use that...

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kons45

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Those of you just looking for gmail, Atooma has some rules that should push good notifications to the gear. I have some other apps I am looking for notifications from.

Adamallica

Oct 19, 2010
Anyone figure out how to uninstall? I got it to stop notifying, but I still constantly get the same three notifications every hour or so even though the emails have been deleted from the phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

LATEST VERSION: v1.2.3.1_pre

Installation:

I stopped developing and distributing this app due to the latest Gear firmware release which brings full notifications to all apps. This is far superior to the ATN app and I will defer to Samsung on this one ^^

Thanks for the support and feedback, you guys made this a really fun experience! Cheerio
    The latest gear manager displays the entire text.

It does indeed, im quite impressed by the new functionality even though it looks and feels almost like a copy of my work :p (jk) it was bound to look that way really ^^

With this update I will call it quits because there is no way i will be able to provide a better experience without a major overhaul for which I just don't have the time yet. Also the SDK is still missing so I don't like expanding on something that is working quite well just now.

I had a blast developing it and learned a ton about Android and the gear and the XDA Community is fantastic and really supportive! Thanks again for all your support and feedback and I hope you have a great experience with the Gear going forward.

Cheerio!
    Ok guys, im really getting nowhere with content parsing for individual apps. I will change approach.

Stick with whatever version works best for now and I start working on v2.

V2 ill try and pass every bit of text I find in the first notification of an app and then leave it to the user to select what content to show for title and body. Any subsequent app notifications will then follow this format.

Drawback is upon uninstall people will have to redo that.... but I will also add an export settings option to backup those settings.

This is a major piece of work though, so it might take me a while to get it done. Hang tight ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Id saty away from 1.2.3.1 for now. I should be able to release a 2.0 soon, hopefully before start of next week. :beer:

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Yes, as quickly as possible, id like to avoid breaking other apps in the process of getting hangouts et al to work.

I shouldnt have churned out the forst versions so quickly, now people might expect that to be the norm. Sorry to tell you I still have a busy job and the wife needs attention too. Im doing my best to fit the app development in though :) patience :p

No rant at any one person! Just letting folks know to adjust expectations

Sent from my SM-N900T