My Stable NAND build (2.6.25 kernel + casacristo's RLS18 ROM)

Search This thread

BYTeXperience

Jul 15, 2010
I have installed this android, and what can i say, it is not the fastest of all but is stable and it have all you need to use it day by day.
What i can't succed to use was the CoPilot Live GPS app, it have installed but after i have download all the things for this navigation app, when i start it after the splash screen it remain stucked with a blank screen. CoPilot was working fine on this device with other android rom. Any sugestions to solve the GPS problem?

m00nlighttt

Aug 20, 2009
1- am i have to hold the volume up each time of reboot

2- it can't feel the sd card whoever the astro program can feel and see the files

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
1. no. u have to rename the file install-seq.sh inside the andboot folder to anything like install-seq-installed.sh so that reboot will be automatic.
2. u can download from the market a different file explorer app like "File Expert" or "Neptune Explorer" which is what im using.

penchp

Mar 8, 2011
1. no. u have to rename the file install-seq.sh inside the andboot folder to anything like install-seq-installed.sh so that reboot will be automatic.
2. u can download from the market a different file explorer app like "File Expert" or "Neptune Explorer" which is what im using.
yo! thanks for the rom
its successfully installed but every 3-5 minutes its just hang up so i need to make soft reset on my htc touch p3650 then the fully charge battery last for 2hrs only...
pls advice.thanks.

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
maybe there is some apps u installed that is making it hang. or it could be a battery problem. mine lasts for a day on standby and last for a few hours when using wifi. battery drain i think is a general problem with the android on a polaris. If it fails miserably, try flashing it again from a newly-formatted sdcard.

kemorshk

Feb 21, 2011
WiFi issue

Nice work on this build! everything is working properly for me so far except for Wi-Fi witch is not able to find certain networks (they just don´t appear on network list)... Any idea on how to fix fix this?

kim_virith

Dec 31, 2009
thank you man.really stable thank you in advance for your share.wish u success with ur work more and more friend. good luck man.... :)

PH600

Jan 19, 2009
Hi.

My polaris since is running with this rom, batery only last for about 10/15h. Is this normal? First I have radio 1.59.xx, then upgrade to 1.65.xx but stills the same.
Is there any thing I can do to increase batery or do I did something wrong?

Thanks

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
Seems normal for a polaris running with android. but then what i did was to identify several apps running in the background that use a lot of power:

1. Wifi uses a lot of power. I better turn it off when not used.
2. Clock Alarm uses power so I better turn it off in Fridays and Saturdays.
3. Using a utility app that reads running apps in the background I found several not really useful for me like the Voice recognizer app so I uninstalled it. Sometimes apps that meant to increase RAM by staying on in the background can use a lot of power and may be not worth keeping. Sometimes "battery saver" apps do worse.
4. Some installed apps that periodically sync with the web are power-siphons. A contact app or a messaging app can be a culprit. 3G signal can also be a siphon.
5. and finally, the prime suspect is our LCD display. Too much brightness drains much battery. Better drag an app from the market that controls display brightness.

In the end, we are culprits of using technology never meant for one, like trying to fry with a rice cooker :) - it has its explicit disadvantages. When i turned to the android and flushed my windows mobile 6.5 to the toilet i made a vow to myself that no matter how laggy it is, nor how matter how a nuisance it is to lose every data from phone resets, i would never ever throw it out of the window -LoL-

Right now Im installing everything in parsimony, choosing only whats most necessary to fit in 110MB of application data. In standby my phone can stay up for 15 hrs but using it for playing World War, I get to have it still juiced for only 3 hrs.

(by the way if your playing World War add me as your ally, im a little engrossed to it. thanks. my code is 227EG4

PH600

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks arzakem.
I don't have wifi turned on, but 3g connection is always on.
I disconected my phone from charger at 6:50 and right now (13:25) -Portuguese time- I have 65% of battery.
Is there any app that manages 2g/3g connection to only turn on 3g when really needed?
And for task manager, do you can tell me one good?

Thanks in advance.

arzakem

Feb 16, 2008
welcome. :) im not using any task manager coz they always reside in memory and uses battery. there is in fact a preinstalled app in the "rom" that disables 3g, edge and gprs. It is named APNDroid. Check it out and try if it works for you. As for disabling running apps, i turn to android's built in settings for Managing applications.

PH600

Jan 19, 2009
Hi.

I have other question:
Everytime I reboot my phone, I losse every widget, app or shortcut that I have on home screen. I always need to put them back again. Is this normal? Or do I have to do some tweaks for this?

Thanks

khairikun

Oct 11, 2008
I had tried this rom, pretty nice thank you. Everything is working well except when i used camera twice, the system cannot find the sd card? even using different app, any solution?

PH600

Jan 19, 2009
Hi.

I have other question:
Everytime I reboot my phone, I losse every widget, app or shortcut that I have on home screen. I always need to put them back again. Is this normal? Or do I have to do some tweaks for this?

Thanks

More...
I cannot connect polaris to my laptop running Win 7 64bits. I already installed usb drivers for android, but everytime I plug the usb cable to the phone, on the phone says usb connected, ask me is I want to turn usb storage on, I say Yes, but nothing appends. I already turn on anf off USB debbuging and still the same.
When debugging is on, sd cards gets unmounted, but then after take off usb cable, it gets mounted, I see him on Astro, but on camera says No sd Card

Please help me.

Thanks

thivi

Jul 13, 2008
Lamentin
I've installed this on the old Polaris of my wife yesterday, and it's near perfect !

I had problems to install, because install-seq.sh was corrupt, I had to create a new one with Atools.

Everything working great, except Angry Birds closes at the beginning, and battery charge is always 100%.

Big thanks to l1q1d and arzakem.

levaimiklos

Aug 21, 2009
So far the best build since I tried the firs one about half year ago.
Stable, fast, nice. Recommended!
Thank you!

yokishadow

Dec 2, 2008
After flash this rom, everything look fine. I'm use gparted to make partition with my sd have ext.2 & swap, and use apps 2 sd enabler to install the apps to sd. But, all apps seems can't open. Can any one can help? Thanks!

C

cobydicksth

works fine on my xda orbit2. but is there an easy way to get a german (or eu) version of the same androidinstall.tar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not-so-Super Froyo was my best rom build but too much crashes and app forecloses inched me closer to bringing back Windows Mobile. After a while of experimentations I think I found my best combo ever ---- l1q1d's 2.6.25 kernel and casacristo Valentine ROM. Thanks!!!

My screenshots. Not the default appearance though.
    snapshotob.png
    snapshot1cl.png

Here's my setup for NAND Installation: (Download all 4 files)

a. casacristo's VALENTINE ROM build (extract androidinstall.tar from the downloaded file using winrar or any rar decompression program)
    http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

b. l1q1d's 2.6.25 kernel POLAIMG.NBH
    c. install-seq.sh
    d. You might need to flash the kernel with this file CustomRUU.exe
    (See Attached file for download links below)

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
    The NAND installation doesn't work in automated mode. You have to enter the
    Android BOOT Menu mode and install from there. Resetting the phone also will not work. You have to enter the Boot Menu and press Exit. OR you can rename the file install-seq.sh to anything so reboot works automatically.

Try these STEPS for installing Android on your Polaris NAND:
    IF YOU ARE NEW TO MODDING ANDROID ON YOUR POLARIS I SUGGEST TRYING l1q1d's TUTORIALS FIRST. I suggest you have newer bootloader and radio. Im not responsible for what you do with your phone anyway. :eek:

1. Create a folder named Andboot on your SD card and copy the 2 files androidinstall.tar and install-seq.sh inside the folder.
    2. Insert your SDCard on your Polaris.
    3. Go to Bootloader Mode by pressing RESET once while pressing down the Camera button.
    4. Once the 3-color Bootscreen comes out, connect your Polaris to your Computer thru the USB cable and check that the screen says "USB" and not "SERIAL" anymore.
    5. Put CustomRUU.exe and POLAIMG.NBH together inside any folder and RUN CustomRUU.exe. Follow the instructions on screen. When the format is over your phone will reset and Android installation begins.
    6. HOLD PRESS the Volume UP button until the installation texts roll on the screen and you come into the Android Boot Menu. IF YOU DONT, then RESET the phone and do it again.
    7. Choose the menu "Install System" and let Android install for a while.
    8. Installation finished. Choose Exit and let Android roll. Congratulations.

WHAT'S WORKING?
    I tried the following...
    Camera, WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, Removable Disk Mode in USB works when connecting USB while logging in to Windows, ... Battery is more accurate.

WHAT's NOT WORKING?
    VideoCamera... dont ever try it freezes; Install to SD...nope!

WHAT's NEW?
    New Market, New Battery Image, No frequent forecloses, lesser resets

WHAT's IN?
    Comes installed with GOLauncherEX (I preferred LauncherPro), SwiFTP, APNdroid, and more.

I recommend the following apps (tried and tested):
    *Contapps for Contacts (syncs with FB, Twitter to name a few)
    *ChompSMS for Messaging
    *LauncherPro for Launcher
    *Friendcaster for Facebook
    *QuickPic for Gallery
    *FileExpert for File Navigation
    *GPS Essentials
    *KS Uninstaller
    *Easy Installer
    *ClockQ
    *Tubemate
    Instalation all ok. (is very easy)
    Run fast, estable, the camera works (the only in all roms android i used).
    The battery spend in a day at least the percentage is correct.
    Perfect job.
    I got the same problem, can you explain how to fix it. Thx!

When you boot it,you should hold pressing the volume up button. You'll find that you are in Boot Menu. Press "Quit". Then it'll be fine.
    thanks for your nice work...

camera doesnt work as you said.

wifi doesnt work sometimes, but fine.

and very important for me:

How can i add another languages?

Dutch and Turkish?

Please let me know...

add also arabic laguage ...
    How can i add another languages?

try app "MoreLocale 2"

I have problem with headphones. When i connect headphones, sound still played from speaker.