Higher capacity battery

Search This thread

MauriF

Nov 4, 2010
Would be cool if they made a higher capacity that has the battery and back cover all in one

Like this

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites...b_550_htc-thundertbolt-extended-battery-1.JPG

For the mini pro.

It would also make the phone even thicker :(

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App

In the mini there is a little more "space avaiable" in order to add a couple of Ah ^^ :

DSC_0001.jpg

It's not much, but more or less It's the volume for 200-300 mAh ...need only a "specific" Li-po battery and new back cover without reinforces.

PS: sorry for bad english

Last edited:

jonnygee555

Aug 23, 2011
Brighton
I wonder why they didnt remove them plastic blades and made the battery slightly curved.

removing them plastic bits is the easy part, finding a battery that fits perfectly is the problem

ive been looking through my old phones to see if any of there batterys would fit, none of them do though :(

Last edited:

MauriF

Nov 4, 2010
I wonder why they didnt remove them plastic blades and made the battery slightly curved.

removing them plastic bits is the easy part, finding a battery that fits perfectly is the problem

ive been looking through my old phones to see if any of there batterys would fit, none of them do though :(

For a Li-po battery the problem of the "shape" is the last one...
The first problem is that STANDARD=ECONOMIC...instead NOT-STANDARD=EXPENSIVE.

But SE could sell improved (shape) battery + bladeless back cover at least as an accessory! A lot of users will buy a kit like this!

The problem of the battery is just the volume...nowaday the last battery tecnology is Li-po.
There is no other way to increase battery capacity then to increase volume of the battery itself.
The limit is the volume avaiable.

We need Li-Sulfide batteries!! ^^

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
Just ordered One as its pretty cheap and the seller looks halfway serious.

Dec 13, 2008
Just ordered One as its pretty cheap and the seller looks halfway serious.

Have you ordered the 1600MAH battery from the above link?

Please could you post your findings as to whether?

1. Is it actually 1600MAH?
2. Does it fit the Xperia Mini Pro without any mods?
3. Does it increase the battery performance?

Thanks,

happyBOY78

Jul 24, 2010
Trutnov
www.xperia.cz

Thanks,

Hello,
i buy this battery, today come to my home with Singapure stamp on envelope :)
I charge it to full capacity, next my friend measure it with profesional electrican equipmnet and real values are better, then i expect (and described in eshop)
Values are: 4,16V and 1730mAh
Size is the same as original.
And perfomance...i see after few days or weeks.
So, for me is this battery good deal :)

Last edited:

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
I got a "Dhl" notification that i recieved a package but they couldn't deliver it as I was Not there. So will Check today, hope it is the battery :D
Stay tuned will tell you soon.

Best regards

Edit: sry wasn't the battery :(

Last edited:

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
Battery reveiced

Hello guys,

today I finally received my battery. First questions how do I verify if the 1600mah are real or just a bluff? Is there any application that shows you the mah of the battery inserted?

I will tell you in the next few days if the battery life has improved or not.

I am using a sk17i aka Mango.

happyBOY78

Jul 24, 2010
Trutnov
www.xperia.cz
First questions how do I verify if the 1600mah are real or just a bluff? Is there any application that shows you the mah of the battery inserted?

I check capacity with Voltmeter and Ampermeter (i don´t know right english words for this), it is electrician equipment. Some apps (f.e. battery wigdets etc), have this functionality, but i am sceptic for this real values showed by this apps.

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
Hey so i checked the mah through the sony ericsson system menu.
Here is what it says:
1200mah

Guess its no real improvement but i haven't charged it yet though as it was charged on 59%. I will tell you after a few battery-life circles if it is any good.
At least it is a cheap alternative for the stock battery :D

Attachments

• screenshot_2011-11-01_1741.png
    screenshot_2011-11-01_1741.png
    43 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

ionutph

Oct 29, 2010
probably the service menu don't have a method for direct estimation of battery capacity, and I think there is no such thing possible, to read the status from battery, directly. Could be possible that after a few full charge - full discharge cycles, and if the system is monitoring the power consumption, the indicated capacity could increase.

It is also known that new batteries will not have the full capacity from beginning, and it will increase after a few charges and sometimes, on some phones, could take longer before the battery will have full capacity, as reported by some phones users.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally made the battery test: stock SE EP500 1200 vs Deji 1800.
    Booth batteries were completely discharged and fully charged before the test. The test was to run the Neocore benchmark in loop mode (interactive in menu) with airplane mode, disabled auto-brightness/lightsensor , screen always on with fixed brightness at 50%.

The Deji 1800 lasted about 7% longer than original battery. 1200+7% = 1285, not 1800 but probably good for a cheap Chinese battery. Tehnicaly it's imposible to have much bigger capacity in the same battery volume.

I don't remember how many charge cycles has(fewer than the stock battery) , but after few more could last even better.
    Stop, don't buy the 'gold' battery from that seller!
    The capacities are fake, I got ripped off myself, the batteries are just normal capacity clones. Look carefully at the negative feedback.
    This is the stock battery, EP500 Li-Polymer 1200mAh

Code:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/ep500

No memory effect, can charge anytime, full charge obtained on around 3 hours via PC USB port.

Compatibility : Vivaz, Vivaz pro, Xperia mini/pro, Xperia X8

This is the best choice I can find on an alternative battery, claimed to be 2430mAh.

Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/130561150352

Double the capacity, which I believe should at least provide more juice. Planning to buy, but I suppose since most phones we have are new, we better see what the fully optimal EP500 can do first.

Any other choice and experiences, let us know.

---
    UPDATE : Based on feedbacks of that battery brand, its highly possible that higher capacity battery is not really accurate. There is no direct feedback on the EP500 replica model though, that remains to be found out. In my opinion, for best case, its high chance its just like the stock battery performance.
    ---

For my personal use, I bought an Energizer AP650.

ports.jpg

Energizer AP650MC Output : DC5V--700mA

On AP650 fully charged (charging LED off) plugged on an off SK17i (died to lack of batt), it will take around 25 mins to drain the AP650 into the SK17i while its turned on, standby idle.

SK17i was able to get 28% charge. From this data, I can say the AP650 can charge the SK17i at the rate of 1% per minute for max of 28 minutes. This means the whole charge of the AP650 can bump the standby (idle) time for at least 12 hours.

I will add more data when I find something of value. Will take actual picture with the phone also.

update: i changed phone already, went back to xperia arc but still sometimes use the energizer.
    I bought this battery and have tested it for weeks now

GOLD 2430MAH HIGH CAPACITY <-- Search on ebay

My review:

* Its not 2400mah

* Looks good and seems well made

* Doesnt heat any more than the stock battery

* After 3 weeks usage and full charge cycles, real battery stabilized @ around 1600mah

Final Review
    Its not as advertised but it beats the stock battery, i must warn tough that its very variable, i bought one for my girlfriend and hers is only marginally better than the stock battery, i guess quality control is lacking and its up to luck to get a decent one :s

Thanks,

Hello,
    i buy this battery, today come to my home with Singapure stamp on envelope :)
    I charge it to full capacity, next my friend measure it with profesional electrican equipmnet and real values are better, then i expect (and described in eshop)
    Values are: 4,16V and 1730mAh
    Size is the same as original.
    And perfomance...i see after few days or weeks.
    So, for me is this battery good deal :)