Power button

Search This thread

rs3freak

Apr 26, 2012
New York
Anybody having problems with their power button....cuz I think my button is going bad and idk what to do

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

bravomail

Jan 12, 2011
Detroit
send it to mobiletechvideos.com - they will fix it.
Or flash SearchAsPowerButton MOD along with Volume wake ROM - my ROM ICS supports it.

sinizter

Jan 2, 2011
Wondering if anybody knows any places in Canada (GTA) where they might replace these? Sending it in to the states is a little expensive when considering shipping. =(

Sun0fNothing

Oct 22, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah I have some issues with mine. It'll sometimes not lock the phone and it'll register as being held down instead. It's not too serious for me, though.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

pradeep7986

Jul 9, 2012
Use the volume button to unlock the phone. I am doing the same.

Jose0726

Dec 30, 2011
P.R
My power button is dead. Im still able to get into revovery by randomly presing vol up down. Is there any search buton as power mod for hellybean rom?

malbolgias

Mar 30, 2011
My power button is dead. Im still able to get into revovery by randomly presing vol up down. Is there any search buton as power mod for hellybean rom?

Just open up your phone and clean the dip switch with some rubbing alcohol, not to much but do it a couple of times. Make sure to let it dry before you turn it back on.

This fixed mine.

Reactions: jetpuck73

dali007

Oct 1, 2010
Chattanooga
Just open up your phone and clean the dip switch with some rubbing alcohol, not to much but do it a couple of times. Make sure to let it dry before you turn it back on.

This fixed mine.

That worked for me as well. When I bought my phone, the power button was so sensitive that even the slightest amount of pressure on it would cause it to boot or turn the screen off. I was going to return the phone, but a few minutes work with alcohol and a Q-tip saved me the hassle.

master2828

Jul 24, 2012
Cleaning my button worked for me, but that was 3 months ago and now its back to not working. Worst part is that my volume buttons arent feeling to healthy either! Hopefully it holds on until upgrade time .

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
Don't be a p**** take your phone apart dab your button with some electronics cleaner and press the button a few hundred times and repeat and then put it back together.

masok

Jun 5, 2012
If you guys are going to be opening the phone again at some point, it would be a great idea to take a couple of picture.

I think that my cappy is about to have the same issue (sometimes it doesn't recognize the power button) and it would be nice to have some king of guide to do the cleaning.

Shortelz

Jul 24, 2011
Try to clean around and inside or open it up and clean the power button, if that doesn't work you should just get a new phone. The captivate is already really old

brezulja

Jan 27, 2012
Just use the rom that have option to wake the phone up by the volume rocker buttons. Also make sure to get screen off app to lock the phone up.

ManaSV93

Jul 31, 2013
I opened my cappy and cleaned the button with contact cleaner, and now it works like new.

Bane99

Oct 20, 2009
Try to clean around and inside or open it up and clean the power button, if that doesn't work you should just get a new phone. The captivate is already really old

Hey now, some of us still like to keep our phones maintained until we do get a new phone :p
Or.... can't afford a new phone every 2 years... 199.99 isn't cheap :p (or 700 for unlocked and off contract)

Last edited:

harsharjeria

Apr 13, 2012
Gwalior
Just Send It To Me

Its My Guaranty I Will Repair it And Will Send It Back For 10$(Shipping Excluded)(Return Shipping Free[ONLY INDIA]):good:

Top Liked Posts