[DEVS][MOD] Adding SMS Tasks to native MMS.apk

Search This thread

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
hello fellow XDA-Developers alike, i have been neglecting the development of my app SMS Tasks, found in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354884

and i have not made a build for it in september so i decided to make it open-sourced for all to use in the native MMS.apk (CM 11.0/Android 4.4)

I POSTED IN ROM DEVELOPMENTS AS ITS FOR A ROMS NATIVE MMS.apk FROM ROM SOURCE ;) i dont want any to think "wrong section" ok :p

i have made an easy commit to my friends rom Dirty Unicorns gerrit, and is free to use for cherry-picking to your native MMS.apk or as rom developers know it as android_packages_apps_MMS ;) it works exactly the same as my app in the thread stated above, only a few un-needed features were removed, and a few things added/changed:

the changes were:
-made it all in one menu;
-checkbox to enable is in settings of MMS/Messaging
-a few String wording Changes

additions are:
- a how-to-use menu that syncs with everyones apps (DO NOT REMOVE/CHANGE PLEASE AS ITS NEEDED FOROTHERS TO KNOW HOW TO USE) its the only thing i dont want changed or removed, other then that feel free to change things but the SMS Tasks app/activity name ;)
- few fixes for 4.4.* support (like data toggle being incompatible to all 4.4.* due to exploit being blocked)
- Few command changes/fixes

removals are:
-some commands
-ads menu;
-extra menu codes (obviously)
-unworking code+relaced with fresher working code

**NOTE**
this has only been tested on Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 Rom, and is implemented/merged so it all works fine with it, but some changes might need to be made to work with earlier android versions
**/NOTE**

heres the gerrit listing, feel free to cherry-pick as i got permission earlier from @Mazda to use this gerrit post from Dirty Unicorns, even if i was the one to contribute it ( Joshua Kittle ) lol

http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/c/2110/

Have fun, and stay dirty my friends =)