Stock 4.4 KitKat - discussion here

Search This thread

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Yes, I am actually working on something else now but I think I have figured out the issue, just need some time.

Wich issue? Only bug I see is auto correct bar above keyboard

Im having trouble getting root also

I used cf autoroot and flashed su. Still forceclose

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Ok finally got root. Idk hoe supersu stopped force closing but I got it then installed busybox. All is well now.

Time to work on keyboard bug

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Wich issue? Only bug I see is auto correct bar above keyboard

Im having trouble getting root also

I used cf autoroot and flashed su. Still forceclose

I had no issues after CF autoroot, For keyboard I noticed there were no symbols but I got them back by copying features.xml file from previous build. "/system/csc/features.xml"

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
I had no issues after CF autoroot, For keyboard I noticed there were no symbols but I got them back by copying features.xml file from previous build. "/system/csc/features.xml"

Can u post that? I just left my house and dont have another rom on my phone lol

Thanks bro

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Nvm I got the auto correct fixed. Forgot to download the laungage hahaha

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Can u post that? I just left my house and dont have another rom on my phone lol

Thanks bro

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Nvm I got the auto correct fixed. Forgot to download the laungage hahaha

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc73t5c3czgj3yi/KK_4.4.2_N7105.zip

Anyone else downloading this, please note: This is a test build and is not final, you will have to manually root it using CF autroot.
Firstboot may show an error simply reboot.

Please backup your data before flashing, I am still working on another build which if worked I will post.

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Used cf autoroot and no go.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Same with me.
What I did was..

Use cf auto root in odin
Use odin to flash twrp
Boot into twrp and flash supersu
Now su will FC on me..

I downloaded busybox dont install yet

Then download super user (the one from aosp roms) from play store and open it

Now go back and try to open the regular su. Once it opens..then install busybox

grose65

Feb 2, 2011
york
Do you have a flash able Su zip?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Found it sorry.

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
Flashed this but can't turn on wifi now

you're going to need a 4.3 bootloader. use dr ketan's or get the bootloader from our official firmware for our variant and it should work.

from the consensus i'm getting there's still some issues on 4.4 for those that don't have the 4.3 bootloader. waiting till 4.4 is out for our devices. most likely will go to 4.4.3 if anything

Reactions: one80oneday

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
you're going to need a 4.3 bootloader. use dr ketan's or get the bootloader from our official firmware for our variant and it should work.

from the consensus i'm getting there's still some issues on 4.4 for those that don't have the 4.3 bootloader. waiting till 4.4 is out for our devices. most likely will go to 4.4.3 if anything
Got WiFi but now I can't root. Tried Odin, zip, twrp, philz... Been trying for hours but no luck, any ideas?

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Got WiFi but now I can't root. Tried Odin, zip, twrp, philz... Been trying for hours but no luck, any ideas?

Flash CFROOT via PC ODIN, then after reboot, uninstall SuperSU and then reboot.
SuperSu should be back, I know it sounds strange but it worked for me just by doing that.

The ROM I uploaded is pre-rooted but I think permissions for some files are incorrect which is why SuperSU is not working and you have to flash it manually. If I get some time in the next few days, I will verify the file permissions, fix them and then create a flashable zip, or maybe eZdubzitmk4 will upload before I do ;).

The one is uploaded is very stock 4.4.2 (N7105) pre-rooted ROM, KitKat is a bit different which is why root is not working out of the box. I have been running this ROM on my phone from last two days and so far everything is working fine.

Reactions: one80oneday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will have my version posted today. I got it working just need to add some stuff
    ok.
    amy2uzuj.jpg

Sure,
    As of now testing for issues, for some reason root did not work for me and I had to flash CFroot via ODIN to get it back.
    Need more testing, 4.4 structure is different so maybe I am missing something.

I simply extracted the tar,md5 file then extracted the system image, manually injected root, removed Knox, few Yahoo apps and then placed it in Kitchen working folder. The only reason I used Kitchen is to zipalign and sign the file and that too coz I am just being lazy to do it manually. I used my own updater script.
    I have a rooted version. Will dump it and upload tonight or in the morning
    My sources say your sources don't know diddly.