Car dock with pogo

Search This thread

Kamran224

Jun 8, 2012
I need a car dock for my shiny new HTC One XL. I was thinking about getting the iBolt car dock but should I wait until someone released a car dock that uses pogo? Will this ever happen?

Thanks.

tizzie

May 1, 2012
Texas
Pogo? most likely not because pogo's are for people to use and jump around with.

Kidding aside, there will be one coming out. And as a matter of fact check htcpedia and the international one has it (except its not released yet).

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
If you aren't in a rush then I would wait for one that uses the POGO pins. Given it will cost more probably but it will be less wear on your charging port.

ItWasLuck3

Jul 21, 2012
Not to like throw out something crazy, but do the pogo pins act as just a typical USB port? Charging and all? I have a double din headunit size, and I replaced it with a single din unit plus one of those empty trays. It's the perfect size for a my HOX slide all the way back. I was considering buying pogo pins, then using a little manufacturing, have some holes cut in the tray where my HOX would line up, then put a rail on the side so it stays in place. So then when I was in my car, I could just drop my device into said tray, get charing and audio right there. Kinda hard to visualize just from text, but it's a cool idea I promise.

Far out there, but I think I'd save a few bucks. My only problem is that 99% of stereo head units don't have a connection protocol for Android devices as opposed to iPods, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my One X, but I still use the dock in my car for my iPhone 4, simply because it's easier.