[Q] Is your atrix unlocked? if so how did you do it?

Search This thread

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
I want to unlock my atrix hd (at&t) to a different carrier,is yours unlocked? if so how did you do it? unlock code? some other method without using unlock code? how much did you buy the unlock code for? o;

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You have to buy a code as there is no way to unlock the AHD for free. In order to enter the code, you need to be on a pure stock or close-to-pure stock rom in order to enter the unlock code.

If you're an AT&T customer, they may give you the code for free.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
You have to buy a code as there is no way to unlock the AHD for free. In order to enter the code, you need to be on a pure stock or close-to-pure stock rom in order to enter the unlock code.

If you're an AT&T customer, they may give you the code for free.

Ok thank you, i will probably buy an unlock code, and use stock rom,does it stay unlocked forever?

ifixgse

Nov 13, 2013
Just google your carrier and request unlock. I know At&t has an online request form to unlock the carrier . As long as you meet the requirements there is no charge for this service. Thirty minutes after submitting the request At&t sent me the unlock code. T-mobile I'd imagine would do the same.

As for your other question, I am curious too. I just reverted my phone back to stock At&t. Got to find someone with a non At&t SIM to see if my phone is still carrier unlocked. I say it is.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The phone will be unlocked forever. I have never seen or read a post where a phone became carrier locked after being unlocked by entering a code.

If you purchased a used phone, put in a non-ATT sim after reverting to a stock rom to make sure you receive a prompt to enter your network unlock code. If you are on stock and don't the prompt, the phone maybe be hard locked to ATT and there is very little an end user can do to unlock the phone.

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
bought it on ebay... better pay with then than some random website with your CC info.

bylithium

Dec 27, 2013
I will try that, feel much safer then random website that I don't know if they are safe.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app