FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
14th February 2019, 08:26 PM |#42971  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help with my phone
Hi, it's me again, i finally rooted my Energy S500E, it has an MTK6580 and mtkdroidtools dont recognize it, and i want to know how to get an recovery (like cwm or twrp) for it, if anyone can help me please.

14th February 2019, 11:52 PM |#42972  
Flag All over like street lights
Thanks Meter: 298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiNiX

Hello friends, Im back, haha. I decided to try Magisk, so I installed TWRP on new firmware and flashed a Magisk, installed Magisk Manager and now I wanted to install xposed again because OBB on SD card, I downloaded old version to be sure that I dont get bootloop and tried flashing it with manager but this is what happens when I try to install module. Pic - https://imgur.com/a/0bEiDMU

Is your system mounted in twrp
15th February 2019, 10:23 AM |#42973  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio76r

Is your system mounted in twrp

Nah not sure, most likely not, how to check?
Btw I tried reflashing over magisk again and it didnt help.
15th February 2019, 11:36 AM |#42974  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nah not sure, most likely not, how to check?
Btw I tried reflashing over magisk again and it didnt help.

When you are in twrp go to mount. In there make sure system is checked off
15th February 2019, 07:08 PM |#42975  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

When you are in twrp go to mount. In there make sure system is checked off

It is, so what's up with Magisk.
15th February 2019, 07:25 PM |#42976  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It is, so what's up with Magisk.

I you tried majisk 17.0? Yes it's older but try that then update it through the majisk Manger. Let me know if that works. I say this because I had to do this before on a H918. Weird, but it worked
16th February 2019, 06:03 AM |#42977  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:

Hello friends, Im back, haha. I decided to try Magisk, so I installed TWRP on new firmware and flashed a Magisk, installed Magisk Manager and now I wanted to install xposed again because OBB on SD card, I downloaded old version to be sure that I dont get bootloop and tried flashing it with manager but this is what happens when I try to install module. Pic - https://imgur.com/a/0bEiDMU

Now, get Xposed installed installer from up to down and install it. Then install framework from there
16th February 2019, 01:10 PM |#42978  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssssss8622

Now, get Xposed installed installer from up to down and install it. Then install framework from there

Question, is there a difference between getting it from that site vs getting it from within majisk?
16th February 2019, 01:39 PM |#42979  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,055

More
Quote:

Question, is there a difference between getting it from that site vs getting it from within majisk?

Affirmative, there's a difference. The Xposed Installer from the Magisk repo is modified to suit the Xposed Framework Magisk module, what the "original" Xposed Installer doesn't do. This means the correct Xposed Installer depends on the Framework you intend to use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 01:58 PM |#42980  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Affirmative, there's a difference. The Xposed Installer from the Magisk repo is modified to suit the Xposed Framework Magisk module, what the "original" Xposed Installer doesn't do. This means the correct Xposed Installer depends on the Framework you intend to use.

You really just taught me something. I appreciate you breaking it down to me.
17th February 2019, 02:18 PM |#42981  
I discovered an oddity months ago in /sys/fs/selinux/booleans. A Boolean there called 'device_unlocked' which is set at 'off'. You can change it by using a shell command to say 'on'. But it doesn't persist after a reboot and defaults back to 'off.' I have no idea what it does. And seems to only be present on Amazon tablets (no one in those forums has a clue either). Android doesn't support the use of booleans anymore, at least not in AOSP.

Up until today I couldn't get it to persist the 'on' variable. I have written a small script to persist the value as seen here https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8...mazon-t3865929

My question is, has anyone seen this before or have any idea what it does? What you see in the above link is just about all there is on the matter. I have a screen cap of the log I will upload when I get home. Since persisting this, I get a log entry from /proc/cmdline that pops up now and again. Some of the values do not persist.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)