06/03/13 - Software Update

Search This thread

Meskanew

Mar 23, 2013
Battery issues

Has this update improved the battery life? I am tired of not being able to last a full day. I am currently losing 5% an hour without even touching the phone.

GN2Rabbit

Dec 19, 2012
Ok. Now that I've had a chance to see the rom in action I can say there have been some improvements in battery life, data speed, data connection stabilization, and signal strength.

One big thing I noticed is I no longer have nearly as many data timeouts on apps when on EDGE or GPRS.

I'll update this as I figure out more things.

Sent from my SGH-T889

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
When I get this update notice on my rooted stock Note2, should I use OTA Rootkeeper to update and retain root? I've never updated a rooted phone running the stock recovery before.

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010
Ok. Now that I've had a chance to see the rom in action I can say there have been some improvements in battery life, data speed, data connection stabilization, and signal strength.

One big thing I noticed is I no longer have nearly as many data timeouts on apps when on EDGE or GPRS.

I'll update this as I figure out more things.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Glad to hear this. My data has been unusable on Edge.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

lawalty

May 16, 2008
Since yesterday's update, I really don't see any real change in anything. The modem's firmware may have been updated, I just don't see any "real world" or major improvments. I still get LTE with just 1 oe sometimes 2 bars next to it.

Oh well!

sent from someone who's NOT using an iPhone.

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
Okay, just updated with Mobile Oden. Upload speeds on regular 4G have almost doubled for me. I was averaging 5Mb now its 11! Now to get to Brooklyn and check LTE.

Sent from my SG Note II using XDA premium

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
I was answering their statement of "I am currently losing 5% an hour without even touching the phone."

Gotcha... Depending on the ROM and processes that are running in the background 20 hours is still good. AOSP usually less battery life.

That said it is a real trick to know you are losing 5% an hour w/o touching the phone LOL

Last edited:

sychak

Jan 19, 2011
Ive noticed a more stable data connection. Maybe not faster but stable.

My battery life jumped way up. Even with a few hours talking on the phone, some web browsing, and using the camera..I was still at 40% at the end of the day. Normally id be aroind 15% before.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

lawalty

May 16, 2008
Ive noticed a more stable data connection. Maybe not faster but stable.

My battery life jumped way up. Even with a few hours talking on the phone, some web browsing, and using the camera..I was still at 40% at the end of the day. Normally id be aroind 15% before.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Are you 4G or LTE normally?

sent from someone who's NOT using an iPhone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys need to STFU and move forward
    Hey PF,

This guy has been trolling around lately. Don't waste your time.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
    Someone has already posted a rooted flashable version of. It's in the stickies section of Android development. I installed it yesterday evening and it's working fine so far.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102380

Sent from my wickedly awesome Galaxy Note 2 using my fingers. Duh!!!

that's an entire ROM... not the 15 mb OTA.

what i mean is the small update you would download from your device - being stock. it's like a total of 15 mb
    I haven't noticed any changes. Actually my speeds went down a few mbs, from 12 to 7....so not sure what is going on.

Notice absolutely no difference I battery life.

Fancy pants Note ||:)
    When I get this update notice on my rooted stock Note2, should I use OTA Rootkeeper to update and retain root? I've never updated a rooted phone running the stock recovery before.

That's one way, yes. OTA Rootkeeper can't root a device for you but it can retain root after updating.