[DISCUSSION][GUIDE][S4] Liberty MAX - Innovation is Here | Flashing Instructions

Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013
This is a general discussion thread for Liberty ROM
Please ask any question you may have and I'll try to answer it as best I can.

Somebody asked for instructions on how to install Liberty ROM and New Firmware so here they are:

Installation of leaked firmware (HBOOT 2.16) and Liberty ROM

WARNING - This WILL wipe your SD Card so back up your files before proceeding
Make sure HTC Sync is REMOVED and drivers are installed. Get drivers: Here

Charge your phone to AT LEAST 60% just in case

1. If you are S-OFF proceed to step 3, if not continue to step 2.
  2. If your phone is from T-Mobile (US & Germany), Telus or Boost Mobile use Moonshine S-OFF
    If you have the international model use: Facepalm S-OFF, Firewater S-OFF or Rumrunner S-OFF (Rumrunner is the easiest in my opinion)
    Note that people with the T-Mobile, Telus or BM model CAN use Facepalm, Firewater and Rumrunner as well but international users CANNOT use Moonshine
    Now use one of these methods to S-OFF (You cannot proceed if you are S-ON)
  3. Now download the new firmware: Here
  4. Extract the file to a convenient location (Like Desktop)
  5. Open the Install Package folder, press the Shift key, Right-Click while holding Shift and select Open Command Window Here
  6. If your phone is on type:
    Code:
    adb reboot oem-78
    and hit enter

If you are in the bootloader, select Fastboot and type:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    and hit enter
  7. Now type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    and hit enter
  8. You should get a message like this: "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)". Do not panic just type the command above again.
  9. The green bar on the screen should stop at about 80-90% but do not worry, this is normal.
  10. Now to flash the required recovery type this:
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip TWRP_2.6.1.0_ville_4.2.2.zip
    and hit enter.
  11. Now reboot into the bootloader by typing:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    and hit enter.
  12. Once in the bootloader select Recovery
  13. When you are in recovery go to Advanced then ADB Sideload
  14. Now you download the ROM: Here. (Latest release is V3)
  15. Now place LIBERTY-S4-Vx.zip into the Install Package folder (The x represents version number, e.g V4
  16. Now open a new command window by holding Shift and Right-Click at the same time and selecting Open Command Window Here
  17. Next you must type:
    Code:
    adb sideload LIBERTY-S4-V3.zip
    and hit enter.
  18. Make sure the screen is on when the sideload is almost 100% complete as TWRP freezes for some reason.
  19. Now follow the instructions in the installer, make sure you select Wipe Data during installation and Reboot when the installation process is finished.
  20. Finished :)

Last edited:

Buembel

Nov 13, 2008
Could you maybe post more detailed installation instructions? Do we have to be S-OFF? Should we full wipe before installing?

mizutany1996

Nov 2, 2013
v3 isnt boot ..
im in hboot 2.16 and soff.
I flash boot_2.16.img and the boot file of v2 again in fastboot and nothing changed

but in v2 it boot like a charm

help

Jeeza

Dec 28, 2011
Padova
What are the advantages of sense 5.5 coming from Maximus hd?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

tuesdaydev

Aug 12, 2011
What are the advantages of sense 5.5 coming from Maximus hd?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

If I remember correctly in sense 5.5 you can use blinkfeed to reed RSS news instead of only a few selected sources!!

But I haven't used the rom yet so I'm not sure, someone should confirm

Hiken_Ace

Nov 19, 2011
Kiev

Somebody asked for instructions on how to install Liberty ROM and New Firmware so here they are:

2. If your phone is from T-Mobile (US & Germany), Telus or Boost Mobile use Moonshine S-OFF
    If you have the international model use: Facepalm S-OFF, Firewater S-OFF or Rumrunner S-OFF (Rumrunner is the easiest in my opinion)
    Note that people with the T-Mobile, Telus or BM model CAN use Facepalm, Firewater and Rumrunner as well but international users CANNOT use Moonshine
  5. Open the Install Package folder, press the Shift key, Right-Click while holding Shift and select Open Command Window Here
    Code:
    adb reboot oem-78
    and hit enter

Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    and hit enter
  7. Now type:
    Code:
    and hit enter
  8. You should get a message like this: "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)". Do not panic just type the command above again.
  9. The green bar on the screen should stop at about 80-90% but do not worry, this is normal.
    Code:
    and hit enter.
    Code:
    and hit enter.
  15. Now place LIBERTY-S4-Vx.zip into the Install Package folder (The x represents version number, e.g V4
  16. Now open a new command window by holding Shift and Right-Click at the same time and selecting Open Command Window Here
  17. Next you must type:
    Code:
    and hit enter.
  18. Make sure the screen is on when the sideload is almost 100% complete as TWRP freezes for some reason.
  19. Now follow the instructions in the installer, make sure you select Wipe Data during installation and Reboot when the installation process is finished.

i tried to achieve S-Off with Rumrunner , said ERROR : your are not rooted , although i unlocked my bootloader ! and it says in the prereq : unlocked bootloader OR rooted , not both ... what to do now ? help anybody ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I personally don't like liberty or viper Rom, they just mess up my phone. I request to the dev please stop waisting time. We don't want anymore Roms. Thanks

Hey man!

Why don't u stop wasting time on posting this crap here :mad:
    I personally don't like liberty or viper Rom, they just mess up my phone. I request to the dev please stop waisting time. We don't want anymore Roms. Thanks

Guy, what's going wrong with you? A custom Rom is the best thing that could happen to our phone! And why do they mess up your phone?
    I'm so glad that there aren't many people like you. What would we do then, without good, new custom roms?
    And why do you post this exactly here?

Code:
      adb reboot oem-78
      and hit enter

Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      and hit enter
    7. Now type:
      Code:
      and hit enter
      Code:
      and hit enter.
      Code:
      and hit enter.
    17. Next you must type:
      Code:
      and hit enter.
    What differences from a 4.2.2 rom? Better smoothness? Someone try it?

so far version 4 is slightly less laggier than v3 but not smooth enough yet and sense 5.5 has new blinkfeed features and some interface tweaks in various apps
    max

hey folks !! just wondering is this ROM stable and good for daily use ?? is there any known bugs or stutter lags ?? and most importantly .. is it smooth ?

i'm currently on Maximus HD 10.1 feeling like flashing this .. need advice , thanx in advance !

i can confirm that this rom is stable and can be used as daily driver enjoy ,
    and don't forget xposed mods will add a lot of tweaks as well