[Aug 7th] Investigation of battery capacity claims. EVO AMZER serious ripoff everyone

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 308374

guys I now it's a stupid question...but please help me if you have time to!! :)
I've been googling for about 3 hours now.. where to get the 2150mah + battery door for my ITALIAN (so, GSM, NOT CDMA) touch pro2 (RHOD100)??
I only find back covers for t-mobile, verizon, at&t...don't know which one fits my phone. :( it's a very confusing situation...
Is there any official htc store where to buy it?

TIA to everybody :)

edit: just FYI, italian TP2 does NOT have the 3.5mm heaphone jack, and does NOT have the PTT button either

Last edited by a moderator:

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
guys I now it's a stupid question...but please help me if you have time to!! :)
I've been googling for about 3 hours now.. where to get the 2150mah + battery door for my ITALIAN (so, GSM, NOT CDMA) touch pro2 (RHOD100)??
I only find back covers for t-mobile, verizon, at&t...don't know which one fits my phone. :( it's a very confusing situation...
Is there any official htc store where to buy it?

TIA to everybody :)

edit: just FYI, italian TP2 does NOT have the 3.5mm heaphone jack, and does NOT have the PTT button either

Did you actually find a cover for the T-Mobile version? Could you provide a link?

D

Deleted member 308374

I mostly found At&t or sprint version, but I don't know if they are compatible with t-mobile... :( it's too messy, I don't understand which one is good for me!
have a look with google, it's easy to find many f this back doors. if I only knew which one is good for me...

EDIT: here's an extended battery + cover for T-Mobile:

Code:
 www.thinktouchpro2.com

Last edited by a moderator:

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
I mostly found At&t or sprint version, but I don't know if they are compatible with t-mobile... :( it's too messy, I don't understand which one is good for me!
have a look with google, it's easy to find many f this back doors. if I only knew which one is good for me...

EDIT: here's an extended battery + cover for T-Mobile:

Code:
 www.thinktouchpro2.com

That is the $80 Mugen battery, according the the first couple of posts, it is actually about 2400 ma. I suspect they welded a couple of 1100 together. Anyway, out of my price range. Also, that is one thick phone cover!

D

Deleted member 308374

I'm sorry Sir, I didn't check T-mobile-related products and tests (I use an italian -so it should be gsm- TP2) :(
still, it looks like this extended 2150mAh battery isn't made for Euro users... ;(

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
I'm sorry Sir, I didn't check T-mobile-related products and tests (I use an italian -so it should be gsm- TP2) :(
still, it looks like this extended 2150mAh battery isn't made for Euro users... ;(

I think it might fit, do you have a PTT button? Otherwise, I imagine it would fit under one of the large rear covers sold on ebay.

The US T-Mobile version won't work because for some idiotic reason, only that particular model (Rhodium 210) has a small back cover - all other TP 2 have a cover that extends all the way down around the phone. The T-Mobile cover only snaps on top of the rear.

The US T-Mobile also has a different front screen - it extends out to the edge of the phone, whereas the other versions bevel the edges.

computhug

Feb 9, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Someone emailed me saying that TP2 batteries, and maybe Droid Eris batteries too, fit in the Verizon Incredible which according to wikipedia comes with a 1300mAh battery, versus 1500 for TP2s.

Can anyone confirm that? Along with any other devices that may be able to take stock-sized batteries for either the N1 or TP2? Need to mention this on batteryboss.

Thanks..

I can confirm that the new EVO 4G uses the same standard OEM battery as the Touch Pro 2 (1500 mAh, model RHOD160). Only diff is it's red instead of black.

LOL, so my $599 TP2 gets a new lease on life as a battery charger and I've got a spare for the new phone, at least until I can get a buyer on Craigslist for it.

D

Deleted member 308374

I think it might fit, do you have a PTT button? Otherwise, I imagine it would fit under one of the large rear covers sold on ebay.

The US T-Mobile version won't work because for some idiotic reason, only that particular model (Rhodium 210) has a small back cover - all other TP 2 have a cover that extends all the way down around the phone. The T-Mobile cover only snaps on top of the rear.

The US T-Mobile also has a different front screen - it extends out to the edge of the phone, whereas the other versions bevel the edges.

no ptt button here on RHOD100 T7373 :(

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
expanding to Hero and Incredible

Turns out that batteries for both the Hero and the Incredible fit in a TP2. Just ran a Hero no name rated at 3200mAh, scored poorly; doing the second test now.

Last edited:

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Y0 Doug, hit me up when it's been 6 months since the last time you tested my 2150. I'll send it back to see what kind of wear 6 months of heavy use does to it and whether or not it's worth it to procure another one. Not upgrading the TP2 until there's a slider QWERTY HTC with a tilting screen and Snapdragon that 6.5 (21xxx) will work on. It's going to be a while until WinMo 7 has enough software available to pirate on the scene, so until then I'm going to keep rockin' the pirate special.

Telek

Aug 16, 2009
Y0 Doug, hit me up when it's been 6 months since the last time you tested my 2150. I'll send it back to see what kind of wear 6 months of heavy use does to it and whether or not it's worth it to procure another one. Not upgrading the TP2 until there's a slider QWERTY HTC with a tilting screen and Snapdragon that 6.5 (21xxx) will work on. It's going to be a while until WinMo 7 has enough software available to pirate on the scene, so until then I'm going to keep rockin' the pirate special.

Yeah MS really screwed the pooch on WinPhone7. No multitasking anymore and they even removed copy/paste to make the UI "simpler".

Nuts to that. Android will probably be on my next cellphone.

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
seller turned to the dark side

I've received two complaints that the ebay seller for the TP2 OEM 1500mAh which performed well for me sold them used/DOA batteries. If any of you bought the battery from this guy too and are at all suspicious that it isn't legit please let me know. This may not have been just two innocent mistakes, and if that's the case I want to shut him down and to do that I need your help.

To any of you who got screwed, I'm sorry. This sucks.

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
ISO standalone charger -- stat!

Can anyone find a link for a standalone charger made or sold by HTC? Need to give my ol' lady the phone and I'd rather not fry my N1 by trying to wire the contacts up to charge TP2-sized batters. Got a fuze but it only has three pins.

Must be OEM, cannot use cheapo third parties as they may not work the same as something sanctioned by HTC, gotta use the same methods and so on for all the batteries. Gotta have those four pins.

Thanks..

Telek

Aug 16, 2009
Can anyone find a link for a standalone charger made or sold by HTC? Need to give my ol' lady the phone and I'd rather not fry my N1 by trying to wire the contacts up to charge TP2-sized batters. Got a fuze but it only has three pins.

Must be OEM, cannot use cheapo third parties as they may not work the same as something sanctioned by HTC, gotta use the same methods and so on for all the batteries. Gotta have those four pins.

Thanks..

3 pins are all that is needed even for a proper charge - I'm not even sure what the 4th pin is but it's likely just another ground. Considering that most 3rd party chargers only use 2 pins you're probably safe with one that (actually) uses 3.

I haven't heard of any HTC charger, but really a 3rd party charger will work just as well (even based off of the tests that you've done, no?)

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles

Thanks..

I got an inexpensive one off ebay and it works fine.

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Battery info!!

can anyone give any input about the Amzer 1800mah slim battery for the EVO?? I'd like to buy an extended battery for it that fits perfectly but dont know which ones good?? I was looking at the Seidio 1750mah and the Amzer one... anyone please?? Does anyone even have the Amzer one??

Here's the link to the Amzer one..

http://store.cheapdroids.com/Amzer-1800-mAh-Lithium-Ion-Standard-Battery-evo.html

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
can anyone give any input about the Amzer 1800mah slim battery for the EVO?? I'd like to buy an extended battery for it that fits perfectly but dont know which ones good?? I was looking at the Seidio 1750mah and the Amzer one... anyone please?? Does anyone even have the Amzer one??

Here's the link to the Amzer one..

http://store.cheapdroids.com/Amzer-1800-mAh-Lithium-Ion-Standard-Battery-evo.html

You're not the only one who wants me to run that Amzer battery. But you'd be the first to step up and offer to buy it to be sent to me first to test after which I'd fedex it straight to you, if you're interested. Interested?

jpwjpw123

Jun 30, 2008
I was read you statement here

My Question which type of TP2 battery that suitable for HTC Desire? can you give me the Right TP2 Product URL? so I can get it one?

I think that is a mistake, the battery looks a different size and the contacts are at the top, not at the side.

The N1 and Desire batteries ARE the same however...