List of All Full-Body Skin Protectors!

My favorite device skin protector company is:

• Total voters
Search This thread

liquidapples

Oct 10, 2007
Clear-Coat Scratch Protection

What about Clear-Coat? clear-coat.com

$24.99 for the Nexus One - 25% coupon code 'nexus' is good until tomorrow too!

dashed

Jun 4, 2008
I put the phantom skinz on my Nexus on friday and it looks perfect. I will try to get some pics up if I can find a good camera.

cj2185

Feb 21, 2008
I ordered the special from phantom skinz. 2 sets for $15 shipped...best deal. Just did the installation and it was easy. The quality is great and covers the whole phone.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
I ordered the special from phantom skinz. 2 sets for $15 shipped...best deal. Just did the installation and it was easy. The quality is great and covers the whole phone.

How do the corners look?

If possible, can you, or anyone else who got the Phantom Skinz, take a picture of the corners? That's what I'm most worried about.

dashed

Jun 4, 2008
Here are some pics of the phantom skinz.

Attachments

• DSC01522.jpg
    DSC01522.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC01523.jpg
    DSC01523.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC01524.jpg
    DSC01524.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC01526.jpg
    DSC01526.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 400

kevinddavis

Oct 4, 2007
Beaverton, OR
Here are some pics of the phantom skinz.

The corners on this are much more rounded than on my Skinomi. Mine actually come to a sharp point. I can feel it snagging on my slip case.

The first few days showed a lot of unevenness on the screen. Now it is pretty clear except the two pieces of fuzz and the small spec of dust on the screen. Only one bubble shows on the back piece. Never could get it to move since it is close to the middle of the back.

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
Does any one know if any of the current skins cover the crack between the screen and body ? I've noticed that dust can get in-between. I was able to blow it out but it made me concerned. Maybe those complaining about dust behind their screens can get it out with a can of compressed air?

zjchaser

Apr 27, 2007
OC, CA
www.akuasolutions.com
Just installed my Phantom Skinz, I have to admit it was more work than I was expecting but after got the hang of it it was pretty smooth and the results are nice. It was my first time installing any phone skin, I always would just beat up the phones but I figure I'll try keeping this one nice.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Hmm, I thought it was weird how PhantomSkinz "suddenly" jumped into first place.

Can you guys see who voted?

Taking a look at the PhantomSkinz voters, we find this:

bri512
Total Posts: 0

carriedixon

cowboytroy

joshua12325

mike15698

randy22090

sue513

And "PhantomSkinz Guru", which I've actually seen posting elsewhere when I was researching skin protectors. Link: Google Search

Not a single other voter for any of the other companies has the same Join Date / 0 Posts.

I'm not saying it's a bad product. But that's a bit... odd... isn't it?

Last edited:

saquib

Jun 15, 2004
Lancashire
Well researched Paul22000!

Actually ordered a set yesterday, but not based on the poll here. Should be here next week (in the UK). Will report on know I find the product.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post my results.

Over the past week, I have tried Bestskinsforever full body protector + screen, Stealthguards full body + screen, and today: Clarivue screen protector.

This is after doing much reading on the forums about Boxwave, Clarivue and dcMugen screen protectors.

BSE: As above, there is some curling. But, as you can see by adambuckeridge.com's review, the BSE has the most complete coverage of corners - when compared to the Zagg and Stealthguards. I would feel confident dropping my N1 with a BSE on its corner over the other two.
    There is some curling, but BSE was nice enough to send me a replacement piece for one area I knackered up on first install, so I think overall they're a good company to deal with.

BSE Screen protector: Better than the stealthguards, but bubbles remained after 4 days. While it is clearer than the Stealthguards too, the rubbery-ness that is an advantage on the full body, is not, on the screen.

I opted to go with the Clarivue for the screen (clear), and here is my 2cents on that.

As usual, I knackered up the first application. They give you two, so my learning curve was not a detriment. Plus, they offer a lifetime warranty. So if and when my second protector starts showing its age, they will send a new one for $3 postage fees, and upon receipt, I can send them the old one.

Now, I applied the first Clarivue as per the instructions verbatim.

Please note the design of the Clarivue: It is more "static" than wet-apply, like the other screen protectors. The actual protector itself is shrouded by two other pieces of plastic on each side. The "Back cover" which is clear and labelled "Tab 1" with a scotch tape tag on one end; and the "Front cover" which is blue and labelled "Tab 2" with a similar numbered tag.

You pull off the tabs to apply the screen protector in both steps. If you mess up, you can wash the Clarivue and it will remain just as sticky - however my experience with washing my first try protector did not result in the same clarity as when it was brand new - despite its equal stickiness.

So the instructions say to remove the "Back cover" by peeling off "Tab 1". Once you do it, the tacky side that shows is the "back" which actually applies to the front of your screen. (This is not explicit in the way the instructions are worded).
    [Prior to applying the screen protector, Clarivue recommends you clean your screen well, and include a sachet of "lcd cleaning screen wipe." I found this wipe a little dry, and my key two pieces of cloth that yielded dust free application and a clear surface, were regular pharmacy alcohol wipe swabs (the ones that come in a sachet), and an eyeglass lens cloth (to dry up the alcohol).

So my N1 is clean. I took of Tab1 as instructed and here was my error:
    Do not take of the "back cover" *completely* by pulling tab 1!
    Once you do this, you expose the entire sticky surface (even tho its static, its sticky). And when you apply it on (dry to dry remember, no soap water), it will adhere and be hard to line up.
    Worst of all, once you try to apply it this way after the entire back piece is peeled of, air bubbles will form when laying it down, even lined up. *These are not small air bubbles, and unlike a wet apply, they cannot me massaged to the sides and out into the air.

How did I win the second time around?
    Peel off Tab 1 like so:
    Line up only that top edge nice, with the upper border of your clean N1.
    (i did not use a steamy shower, and managed to get the N1 dust free at this point).

Slowly pull back Tab 1 now (from below, as logic dictates), while you roll your finger down the screen sticking it on bubble free (and not exposed to air, and thus dust free).
    *No air bubbles should form while you do this clean swoop.

/....................\
    |....................|
    |....................|
    Above is my progression, as you peel down the screen. You get my drift.

What you will be left with is clearly applied Clarivue, with not one air bubble or "micro-air bubble" that you will need to wait 48 hours to dissapear.

The instant result is a clear screen. At this point "Tab 2" is still on the front of your screen protector, and this protector appears blue, so at this point you have a "blue" looking screen protector aligned on your screen perfectly. Having it on does help you do any necessary massaging, without fear of scratching the topside of your screen protector. However keep in mind, what you might be trying to massage out of this blue setup, is actually the imperfections between the "blue Front cover/Tab2" and the actual screen protector itself. (It might well be perfect underneath except for the bubbles that exist between the protective blue front, and the Clarivue itself.)

If we did it the same way, upon peeling off Tab 2, you will be left with a pristine screen - which I must say, is very hard to distinguish from stock. In feel, clarity and fit. (With instant gratification, and no waiting time to see if it will cure out).

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this thread in interest of applying the Clarivue, and doing it right the first time.

:)