Rogers Razr ICS Leak. (CA)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am now pulling a 283 or so MB ICS labled update for the Rogers RAZR. Will keep you guys posted and this... hopefully this is not old news?

st0Drl.jpg

Excuse my crappy bionic for cheesecaking.

How to install from another ICS leak (same carrier, model, etc.):
    1. Put the leak on your external SD card.
    2. Fastboot a patched boot.img using the boot.img.p from this leak's /patch/ folder and the boot.img from the latest official version's fastboot files. (See my thread on patching boot images here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27211509 )
      NOTE: If someone posts a reply with a boot.img they patched, you can use that one as well. Only one person has to make one and post it.
    3. Fastboot the system.img and preinstall.img from the latest official version
    4. Boot to recovery and install the newer ICS leak.

Mattlgroff's Notes:

YBECz.png

Download: http://goo.im/roms/mattlgroff/Blur_Version.651.167.3331.XT910.Rogers.en.CA.zip

MD5: 37BF5F8FE132DBFE7B76CF491A926B32

Thanks andlaw for the adapted install instructions from your DR thread: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/2871-how-to-upgrade-from-181-to-211-sideload/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be on STOCK 651.167.3331 for Rogers. No frozen apps. No custom recoveries, etc.

Install instructions are using ES File Manager and Rom Manager (free) from the Play Store download these and be rooted on 651.167.3331 for Rogers. Yes rogers for Canada, not that other carrier stuff lol.

open rom manager free, hit OK, now press the home button.
    open es file explorer, press YES, press menu, open settings, scroll down to Path settings and under Root settings: Enable
    Up to Root (path settings)
    Root Explorer (root settings)
    Mount File System (root settings)

"DOWNLOAD THE ICS UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone)"

open ES FILE EXPLORER, locate your /cache directory and then select the Blur_Version.651.167.3331.XT910.Rogers.en.CA.zip
    (now choose Open With ROM MANAGER)

phone will restart, and begin installation of the ICS leak (takes 10-15minutes)
    phone restarts, boot animation begins, Android is upgrading :: Profit success!! Celebrate!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading to a mirror now... I have a public dropbox link for the moment PM me if you want it.

Screenshots(the wallpaper is stock with ICS, the apps were some installed from the tester):
    K0VpPl.png

TZvb4l.png

0BIMjl.png

mRpcFl.png

Pw91pl.png
    I downoladed the file on my sd card, Tried with the method explaned, but I was unable to open the update file with rom manager in es file explorer.

Then I uninstalled bootstrap, remplaced logwrapper,
    I had a backup of root, but forget to temporarly unroot
    Forgot to unfroze too some apps
    Without thinking too much I went in stock recovery and updated the file from sd and it worked.
    Rebooted, updating apps, and now i'm on ICS
    For the love of god plug that phone into a charger!
    I downoladed the file on my sd card, Tried with the method explaned, but I was unable to open the update file with rom manager in es file explorer.

Then I uninstalled bootstrap, remplaced logwrapper,
    I had a backup of root, but forget to temporarly unroot
    Forgot to unfroze too some apps
    Without thinking too much I went in stock recovery and updated the file from sd and it worked.
    Rebooted, updating apps, and now i'm on ICS

This worked perfectly for me. Installed using stock recovery and removed CWM/bootloader using these directions: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20447149&postcount=47

Be verrrrry careful following those directions, one wrong delete/rename can brick your phone. Running ICS! Thanks OP!
    holy SHIET. this is GOOD STUFF.

now, quick questions:

1. does this reset or wipe out current settings or sdcard?
    2. do i need to defrost the Rogers crapware?

Hi sorry, I am just confusing the "DOWNLOAD THE ICS UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone"

so I should put the file into root/ ?

or root/cashe ?( my root folder is empty so just creat a new folder called cashe?

Thanks

root is /
    root is not a folder named 'root'
    so using ES FX, go up to / and u will see lotsa stuff. one of it is the cache folder. go there. it will be /cache. put it there.