Valhalla - BlackEdition

Search This thread

hechoen

May 7, 2011
*EDIT*: I did a factory reset and it comes up with the Android/Google log on but now won't allow me to input any text. It asks to 'select' the input method and nothing is there to select. Any suggestions???

Help! I really need this tomorrow!

Restore a nand? If you've already factory reset all your apps are gone. You do have a recent nand right?

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
Restore a nand? If you've already factory reset all your apps are gone. You do have a recent nand right?

No, Not unless TB does it for you....man, I guess I'm screwed as I did reach the Android setup screen but cannot for the life of me get a keyboard to come up when trying to input text. The 'select input' method of it is also screwed up.

Aggh! I have a job interview tomorrow and I need to read a text for directions! Help!

Last edited:

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
"Extract the launcher apk from rom then do adb push nameoflauncher.apk /system/app/
From your computer then reboot "

Could I just download the golaunche.apk and then place it in the /system/app folder? Would that work?

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
@KurlyK

I hope that your interview went well (that is if you got there with no directions). I received a report about these posts, but I have to agree with the others. If you Factory Reset without a viable Nandroid, your data is lost (unless you somehow remembered to make a backup via TiB, reflashed the ROM base and restored your TiB sms/mms backup).

Rule number #2 before flashing a ROM (Rule #1 is Search/Read but we all know how that works) is make a Nandroid backup in case of times like these.

Sorry for your loss but hopefully you learned from this and also got the job. Good luck.

Reactions: KurlyK and Theraze

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
Well after I did a factory reset and re-installed Valhalla Black, I'm now experiencing issues with the dialer.

It will force close back to the main screen (often, but not always) whenever I hit the 'phone' button, press the contacts within the dialer or try and access the call log. Doesn't happen every time but happens very frequently. It's to the point where I'm unable to make calls with ease.

Would wiping dalvik and fixing permissions solve this issue?

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Well after I did a factory reset and re-installed Valhalla Black, I'm now experiencing issues with the dialer.

It will force close back to the main screen (often, but not always) whenever I hit the 'phone' button, press the contacts within the dialer or try and access the call log. Doesn't happen every time but happens very frequently. It's to the point where I'm unable to make calls with ease.

Would wiping dalvik and fixing permissions solve this issue?

You need to back up app data (TB) you want to keep and start fresh. Heimdall One-Click back to stock and start over. It sounds like you did some experimenting deleting things, hopefully learned something and now you need to take what you learned and start over.

There is no need to ask if wiping cache and fixing permissions will help. Just do it and see if it helps. That needs to be a standard part of your troubleshooting methods. Nobody really knows what will fix your issues when you tinker with your phone because we don't know what you did to mess things up.

Reactions: Theraze

JaimeZX

Dec 3, 2011
To be fair, I have the exact same issue with dialer/call logs FCing frequently and I don't think I've messed with stuff like Kurly... Posted about it a while back and offered to post alogcat and nobody replied.

Still more than happy to post logs!

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G

simonbarsinistr

Nov 28, 2011
Everett
I don't think there is going to be much dev support anymore, so I'm not sure who will make use of any posted logs. We're just going to have to help trouble shoot each other.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
I think to be legitimately fair - considering this thread is over 200 pages - that if dialer was an issue, there would be more reports about it. I used this ROM for a long time without issue. So let's be fair and admit you went wrong somewhere in the process of flashing.

chazel3

Dec 28, 2009
I had the same issue with vb, even on a clean install. I think some others did as well, but again, 200 page thread, not gonna search through it, but I don't believe the issue/ bug was ever "resolved" and seemed that some people had it, some didn't. Still one of my fave roms. A simple reboot would stop the issue for a day or two, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me, not that big a deal for me, just a minor annoyance

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for the response fellas. Looks like I'll go back to stock and Redland things again

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
Arggh! Still having FC issues/Dialer Issues

Okay folks, I know it's with my phone and something that's been corrupted to it, but I did do the One-Click Back to Stock but did not flash bootloaders when I reinstalled Valhalla Black Final.

Maybe that's what's still causing me problems, don't know but I really want to try and get this thing fixed as I've been having issues with it for months since moving from AOKP back to GB for wifi calling (my reception here sucks).

So my question is, if I go ahead and do a OneClick back to stock again, LOAD the bootloaders this time, and then reinstall Valhalla Black Final, is there anyway to prevent having to reload all the applications again?

I've got Titanium Backup but I'm thinking perhaps, that THAT caused the problems I've been having despite having reinstalled a GB ROM twice now. Could I simply do a nandroid backup or would that be creating the same problems I've been having?

I'd appreciate ANY help. I'm not a newb and have successfully installed several ROMs over the past 2 years, but this has got me befuddled! :confused:

Have you done a full factory settings wipe including not restoring back any applications? Does it still FC?

Titanium Backup won't cause FCs... but if you backup corrupted data that causes FCs and restore it back, that will. Whether it's through TB or a nandroid. Corrupted data is, well, corrupted. You could try to backup/remove one app at a time, but you'll have better luck starting with clean and restoring one app per week until it starts FCing wildly at you.

KurlyK

Aug 18, 2011
Have you done a full factory settings wipe including not restoring back any applications? Does it still FC?

Titanium Backup won't cause FCs... but if you backup corrupted data that causes FCs and restore it back, that will. Whether it's through TB or a nandroid. Corrupted data is, well, corrupted. You could try to backup/remove one app at a time, but you'll have better luck starting with clean and restoring one app per week until it starts FCing wildly at you.

I did a factory reset but then used TB to reinstall my old apps. So may very well be that I have corrupted data on one of my apps. To go through each one would take more time than it's worth.

Do you think I should reformat my SD card as well? I have not done that in quite some time and feel that if I'm going to do it, and hopefully do it for the last time, that I should go all out.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Reinstall your apps one at a time and use in between install to find out which app/s is/are corrupted.

Yeah... just restore your apps one at a time (in order of how much you NEED them), and try to restart between each and use the phone for a bit. If it's an app where you don't actually need to restore the data, like Google Music or something like that... don't. Just install it from the Play Store. Hopefully in the 30 mins/hour of time between installs, you'll see the crazy FCs and figure out which is bad.

One more thing... run a Verify in Titanium Backup. Sometimes it can identify which backup is corrupted. It will still try to restore it... because sometimes crazy FCs is better than losing all your SMS for the past year... but if you know that's where your corruption is, you'll want to try to get it out, wipe the data, and then bring it back in. And then wipe your backup for that program and make a new one. :)

Reactions: Cooptx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INSTALL DIRECTIONS
    1) Copy rom to root of SD card
    2) Follow Gui Installer (custom or Generic install)
    5) Flash rom, (reboot Device) let it sit for 10 mins While its in the rom :p
    6) Enjoy

ROM FEATURES
    * Toggles
    * Lockscreens
    * Modified audio and video
    * Ics look :p
    * Miui music
    * Tweaks (formally known as edt tweaks :p)

THANKS
    Team Acid
    Team Nerd
    Whitehawk - For base guidance and premisson to use his base.
    Bryan for his sexy kernels
    Fb for testing scripts and debloatings
    CHANGELOG
    -Final-
    Bugs gone.
    screenshots

xlyno.jpg
    THIS ROM HAS BEEN APPROVED BY WHITEHAWKX!

****ing amazing man. I love it! Thanks for another pimp-tastic option for everyone! I hope everyone has a happy holiday season! :D