Nook App Receives Much Needed Update!

Search This thread

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
Not gonna say it's as good as the original but it's much better than it was. :thumbup::sly:

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Last edited:

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332003378667.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332003378667.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 594

xiefeilaga

Feb 21, 2010
How's the app?

I've been using NT stock, rooted for a while, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. This close (pinches fingers together) to taking the plunge and going CM 7. How well does the Nook app work? I'm assuming it doesn't let you access magazines, but otherwise, I'll get all the books I bought through them, right? Does it function much differently from the stock reader?

I've only got one magazine subscription, the New Yorker, and their implementation leaves much to be desired. I'm about ready to switch to a digital subscription with them and just run Cyanogen.

Sorry for putting this here. It's impossible to search for threads on the Nook app, because everyone likes writing "nook" in their thread titles.

PJLLB

Feb 8, 2012
I've been using NT stock, rooted for a while, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. This close (pinches fingers together) to taking the plunge and going CM 7. How well does the Nook app work? I'm assuming it doesn't let you access magazines, but otherwise, I'll get all the books I bought through them, right? Does it function much differently from the stock reader?

I've only got one magazine subscription, the New Yorker, and their implementation leaves much to be desired. I'm about ready to switch to a digital subscription with them and just run Cyanogen.

Sorry for putting this here. It's impossible to search for threads on the Nook app, because everyone likes writing "nook" in their thread titles.

The Nook app works pretty well on the Android side, and yes you can get all of your books and certain magazines. If you look at the Nook magazine subscription, it will tell you if it's available for the Nook app, PC reading, or just Nooks. I checked, and the New Yorker only works with the Nooks themselves. The reader is very similar to the "stock" reader, and I actually like the page turning animation better -- it looks much more like a real page turn.

I dual boot (native Nook and CM7 SD card) so I can still use the Nook native reader for my magazine content -- which, for those to which I subscribe, is Nook only, not Nook app.

Reactions: xiefeilaga

xiefeilaga

Feb 21, 2010
Thanks. I might try out the dual-boot for a while. Actually, the only magazine I subscribe to is the New Yorker, and the implementation is pretty disappointing. If you back out of the app (each issue is actually its own app), it loses your place in the article, and it doesn't give you subscriber access to your archive. They have a digital subscription that gives you full access, so I might just try it that way. It's not a very visually compelling magazine to begin with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Nook app works pretty well on the Android side, and yes you can get all of your books and certain magazines. If you look at the Nook magazine subscription, it will tell you if it's available for the Nook app, PC reading, or just Nooks. I checked, and the New Yorker only works with the Nooks themselves. The reader is very similar to the "stock" reader, and I actually like the page turning animation better -- it looks much more like a real page turn.

I dual boot (native Nook and CM7 SD card) so I can still use the Nook native reader for my magazine content -- which, for those to which I subscribe, is Nook only, not Nook app.