[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] GCC4.8 Linaro+ART optimizations

Search This thread

styr

Jul 21, 2010
TeamVanir presents
VANIR
Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
vanir_tuna_kernel

Credits
Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
1. Make sure that you are on the JB Bootloader
2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
1, wipe dalvik and cache
2. Flash ROM
3. Flash Gapps
4. Reboot

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111378032131473754160

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
NuclearMistake
Sonicxml
DHO
PrimeDirective
Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

Download - DHO builds

Kernel

To answer the inevitable question, they are the SAME BUILD, the only differences are due to what code changed time whenever we compile. Download the one with the latest time and you're good to go!

Last edited:

Teadious

Oct 11, 2012
Re: [ROM] VANIR (v4.002beta[JB 4.2.2][2/23]) (v4.001[JB 4.2.1][2/5])

Downloading, can I use trinity alpha 1 on this? (4.2.2 based kernel)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

llevo3

Apr 19, 2010
OnePlus 7T
User error.
It's really not that hard man - CM set up their LED notification application for ease of use and it DOES work very well.

i know to set up led notifications, but it doesn't work all the time as should, and there is a lot of users complaining to cm notification system, while on the other side aokp led notification works perfect and never fails

Reactions: kickthefreak

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
i know to set up led notifications, but it doesn't work all the time as should, and there is a lot of users complaining to cm notification system, while on the other side aokp led notification works perfect and never fails

Interesting, never failed on me! Probably some whacked out kernel you're using tweaked to all hell.

kickthefreak

Jan 21, 2009
balik
Finally on xda
Will try after downloading .. Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Btw i like your web man, thats a lot of awesome pic,
Can i download it for my wallpaper?

mkcbbusiness

Apr 12, 2011

Going to try some more awesomeness :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ

So you came here and opted to say "no thanks" as if someone cares and then proceed to cite other people who had issues rather than simply explaining your own issues in detail?? I don't want to call you a troll but since I've seen you do it before in a different thread, I'm starting to think that this is your M.O.

Lastly, if the AOKP LED notifications is all that matters, why not just use AOKP exclusively and be done with it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeamVanir presents
    VANIR
    Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
    vanir_tuna_kernel

Credits
    Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
    1. Make sure that you are on the JB Bootloader
    2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
    3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
    1, wipe dalvik and cache
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Reboot

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111378032131473754160

Donations
    If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
    NuclearMistake
    Sonicxml
    DHO
    PrimeDirective
    Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

Download - DHO builds

Kernel

To answer the inevitable question, they are the SAME BUILD, the only differences are due to what code changed time whenever we compile. Download the one with the latest time and you're good to go!
    Wooooooooo go go go download and try this fantastic rom guys ,,,, :D
    Nightlies in the OP, get `em while they are fresh :p
    I like 1-2 things from there and i`d might use them if there will be another vanir_tuna kernel :D

K well here you go . same kernel . built with newest Linaro 4.8 GCC , hot off the laptop , and running butter smooth and fast on my phone , I took the arm/lib/memset.S file from current linux kernel. that fixed the lockups , and its -O3 :p the commit is in my git, the source again is https://github.com/bsmitty83/vanir_tuna.git

enjoy , I am :good:

Its anykernel format ,so should work on al KK 4.8 built roms

Dirty_V-Linaro4.8.zip - 3.33 MB

peme6yte.jpg
    good job devs

via my lovely ****

i think we're at a better spot now because we're finally collaborating on things a little bit more.. but thanks. We're all putting a lot of hard work into it.