Need to return DNA

Search This thread

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
Like an idiot I jumped ahead of myself and relocked and S-on my wife's phone before completly reading through what I should have done. Phone will only boot into fastboot and when I try recovery, it just boots to fastboot. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance -

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheRealDeadApe

Jan 21, 2009
Apply appropriate RUU for your firmware version. If you are on kit-kat firmware no full RUU exists so you would more or less be SOL.

Reactions: tat2me2

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Like an idiot I jumped ahead of myself and relocked and S-on my wife's phone before completly reading through what I should have done. Phone will only boot into fastboot and when I try recovery, it just boots to fastboot. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance -

Try using the command fastboot clear cache. Then try to boot to the recovery.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: tat2me2

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills

Tried your suggestion but still no luck, here's where I'm at.

I keep getting this error for just about anything I try to flash...

(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote:12 signature verify fail)

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I'm not sure to be honest, it was my wifes phone - she has the new M8 so I'm trying to get this thing back to stock so I can send it to Verizon and not have to pay $200

Try running the 3.06 ruu found here. If it works then your all set. If it doesn't that might mean your on kit Kat and since we do not have an ruu for that then you may be out of luck.

Go here and try it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612740

Make sure your booted to the boot loader and you have the drivers on the pc installed correctly so it can run and complete. If this doesn't work your only option is a jtag. In that case which is worst case scenario you would need to send the phone out to get fixed. Hopefully you are not on kit Kat and the ruu works. The new ota was released a couple weeks ago so chances are she didn't accept it yet if she was on her new phone.

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
Try running the 3.06 ruu found here. If it works then your all set. If it doesn't that might mean your on kit Kat and since we do not have an ruu for that then you may be out of luck.

Go here and try it.

Make sure your booted to the boot loader and you have the drivers on the pc installed correctly so it can run and complete. If this doesn't work your only option is a jtag. In that case which is worst case scenario you would need to send the phone out to get fixed. Hopefully you are not on kit Kat and the ruu works. The new ota was released a couple weeks ago so chances are she didn't accept it yet if she was on her new phone.

OK, gonna try now - just to clear, I want the [SENSE 5 RUU] correct?

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
Here's the current state

Do you have the original unlock code? Mite have to try firewater to unlock and soff again. From the looks of the pic you are on the 3.06 os but the newest radio and hboot. the link below has all the radios, hboots and firmware links. I think you need to flash back to the 3.06 hboot and radio and then try the 3.06 ruu again. Hope this helps

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
I can't find the original unlock code - I'm also not understanding all the FAILED remote: 12 signature verify fail issue

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
Thanks for the input, unfortunately I can't get anything to flash - I don't have any choice but to send it back to Verizon in the condition it's in .

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Thanks for the input, unfortunately I can't get anything to flash - I don't have any choice but to send it back to Verizon in the condition it's in .

Hopefully they don't charge you. The signature check is basically saying you don't have permission to do that because you have security flags on and your locked. Your probably on kitkat and that's why the ruu won't work. With out soff you can not downgrade the system so it's not allowing it. And since we do not have an ruu for kit Kat yet your out of luck. Like I said you can jtag but because of your time restrictions and having to send it back to Verizon that's not an option. Sorry I couldn't help you out and things didn't work out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apply appropriate RUU for your firmware version. If you are on kit-kat firmware no full RUU exists so you would more or less be SOL.