Can you downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

Search This thread

spitz123321

Jun 23, 2014
I have been up for hours and hours but cannot find a way to root with the new 4.4.2 update but if I could only downgrade to 4.3 I could root is there any possible way to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

mushypizza

Oct 25, 2011
There is no way to downgrade once you accepted the update to 4.4, im sorry. Even if there was a way to root, you cannot downgrade back to 4.3

satseaker

Feb 10, 2011
I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>

ms2sf

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I just wanted to confirm that you can Odin back to MJ9 4.3 from the newest ND3 4.3 to regain root. This is for 4.3 bootlocked GN2s ONLY. It was quite painless actually, all my data was as it was before. I backed up to the internal memory using Helium just in case (since I lost root), but I was able use saferoot without issue and am now back to rooted. <br />
<br />
I had used Kingo before to root, so I am actually glad to use saferoot this time since I am planning to install SafeStrap and flash N3BULA over: stock soon.<br/>

Frustrating Newbie here. I have looked at prior postings before asking this question.

I have a Verizon Note 4.4.2 Kernel 3.0.31 dpi@SWDD5710#1... KST 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.1605VRUFND7

I have never rooted this phone before. Can I root this phone?