[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

d1shwasher

Jan 26, 2011
Does anyone know if this works for the Roger's HTC Dream? I know it says G1, but Roger's has a few snags (apparently).

This is perfect for my noob skill level.

What do you recommend I do after I install this (if it works)? What roms do you recommend etc?

Thanks

bobbydavis26

Jan 8, 2011
Hey Ryan, you have probably heard this alot lately, but it seems that the latest update made the zroot not work on my fascinate. Do you have a fix coming soon? I have the sch-i500 series, if that helps. It was great before the update though! Thanks for your time!

Junkdown

Nov 16, 2010
z4root has always worked very well.
Really a great app and thank you very much for support.

I have a "Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i, Firmware v2.1, Baseband v2.049, Kernel v2.6.29, Build Number 2.0.2.A.0.24 .
Have about 27 January 2011 a brand new update from Sony will receive (see the data supplied). However, since the day does not work z4Root :(

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
This app is working great on Motorola Cliq 2. The permanent option has no problems yet.. sucks that there isn't any custom rom for it, I don't think..

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

BladeMaestor

Feb 5, 2011
Worked ok on Milestone 2 baseband version EPU93ST2_U_03.02.00
Had to mess around a bit to get the root to work, but got there in the end :)
Many thanks for your hard work

BladeMaestor
Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
I have an LG P500 (optimus one) with Stock 2.2.1 ROM. Any Idea if this works on 2.2.1? I've read it doesn't, and downgrading to 2.2 is required. But if I know correctly, rooting is required to install another ROM (2.2 in this case). But I can't root unless I install a 2.2 ROM.
So I don't get it, what are my options?

mikeclubs

Sep 22, 2010
I have Dell Streak Locked AT&T White.

I updated from 1.6 to pre-release 2.2 using QDL tool and then updated to official streak with browser link and downloaded the official 2.2 (Streak_318_12821_00.pkg).

the Build now is 12821.

I tried to root using

Z4Root Just shut down the application and will not start again till reboot.
Super Androot runs and gives me failed notification

super one click Failed every time with both exploits/options.

Is the problem the streak build 12821 that is not rootable yet. or am I doing something wrong.
Can anyone direct me to a working rooting solution or have anyone with the same streak specifications as above was able to root and how.

Thank you greatly for all the wonderful work.

vitinho

Apr 17, 2008
Urgent help, screen freezed

Help! Urgent!
I've downloaded the app on the first page, installed and then selected the temporary root...
And now my phone is stuck at deep blue sea screen, with "z4mod" and "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." written... For more than half an hour... Waiting for the battery to drain out...
What should I do? Take out the battery? Shut down the cell phone (dont know if thats possible)
Mine is a Galaxy S with official Froyo 2.2
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!