[DFT][Updated!#3] HSPL / RSPL for HTC WP7 First Generation

Search This thread

Useless guy

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Thanks Cotulla and DFT!

Unforunally, there is a problem on computers with high DPI. I have it set to 120 and got this:
2ac467ea.png

But i've successfully flashed, wheen changed DPI back to 90.

Last edited:

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
Congrats and well done guys.

Just when i got my HD7 security unlocked last week this comes out :) is it still worth installing the RSPL for flash recovery like in the old days when installing different radios?

Do we have any custom RUU for the HD7 yet infact any of the HTC WP7 devices?

Worked like a treat even though i didnt need to do it :0)

85873552.jpg

Last edited:

cina

Mar 8, 2008
Tószeg
Hi!

My MID is PD29100. Which is one less zero than the others mentioned in the first post. Will this work for me or should I wait for next release?

Thanx,
Cina.

P.S.: There is some light in the dark tunnel of Microsoft hegemony at last. Great work guys...

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
My HTC mozart got a new SPL version 1.33,not in the list of DFT_wp7F
it come with the new update firmware of OEM released since few days

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
ive got the Bell HD7 (t9295) and thought id check..with the RSPL my model is not identified. the MID is PD291300. OS 7.10.7712.60
What ROM version / SPL version you have installed?
We must be sure that this device same like other "PD291XXXX", before adding this MID.

Does this work for the att hd7s -- pd29150 ANY HELP HERE PLZ
No, it doesn't supported yet.

Can you get what you need remotly to get this working on a Sprint Arrive and Verizon Trophy? I have access to both (guaranteed on the Arrive, Trophy is mine, but a friend uses it).
no, we need devices in our hands, because remote it's too hard in this case I think.

Are you officially from the DFT forum ?
Yes ;)

Im sure is machine dependant but I was unabl to view the "next" or "cancel" on the wizard window, which I solved by tabbing to it
Unforunally, there is a problem on computers with high DPI. I have it set to 120 and got this:
thank you for reporting, we will fix it.

I just wanted to say that the HTC Gold - HTC 7 Pro T7575 except the code number, second number is T7576​​. I think to add this information, as in the case HD7 bla, bla, bla.
Yes, seems mistake T7575 is Arrive, while T7576 is GSM Gold, right?

My MID is PD29100. Which is one less zero than the others mentioned in the first post. Will this work for me or should I wait for next release?
You always see only 7 symbols of MID on the SPL screen. The last symbol is hidden.

My HTC mozart got a new SPL version 1.33,not in the list of DFT_wp7F
Select 1.32 from list, it should work nice.

so two new MIDs detected for HTC Schubert, we will look if we can add them to package:

PD291300
PD291500

nok_fusion

Jun 22, 2010
thanks cotulla,i follow your stuff previously with HD2 & now with Mozart :)
can we expect a hack of mango? to install homebrew like before?
if mango RTM could leak on a downloaded rom ^^

the-wrangler

Jan 8, 2009
Big Bad Bowmanville
What ROM version / SPL version you have installed?
We must be sure that this device same like other "PD291XXXX", before adding this MID.

so two new MIDs detected for HTC Schubert, we will look if we can add them to package:

PD291300
PD291500

thanks for the reply Cotulla..the Bell HD7 has SPL 2.16.2250.0(117476)

any more info needed cotulla?
thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DFT HSPL RSPL WP7F3

DarkForcesTeam proudly presents RSPL / HSPL
    for phones HTC WP7 First Generation

(Short name is “WP7F”)
    This is first big step to customization and community development for these devices.

History:

15.02.2012 Updated release. Revision #3.
    Changes:
    • Was added support for 'SCHU1000' and 'PD291200' MIDs
    • Removed OTA update inside RSPL and HSPL, this allows to keep HSPL after HTC OTA Zune update.
    • Added warning screen about 4.XX and 5.XX
    • But still NO support for 4.XX and 5.XX
    • Support for CDMA devices: GoldC and SparkW
    • Wizard UI: only WWE support remains.

NOTE for ROM chefs:
    SparkW custom ROMs must has "SPAW1000" MID instead of "PC402000".
    This is done to protect from flashing Spark custom ROM to Spark_W and reversed.

18.08.2011 Updated release. Revision #2.
    Changes:
    • Improved wizard GUI on non DPI 96 systems.
    • Added support for "PD291300", "PD291500" two new Schubert MIDs.
    • Replaced RSPL and HSPL for Spark from 1.10 to 1.20.
    01.08.2011 Initial release. Revision #1.

WARNING TO ALL:
    Do NOT use RSPL / HSPL with Mozart 4.XX and other RUU ROMS with MANGO.
    All WP7F devices affected: MOZART, GOLD, SCHUBERT, MONDRIAN, SPARK!
    It will damage your device. Not a joke.
    MORE INFORMATION HERE

Read the next few messages for more information.

This release supports those WP7F devices:

*Gold (HTC Pro 7,T7575)
    *Mozart (HD3,T8697,T8698,T8699)
    *Mondrian (Surround,T8788)
    *Spark (Trophy,T8686)
    *Schubert (HD7, HD7S, T9292,T9295,T9296)
    *HTC Gold C (HTC Arrive)
    *HTC Spark W (Trophy Verizion)

Most of these devices have several MIDs (ModelID, looks like “PC921000”).
    Current release supports only some limited number of MIDs. This was designed to minimize possible harm to user’s devices.

List of supported MIDs:

Gold: “PC92****”, “PC921000”
    Mozart: “MOZA1000”, “PD67****”, “PD671000”, “PD671200”
    Mondrian: “PD26****”, “PD261000”, “PD261100”
    Spark: “PC401000”
    Schubert: “PD29****”, “PD291000”, “PD291100”, "PD291200", "PD291300", "PD291500"

!Please note that on SPL screen MID is only 7 symbols, without last one.!

Programs stops any operations if unknown MID detected. If your device have unknown MID, please report about it in this thread. Specify your MID, device name, ROM versions. It’s nice, if you can give a link to download ROM.

Basic stuffs to know:

SPL is Secondary Program Loader. It allows to flash ROMs to device.
    Without working SPL device is fully bricked, you can’t restore it. It’s why all operations with SPL are dangerous.
    OSPL is Original SPL. This SPL comes with stock ROM and doesn’t allow to flash custom stuffs.
    RSPL is Reloaded SPL. It load only to RAM, so it doesn’t persistent. It’s enough to soft reset device to get OSPL back.
    HSPL is Hard SPL. It’s permanently flashed to internal device memory and replaces OSPL. After soft reset you still have HSPL instead of OSPL.

This release consists from RSPL and HSPL wizards.
    For regular users, who flash ROMs rather rare, it can be enough to use only RSPL.
    For advanced users and ROM makers, it can be useful to install HSPL.

IMPORTANT NOTES
    1. Before doing any operations be sure you have battery level more than 50%!
    Sometimes in SPL mode WP7F devices DO NOT charge. You may got a cold brick if it power down during SPL or RADIO update!
    2. Stock RUU ROMs have two NBH inside, SPL_Signed and RUU_Signed.
    So it's not possible directly flash stock ROM, you need extract files and remove SPL_Signed.nbh at least.
    3. Rememeber if you have HSPL and you flashing stock RUU_Signed.nbh you lost HSPL!
    4. Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.

Warranty Issues

Be warned, using RSPL may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock! Install stock official ROM before go to Repair Centre.

Disclaimer

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    Use of the Product for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
    It’s not allowed to make changes to this package; it must be distributed as original release.

Last version (R#3)

attachment.php

Official DFT site (Chinese)

-DFT, 18.08.2011
    Launching RSPL

DFT_RSPL_WP7FG1_LAUNCH allows you to load RSPL on the device:

1. Extract ALL files from RAR archive.
    2. Run DFT_RSPL_WP7FG1_LAUNCH (with administrative rights to access USB)
    3. Mindfully reads information text. Press “Next” button.
    4. Reset your device and hold “Volume Down” button during reset to enter OSPL mode.
    5. Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
    6. Now you may need to install proper USB drivers. They come with Active Sync / Windows Mobile Device Center.
    7. Install drivers if required.
    8. Make sure device show “USB” at the bottom instead of “Serial”.
    9. Press “Next” button in the wizard. It should detect your phone.
    10. If you are using WCEUSBHS driver under Windows Vista/7 (for MTTY or MAGLDR TTY for example), you should apply “Windows XP compatible mode” in the properties of EXE file to get connection.
    11. After successful connection it should show device codename and allows to choose installed OSPL version.
    12. You should look at the screen and select OSPL version in drop down list box. You need do this because it’s not possible to detect installed version via USB.

If your current SPL version doesn't present in the list, you can choose nearest version,
    BUT ONLY IF IT HAS SAME FIRST NUMBER!!
    Example: You have 4.XX on the device. Do NOT choose 1.XX 2.XX 3.XX.

13. Press “Next”. Wait until comes final page.
    14. Read and close window
    15. Look at the device – it must reboot to RSPL.
    16. If you see RSPLX.Y.Z and “CotullaRSPL” on the screen – the task done! Otherwise, please report in this thread about your problems.
    17. Put some feedback in this thread for community and developers.

Installing HSPL

DFT_HSPL_WP7FG1_INSTALL allows you to install HSPL on the device:

1. Launch RSPL on the device like described above.
    2. Be sure that you close RSPL wizard window.
    3. Run DFT_HSPL_WP7FG1_INSTALL.exe (with administrative rights to access USB)
    4. Mindfully reads information text. Press “Next” button.
    5. Proper drivers already must be installed in RSPL step.
    6. Press “Next” button in the wizard. It should detect your phone.
    7. If you are using WCEUSBHS driver under Windows Vista/7 (for MTTY or MAGLDR TTY for example), you should apply “Windows XP compatible mode” in the properties of EXE file to get connection.
    8. After successful connection it should show device codename and allows to choose HSPL or OSPL version to install. OSPL means you install stock SPL back.
    9. Check device codename, if something wrong turn off computer and run to the nearest forest. Grab some water with yourself.
    10. Press “Next”. Wait until comes final page.
    11. Device will reboot and start to boot OS.
    12. Reset it and enter SPL mode again. Be sure there HSPLX.Y.Z and “CotullaHSPL” appear.
    13. Put some feedback in this thread for community and developers.
    Example of HSPL screen on HTC Schubert:

attachment.php
    @cotulla Should we be expecting a magldr release soon? ;-) I heart dual booting!
    for LEO - yes. about WP7F, we have some experiments and runnning some MAGLDR version on Gold and Mozart, but not sure how deep it will go.
    because this devices are not so lucky as LEO, some things make stuffs difficult, like external audio codec and other ril interface. Last thing can stop porting for a long time. time will show truth ;) but I can't promise anything. LEO is still The King. haha.
    Issues with MANGO RUU ROMS.

List of such ROMs:

It's not full list. Maybe some other ROMs affected by this too.
    Thread about this ROMs.

RUU_Gold_S_HTC_Europe_3.02.401.01_Radio_5.69.09.29 a_22.50.50.21_Signed_GOLD_RELEASE.exe
    RUU_Mozart_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEAS E.exe
    RUU_Mozart_S_HTC_RUS_4.06.411.00_5.69.09_RELEASE.e xe
    RUU_Schubert_S_HTC_Europe_4.05.401.02_Radio_5.69.0 9.29a_22.50.50.21_Signed_SCHUBERT_RELEASE.exe
    RUU_Spark_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEASE .exe

About issue:

After running RSPL on MANGO OSPL, you can't flash device via SPL.
    Windows Phone 7 OS is still booting and working.
    Instead of full SPL screen you will see only one the first line:
    You device will be "HALF BRICKED", because you can use OS, but can't flash anything else.

attachment.php

At the current moment it's IMPOSSIBLE to recover such devices. And I am not sure it will be ever possible.

What you must NOT do:

Before running RSPL wizard check your SPL screen.
    There current SPL version at top: "X.Y.Z 2250 "
    When wizard asks you to choose your current SPL version, be sure it's present inside versions list.
    If your current SPL version doesn't present in the list, you can choose nearest version, BUT ONLY IF IT HAS SAME FIRST NUMBER!!
    Example: You have 4.XX on the device. Do NOT choose 1.XX 2.XX 3.XX.

Generally it means that you must NOT run RSPL wizard after MANGO RUU ROM installation. You must flash older version (with 7004 or NoDo) and then run RSPL.
    Installed OS version doesn't important. Only SPL version important.