Car Dock?

Search This thread

Ramsfan_Jim

May 7, 2008
Leicestershire
It's only a holder rather than a full 'dock' but this is the only holder I have found suitable for the DZ:-
Duragadget Car Swival Air vent mount holder cradle for HTC DESIRE Z

Fairly cheap as well, but the advantage is the side grip can be altered so it grips the phone whilst avoiding the charge port and the volume controls. Recommended.:)

Hosermage

Oct 11, 2010
My pilot had a flat tray to hold loose change right under the center radio display. So I decided to buy another one of those desktop dock from ebay and put it there. The only problem was that extra battery charger made it too wide to fit. So I just cut off the extra width :)

uploadfromtaptalk1296799954697.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1296800008667.jpg

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Queue515

Dec 28, 2010
Nice! I love the diy stuff. I'm thinking of making a swiveling desktop dock by combining one of these with a belt clip holster and a bean bag mount.

Are you going to secure that to the tray? Velcro maybe?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Hosermage

Oct 11, 2010
Are you going to secure that to the tray? Velcro maybe?

The tray has a rubbery bottom so it won't be sliding around... but velcro is a good idea so I can easily pull off my phone... but I think I'll just leave it be for now until it annoys me enough. I would like a more elegant way of hiding/routing the usb cable, though.

burnticarus

Mar 12, 2009
Here is where I mounted my Arkon SM514 in my 2011 Pilot. The compartment has a smooth finish inside, which the suction cup has no problems sticking to. I have it stuck on the top of the compartment. It doesn't get in the way of anything.
Okay, sorry no pic. It's the compartment directly to the right of the gear shift under the center console contols. Above the tray for devices to lay.
Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

D

Deleted member 2182971

I use this universal vent mount. I don't like windshield mounts because I can't easily reach the phone, and the cupholder/cig lighter mounts are to low for me to safely use in the car. This one has a rotating ball joint so you can use it at whatever angle you want. It also has adjustable "arms" on the side so you can charge the phone.
PHV200BL.jpg

jake.p.long

Sep 5, 2010
I've been real pleased w/ my Arkon 514. Nothin' fancy but gets the job done, stays out of the way, and isn't a massive eye sore (at least in my ride).

KlaymenDK

Sep 28, 2009
FYI, I just posted over at Android Forums regarding using the Motorola Droid X car dock for the HTC Desire Z.

I'm not allowed to post a link, but if you go to androidforums.com and then append the following you should get there:
/desire-z-accessories/519378-best-car-dock-charger-htc-desire-z.html

With pictures! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received my DroidX car mount yesterday. Spent 2 minutes to unscrew the back and flip the usb connector, now mounted on my headboard to use it as a bedside dock. Looks like it'll work great in the car too if I ever need to.

My phone is mount on flush to the right with some space left on the left, since the G2 aren't as big as the DroidX and the screen won't close all the way without further modification (but it could be done). Good enough for me :)
    Personally I've always like Brodit's mounts - www.brodit.com. Not cheap, but perfectly designed for each device and very solidly built. They come in standard, in-car charger and fully wired versions, and you can get even get special customised mouting plates from them for most vehicle types.

511200.jpg

512200.jpg

513200.jpg

That's what I plan to get anyway.

Andre