[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Search This thread

pattiman

Feb 26, 2005
I'm also seeing phone/messaging fc's at the start of the setup phase. Phone is reacting very slow to user input.
I tried reinstalling gapps and cleared cache (+ dalvik). But does not do the trick. (MD5 of both ROM and GApps are ok)

I was on Amnix's PA ROM that has Utacka's kernel

Last edited:

vet-note

Jun 24, 2012
Nebelstadt
AW: [AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE.9+ (Jan 24) | PIE, FIRST BETA RELEASE

No, but it is necessary......

Does anybody know how to get rid of the hardware keys ? Will Utacka's 4.1.2 zip for disabling hardware keys work here ?

It should work Imo but I didn't try. You can do it manually. Go to system/usr/keylayout, open sec-touchkey.kl and melfas touchkey.kl and write a # before all four lines with text editor. Save and reboot. Done

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
I'm also seeing phone/messaging fc's at the start of the setup phase. Phone is reacting very slow to user input.
I tried reinstalling gapps and cleared cache (+ dalvik). But does not do the trick.

(MD5 of both ROM and GApps are ok)

No such issues.
Try wiping data,cache,dalvik cache,system and then install the ROM and Gapps and (optional-if wifi doesn't work)then the latest CM kernel from Chas' thread

Reactions: pattiman

pattiman

Feb 26, 2005
No such issues.
Try wiping data,cache,dalvik cache,system and then install the ROM and Gapps and (optional-if wifi doesn't work)then the latest CM kernel from Chas' thread

Doesn't help me, unfortunately.

I performed the following actions
- wipe data/factory reset (also wipes cache)
- wipe dalvic cache
- wipe /system
- wipe /preload
- installed ROM
- installed GApps
- reboot

Still fc's for phone and messaging.

Could using the official CM10 kernel help?

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
It should work Imo but I didn't try. You can do it manually. Go to system/usr/keylayout, open sec-touchkey.kl and melfas touchkey.kl and write a # before all four lines with text editor. Save and reboot. Done

Takes care of the back and menu button but the home button is still active.
Also, there are only 2 lines
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 MENU VIRTUAL

Perhaps you could tell me the 2 more lines and I'll add them and see what happens :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

using rhythm kernel 1.2 OC+....my wifi is stuck cant be turned on...:confused:

Try using stock CM10.1 kernel.

vet-note

Jun 24, 2012
Nebelstadt
AW: [AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE.9+ (Jan 24) | PIE, FIRST BETA RELEASE

Takes care of the back and menu button but the home button is still active.
Also, there are only 2 lines

Perhaps you could tell me the 2 more lines and I'll add them and see what happens :fingers-crossed:

2 lines in melfas touchkey.kl and 2 lines in sec touchkey.kl =4

There's no need for crossed fingers it's just enough to be able to add two and two. :D

Reactions: Gugelhupf

EniHS

Jun 7, 2011
Doesn't help me, unfortunately.

I performed the following actions
- wipe data/factory reset (also wipes cache)
- wipe dalvic cache
- wipe /system
- wipe /preload
- installed ROM
- installed GApps
- reboot

Still fc's for phone and messaging.

Could using the official CM10 kernel help?

Are you flashing proper Gapps package? There is different package for CM10 (4.1.x versions) and CM10.1 (4.2.x versions).

Last edited:
Reactions: pattiman
Oct 29, 2010
Toggles > use Power Toggles from the Store or similar
Apollo is not part of AOSP, it is even not available anymore in PlayStore, due to license/© broplems with MusicMatch
Screen rotation works
PIE has a customization feature to adjust the size from big to small

That I didnt know about Apollo. No biggie

The toggles that used to be there were so much nicer than Power Toggles. Release them as an app, people would pay for them!

You say screen rotation works, but it doesn't. I'm now using a forced rotation app to make it work. Any ideas?

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
2 lines in melfas touchkey.kl and 2 lines in sec touchkey.kl =4

There's no need for crossed fingers it's just enough to be able to add two and two. :D

Doesn't work.
As I said, menu & back no problem, however Home button is still fighting me.It can wake up the phone but long-pressing doesn't bring up the recent apps.So we're partially there

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

You say screen rotation works, but it doesn't. I'm now using a forced rotation app to make it work. Any ideas?

Screen rotation works...

Reactions: AA1973

pattiman

Feb 26, 2005
Are you flashing proper Gapps package? There is different package for CM10 (4.1.x versions) and CM10.1 (4.2.x versions).

I'm using the one mentioned in the second post. MD5 checksum is the same.

I've tried installing the ROM without GApps. That works fine. But if I flash GApps over it and reboot, it stops booting at 'updating applications'.

Boonyard

Sep 23, 2009
Seems a great rom and I may come back to it. Sadly, like all 4.2 roms Netflix is not working which is a deal breaker for me.

Keep up the good work!

mb29661

Aug 20, 2009
Installation aborted (Status 7)

Hello.

I am looking forward to trying out this new ROM.
However, after a factory reset and then flashing the image from the recovery menu I get
set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /emmc/download/[AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE. 9+ (Jan 24)pa_n7000-2.99-23GEN2013-160034.zip

is this due to trying to flash from the internal zip or is it somethin else.

BR

Martin

fifi570

Hello.

I am looking forward to trying out this new ROM.
However, after a factory reset and then flashing the image from the recovery menu I get
set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /emmc/download/[AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE. 9+ (Jan 24)pa_n7000-2.99-23GEN2013-160034.zip

is this due to trying to flash from the internal zip or is it somethin else.

BR

Martin

No download CM kernel, flash the kernel and reboot in recovery after

Factory reset, flash and enjoy :victory:

Reactions: mb29661

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
How can I use PIE feature? Already ticked the PIE in toolbars but I have now idea how to use it?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is development thread. For discussion or questions go here

PEEK%20-%2003182014%20PNG%20RELEASE%20TEXT.png

This rom uses CM11.0 smdk4412 kernel

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. FACTORY RESET
    2. INSTALL ROM (MIRROR) and GAPPS
    3. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    4. REBOOT
    PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to aaronpoweruser
    to beerbong

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA,
    our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    CHANGELOG
    GIT
    GERRIThttp://bugtracker.androidninjas.com:8282/
    FAQ + HELP
    COMMUNITY

Known issues/bugs:

- FM Radio: unsupported
    - TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
    - You say...

FAQ and troubleshooting:

- How can I get this awesome pie thing to work?
    The "nav pie" is actually pretty easy to enable. It´s important that you set your device into immersive mode! There's a quick setting for that!
    From now on you can swipe up from the button (or any place where you set it to be) to get the pie!

- I can't find developer settings
    To activate developer settings, open Settings > About Phone & start tapping the "Build Number" (at the bottom). You'll see a countdown and then a message "You are now a Developer". Go back into settings main list, right above the "About Phone" you'll have "Developer Options".

- How can i make a screenshot?
    Vol. down + Power.

- How do i activate UMS?
    With the app Usb Switcher
    New build is up. Finally wifi tether is working.

So, it took me two months of reading code. I knew it had to do with the drivers but all this time i was looking in the wrong direction (to the kernel, not the framework). At the end it was just six lines of code that solved the problem. This commit did the trick.