FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it possible to make a Moto G case that connects to the MicroUSB port, which in turn gives it MicroSDHC/XC card support (cards would be plugged into the case itself) and Charging capability? I'd imagine that the case would be a tad on the thick side, which could be beneficial for the sake of protecting the case.
7th June 2014, 09:21 AM |#2  
Flag Liberty City
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Nice idea!
I would've bought it if it actually existed.

-sent from my little moto beast
7th June 2014, 01:14 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Rolling Meadows, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I know. I am actually surprised that one hasn't been made yet. I am no engineer of any sort, but I am hoping someone sees this and actually gets inspired to make one. I am sure that they would make a killing, because I would buy one for my Moto G in a heartbeat.
7th June 2014, 02:59 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Rolling Meadows, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Borrowing the idea of the battery charging cases that I've seen made for iPhone devices, why can't there something like this be made with a similar design for the Moto G? Just replace the lighting connector with a MicroUSB one, and then add on a MicroSDHC/SDXC card reader slot to the pack somewhere? So now you have a case that is also an extra battery AND has the ability to mount and use MicroSDHC cards.

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8W292/
7th June 2014, 04:03 PM |#5  
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Yes, it is.
On my old Wildfire S i replaced the battery woth other bigger one, and with a new case.

Look around XDA, somebody put a microSD inside moto G
9th June 2014, 04:07 AM |#6  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 503

Donate to Me
More
The tricky part is doing both at the same time. OTOH the USB-OTG standard is meant for the host device to power the guest and not receive power while doing it. Just tried my OTG adapter with a powered USB hub on my Note 2 to be sure and it's not charging.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)