FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[24 MAY] Dorimanx-ROM-HIGH-END 3.1.9 N277 ODEX NO-HOME-REFRESH+ZRAM+SKIN+TWEAKS+CRON

12,696 posts
Thanks Meter: 93,759

Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2012, 11:50 PM |#13841  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 1,143

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadproducer

Lets review:
- APPS-to-SD....if you have and EXT partition, all apps will be auto installed to the EXT partition....and if you don't have an EXT partition...then apps go to internal storage.
- data-to-sd...this is the settings and accumulated data that the app uses. Normally this is stored in your data partition unless the data-to-ext switch has been turned on during rom installation or re-installation.

From your description and terminology:
- Sounds like you disabled/unchecked data-to-ext but still have apps-to-ext enabled simply by having an EXT partition.
- it also sounds like you have the HD2 version with the large internal storage space (tmous?)

Your Goal
- sounds like you want data and apps to both go onto your internal storage
- one way is to remove the EXT partition (don't choose data-to-ext during rom install)
- another way (I am guessing here as I have never done this...maybe someone can verify this) is to disable both data and apps to ext via etc/initd/00mountAll script by scrolling down near the bottom of the script...and placing a # in front of:
"check-and-move-data-to-ext"
"apps2sd-script"
This should disable each feature.????? Possibly?

I would assume to reboot. But I am not sure that the already placed apps in ext will revert back to internal storage. But these are the switches that handle it as FAR AS I KNOW.

Yes it works
Or...
he can format sdcard with sd panasonic formatter without creating ext partition to have all in nand

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Bologna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bologna Ad-Free

17th April 2012, 12:20 AM |#13842  
Thanks Meter: 1,332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bologna

Yes it works
Or...
he can format sdcard with sd panasonic formatter without creating ext partition to have all in nand

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Thanks for the confirmation Balogna.
Also, he could format with CWM pretty darn easy.
17th April 2012, 12:23 AM |#13843  
Thanks Meter: 5,300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadproducer

Lets review:
- APPS-to-SD....if you have and EXT partition, all apps will be auto installed to the EXT partition....and if you don't have an EXT partition...then apps go to internal storage.
- data-to-sd...this is the settings and accumulated data that the app uses. Normally this is stored in your data partition unless the data-to-ext switch has been turned on during rom installation or re-installation.

From your description and terminology:
- Sounds like you disabled/unchecked data-to-ext but still have apps-to-ext enabled simply by having an EXT partition.
- it also sounds like you have the HD2 version with the large internal storage space (tmous?)

Your Goal
- sounds like you want data and apps to both go onto your internal storage
- one way is to remove the EXT partition (don't choose data-to-ext during rom install)
- another way (I am guessing here as I have never done this...maybe someone can verify this) is to disable both data and apps to ext via etc/initd/00mountAll script by scrolling down near the bottom of the script...and placing a # in front of:
"check-and-move-data-to-ext"
"apps2sd-script"
This should disable each feature.????? Possibly?

I would assume to reboot. But I am not sure that the already placed apps in ext will revert back to internal storage. But these are the switches that handle it as FAR AS I KNOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPAQ 6515a User

Nothing. It must be CRW that with time messes up ext partition (4EXT recovery is better) in combination with latest rom and kernel. Do not know why and how but had the same problem. *I repeated the problem again after upgrading to the latest ROM again just to see if it was CWR or ROM. Under 4ext Recovery same probs so I believe this is the ROM.

Solution

flash clk 1.5, than convert to 4ext, repartition your SD.

Try to restore your old backup, will give you error on recovery of ext, no probs, run TB restore the rest of apps.

Reboot

Solved

Hmm, ive never had any troubles before.... And i tried 4ext recovery. didnt do squat. lol.

i am not sure if this is a symptom or what but ive been getting a lot of freezes and hot boots too now. This really irritates me. Stupid me had to screw up and now im starting over.

Disabling app2sd did work. However, how come it worked perfectly before but now its not working without changing something.

So now i got curious, and i restored my sd-ext partition from when it was working properly, now the contents of the sd-ext partition was created immediatly after boot. Like i installed ROM then started installing all my applications one at a time. here is the 'ls' results of the sd-ext partition when it was working
Code:
anr
app
backup
cache
cron-scripts
dalvik-cache
data
data_s
dontpanic
drm
firstboot-cache
lost+found
mountall-script-debug.sh
odex
secure
sutest
zipalign.dba
zipalign.log
Now it looks like it created symlinks or something.

Now here is the ls results of the sd-ext partition after i wiped everything and tried starting over, now understand i didnt change any files or anything. i did exactly as i did with the ext above
Code:
app
dalvik-cache
ext-ok
lost+found
obvious difference here. Hopefully i can get this working the right way again. thanks all for helping
17th April 2012, 03:08 PM |#13844  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up Super Rom
Super rom but why when I call to get Viber, I hear nothing, and the sound is completely gone from the phone (phone, music .. etc). It helps only restart the phone!!!
Thank's
17th April 2012, 04:00 PM |#13845  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Hi All,

I just wanted to share the Dorimanx ROM and Kernel versions that I am using and how stable it is. I am a moderate to light heavy user and this is my daily use (office conference calls using bluetooth, office/personal emails, google map, browsing internet, reading XDA forums, occasional pictures/videos, etc but no games)

As you can see at the attached screenshot I am using ROM 3.1.1 and the old reliable Kernel v3.2. As of this writing it is running (Uptime) for nearly 18 days without reboot and no freeze at all and still going. I am using the lite version and I let the system perform the memory management - so I am not using task killers. Battery drain 3-5ma on standby.

I have to upgrade the ROM and Kernel at some point with the latest ones but for now I am satisfied with my current versions.

Thanks Dorimanx and all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1334670924871a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1009337   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1334671244004a.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1009338  
The Following User Says Thank You to gasanpride For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gasanpride Ad-Free
17th April 2012, 04:47 PM |#13846  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.

Donate to Me
More
Yank555 found better DHCP driver for WIFI,

from HERE!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post10486616

I have packed it to CWM zip

Any-MY-ROM-WIFI-FIX.zip

If any WIFI problems, try to install this one.

Should fix connection to some routers.
If all connected and stable for you, no need to install.

If it's works, ok any way, i will include it in next build...

if i make one..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 04:51 PM |#13847  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After reboot some my installed appz gone.. any ideas ??? Problem with SD ??
17th April 2012, 04:51 PM |#13848  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasanpride

Hi All,

I just wanted to share the Dorimanx ROM and Kernel versions that I am using and how stable it is. I am a moderate to light heavy user and this is my daily use (office conference calls using bluetooth, office/personal emails, google map, browsing internet, reading XDA forums, occasional pictures/videos, etc but no games)

As you can see at the attached screenshot I am using ROM 3.1.1 and the old reliable Kernel v3.2. As of this writing it is running (Uptime) for nearly 18 days without reboot and no freeze at all and still going. I am using the lite version and I let the system perform the memory management - so I am not using task killers. Battery drain 3-5ma on standby.

I have to upgrade the ROM and Kernel at some point with the latest ones but for now I am satisfied with my current versions.

Thanks Dorimanx and all!

Impressive

I think i will install kernel 3.2 to my moms HD2 (was mine before...)

and if i can fix my sec device i will use the latest to test...

by the way i have configured kernel 6.6A close to 3.2
But it's still have bugs..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 04:53 PM |#13849  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p14c3k

After reboot some my installed appz gone.. any ideas ??? Problem with SD ??

just restore,
some apps get damaged on rom jumps..

not necessary but can happen...
The Following User Says Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 04:57 PM |#13850  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorimanx

just restore,
some apps get damaged on rom jumps..

not necessary but can happen...

I tried to reinstall rom, few times, always do clean rom install, tried EXT3 and EXT4 fs but still same situation. I appz manager see some appz have 0b, some have size but nothing else.

Seems to be SD card issue, maybe its cheesiness fake
17th April 2012, 05:43 PM |#13851  

More
Hi enerybody.(Sorry for my english)
I use nand android for the first time and i have this problem: i opened market and tried to install dolphin browser, the app was downloaded but durring installation the phone showed a dorimanx screen and the locksreen came up.
This happened and with other apps as well.
I flashed the rom again but the problem remaines.
Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best rom, clk, dorimanx, fastest rom, gaming rom, home refresh, htc hd2 nandroid, kernel, mag, preformance, tweaked, tweaks, typhoon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)