Originally Posted by themadproducer
- APPS-to-SD....if you have and EXT partition, all apps will be auto installed to the EXT partition....and if you don't have an EXT partition...then apps go to internal storage.
- data-to-sd...this is the settings and accumulated data that the app uses. Normally this is stored in your data partition unless the data-to-ext switch has been turned on during rom installation or re-installation.
From your description and terminology:
- Sounds like you disabled/unchecked data-to-ext but still have apps-to-ext enabled simply by having an EXT partition.
- it also sounds like you have the HD2 version with the large internal storage space (tmous?)
- sounds like you want data and apps to both go onto your internal storage
- one way is to remove the EXT partition (don't choose data-to-ext during rom install)
- another way (I am guessing here as I have never done this...maybe someone can verify this) is to disable both data and apps to ext via etc/initd/00mountAll script by scrolling down near the bottom of the script...and placing a # in front of:
This should disable each feature.????? Possibly?
I would assume to reboot. But I am not sure that the already placed apps in ext will revert back to internal storage. But these are the switches that handle it as FAR AS I KNOW.
Originally Posted by iPAQ 6515a User
Nothing. It must be CRW that with time messes up ext partition (4EXT recovery is better) in combination with latest rom and kernel. Do not know why and how but had the same problem. *I repeated the problem again after upgrading to the latest ROM again just to see if it was CWR or ROM. Under 4ext Recovery same probs so I believe this is the ROM.
flash clk 1.5, than convert to 4ext, repartition your SD.
Try to restore your old backup, will give you error on recovery of ext, no probs, run TB restore the rest of apps.
Hmm, ive never had any troubles before.... And i tried 4ext recovery. didnt do squat. lol.
i am not sure if this is a symptom or what but ive been getting a lot of freezes and hot boots too now. This really irritates me. Stupid me had to screw up and now im starting over.
Disabling app2sd did work. However, how come it worked perfectly before but now its not working without changing something.
So now i got curious, and i restored my sd-ext partition from when it was working properly, now the contents of the sd-ext partition was created immediatly after boot. Like i installed ROM then started installing all my applications one at a time. here is the 'ls' results of the sd-ext partition when it was working
Now it looks like it created symlinks or something.
Now here is the ls results of the sd-ext partition after i wiped everything and tried starting over, now understand i didnt change any files or anything. i did exactly as i did with the ext above
obvious difference here. Hopefully i can get this working the right way again. thanks all for helping