FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[24 MAY] Dorimanx-ROM-HIGH-END 3.1.9 N277 ODEX NO-HOME-REFRESH+ZRAM+SKIN+TWEAKS+CRON

12,696 posts
Thanks Meter: 93,759

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd April 2012, 08:18 PM |#13961  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag TERA Prime.
Thanks Meter: 93,759

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malavan

a question this kernel that you have is it based on syiah kernel. many have problems with the latest kernel from siyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn

Nice to see more devs coming to SGS2. I have a question about the kernel, is it based on CM sources or something else? We have had problem the last days with SIyah kernel who had rebased and people ended up with bricks, many devs have based their kernels on his sources so thats why i ask.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Damn, you beat me to it.
Well, lets hope for the best.

my kernel based on slyah but not the rebased one, i have forked it on 3.0 beta, then took it in different direction and updated from all kind of leading kernels.
including cm9 and many more.

so its only 80% slyah, all the rest is new stuff.

no problem at all with kernel for now.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorimanx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th April 2012, 12:04 AM |#13962  
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 627

More
Do you still want donations on the chip in? Or would you prefer a direct donation? I'm one of the few still having kernel problems with all of the 6.x releases. Get freeze right after boot loader (either go go go with magldr, or right after boot splash on clk) I have task 29 multiple times, and have tried both magldr and clk. I'm running 5/200/5 also 5/200/45 when I'm running a miui rom. Memory card is 256 swap and 2gb ext. Also tried my old memory card with only 1gb ext. Always freezes right before kernel splash. On the old 6.1-6.3 or 4 it would freeze on the kernel splash. Now it freezes right before. Sometimes it will auto reboot. Most of the time it just sits there forever. I only have 1 bad block. Is there any sort of log file I can post to see why its hanging? Do you have any sort of debug kernel that can give a log? Currently running kernel 5.8. Would love to upgrade to the latest kernels. I have the same problems on your rom and my own miui rom.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 01:02 AM |#13963  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel85

Little problem here with the last 2 rom upgrade...If I flash the last two roms,when the phone boot I have no more apps and no more ics theme...don t know why,it never happen before with any other update

No one with the same problem?
24th April 2012, 04:20 PM |#13964  
Flag dodecanese
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfest

Well I spent the better part of 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday) trying to customize the ZIP for install (the archive becomes 74mb after my trimming) since I am used to the straight zip from CM.

I am happy to say that running rom v3.1.6.2 with kernel v6.6C, I find myself needing/wanting an extended battery , and NO its not because of power drain (3ma on standby)... its because im using the ever living CRAP out of it! and 1230mah doesnt last for **** when doing anything mildly "intensive" (gaming, video watching,.....
EDIT: I forgot to say, since updating everything (cLK included) havent had ANY connection issues that used to occur nearly ALL THE DAMN TIME on 2.3.7 (I mainly use WiFi where im at, but when I did have to go out, it sucked )
EDIT2: Updating my Siggy!
EDIT3: Siggy Updated!

Hey Mr.
Sorry for my bad english.
What i understand, is that you have a great battery performance?
Just by installing 3.1.6.2 or you customizing it? If so, how i can do it too? The best issue for me is the battery performance
(wich with 3.1.3 rom and kernel 5.8 i found the best performance above all roms i tested so far!!).

So according to your signature:
Just by installing 3.1.6.2 rom, with kernet 6.6c by using cwm 5.5.0.4 and hspl 3.03?
I did never used clk, only mgdlr. Does it makes any difference? Do i have to use clk?
What exactly is Cache=24MB.
And ho do i know if i have ext4 instead of ext3 or ext2 for example....ext4 i read is much faster, is it true?? Do i have to use it and how?
Thanks in advance for your answer .
[/QUOTE]
24th April 2012, 10:04 PM |#13965  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demakhs

Hey Mr.
Sorry for my bad english.
What i understand, is that you have a great battery performance?
Just by installing 3.1.6.2 or you customizing it? If so, how i can do it too? The best issue for me is the battery performance
(wich with 3.1.3 rom and kernel 5.8 i found the best performance above all roms i tested so far!!).

So according to your signature:
Just by installing 3.1.6.2 rom, with kernet 6.6c by using cwm 5.5.0.4 and hspl 3.03?
I did never used clk, only mgdlr. Does it makes any difference? Do i have to use clk?
What exactly is Cache=24MB.
And ho do i know if i have ext4 instead of ext3 or ext2 for example....ext4 i read is much faster, is it true?? Do i have to use it and how?
Thanks in advance for your answer .

[/QUOTE]

For ext 4 ,yes is faster,you can convert ext3 to ext 4 with 4ext recovery(is in the mirrors and than you can see what partition you have and convert to ect4),I personaly use clk but is your choice(each has advantages and...)
Cache is enough 5 but 10mb is maybe better.
24th April 2012, 11:09 PM |#13966  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickxa

Hi everybody. I have this problem. When i use a call recording app and i make a call the other person can't hear me but i can. On the other hand when i recieve calls they can hear me. I tried different apps but always the same problem. Any ideas what can be the problem?

I use Call Recorder by skvalex for months without any single problem...

Sent from my Dorimanx powered HTC HD2
25th April 2012, 12:37 AM |#13967  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Overload Restarts
I having issues with overload restarts. Let's say I am playing Angry Birds Space and someone is calling me or texting me.. the phone restarts by its own! Any ideas? It aint memory problem cause I checked twice and I had like 200MB free of it.
25th April 2012, 07:40 AM |#13968  
Flag Wroclove
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
I found 1 problem in ROM:
Im sending sms at 8.35h and Im getting answer few seconuds later but it shows 6.35h. I think it sould be the same time but not eariler :P
or maybe I need check kind of option in settings ?
25th April 2012, 09:51 AM |#13969  
Flag cork
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Question recovery
finally after about umpteen times trying to install ur latest rom 3.1.6.2 got it working. everything so far working good. then installed ur b6 recovey zip which was a big mistake as now my decovery is kaput. says invalid image header???? how can i fix this havnt made a nandroid backup. why did b6 recovery corrupt my recovery 5.0.2.7 from ur mirror? cant install any zip now any help would b appreciated. anyone know how to fix this problem without me having to. do a task 29. thank you in advance.
25th April 2012, 11:05 AM |#13970  
Flag Valle Castellana, L'Aquila, Groningen, Madrid, Bruxelles, Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1,556

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateryaris

I having issues with overload restarts. Let's say I am playing Angry Birds Space and someone is calling me or texting me.. the phone restarts by its own! Any ideas? It aint memory problem cause I checked twice and I had like 200MB free of it.

Do a fresh installation, with task29, magldr, recovery, lite rom without zram (without using titanium backup or similar apps). If you have the same problems it may be an hardware issue, some snapdragon bga chip are defective and shutdown themself when the phone became warm (faulty bga solder).
Check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=982454

EDIT: 28$ to the goal, and dorimanx will be able to buy a new HD2!!! http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/3b367483f9a8bb9c
GO GO GO
25th April 2012, 11:12 AM |#13971  
Flag Szeged
Thanks Meter: 38

More
USB transfer question
Hi!

If i transfer files via usb cable, the files only visible after restart...i use 6.5D kernel...am i the only one with this problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best rom, clk, dorimanx, fastest rom, gaming rom, home refresh, htc hd2 nandroid, kernel, mag, preformance, tweaked, tweaks, typhoon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)