[ROM][30/01][XXJVU] SAUROM Projekt 'One Rom to Rule Them All'

Search This thread

sepherian

Feb 21, 2011
Do the jvu version have the ability to take pictures while doing video?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
new update :

New Semaphore
Circle lock added
fixed many lockscreen bugs
NEW TW3 launcher more stock more customizable etc

full wipe only

Reactions: -Perp-

magius

Aug 8, 2007
I am losing wifi every 15 to 20 seconds and constantly have to reconnect. Anyone else?

Ditto here. It happens across new ROMs, not exclusive to SAUROM.

I found this explanation at the Semaphore kernel page:
"There is a known issue in JVS stock ROM.
The rest is here: http://www.semaphore.gr/how-to/flash-semaphore-kernel/80-latests/73-wifi-issue-in-jvs

However I have not found a solution or why it keeps happening on later ROMs. I will admit I am very much still a noob around Android innards so any help will be most welcome.

Help?

thunor

Jan 31, 2010
I'm using JVZ version. Worked like a charm until s few days ago I started getting constant download errors on market updates (whether auto or manual). I si.ce can't update any apps and get 492 error everytime I try to d/l a new app. Market data clear & dalvik cache wipe had no effect, even fixed permissions just in case. Anyone experiencing this have any fix or suggestions?

Also to Dagr8, first off, thanks for another sick Rom, as I've come to expect from u. Iyried the previous JVU version (ie. not the one released today 1/21) and got repeated bootloops everytime I installed the ICS theme (props to Hotmykeul for a strikingly beautiful theme....fav dialer ever!!!). I replicated this many times b4 deciding to downgrade back to JVZ with my beloved ICS theme. To your knowledge was this a known issue and had it been fixed. Would really like to upgrade to today's revamped JVU.

Mad respect & kerp up the awesome work.

sepherian

Feb 21, 2011
Backup with a nandroid, rehash ROM and kernel. Then restore data in nandroid DATA RESTORE ONLY.
I'm using JVZ version. Worked like a charm until s few days ago I started getting constant download errors on market updates (whether auto or manual). I si.ce can't update any apps and get 492 error everytime I try to d/l a new app. Market data clear & dalvik cache wipe had no effect, even fixed permissions just in case. Anyone experiencing this have any fix or suggestions?

Also to Dagr8, first off, thanks for another sick Rom, as I've come to expect from u. Iyried the previous JVU version (ie. not the one released today 1/21) and got repeated bootloops everytime I installed the ICS theme (props to Hotmykeul for a strikingly beautiful theme....fav dialer ever!!!). I replicated this many times b4 deciding to downgrade back to JVZ with my beloved ICS theme. To your knowledge was this a known issue and had it been fixed. Would really like to upgrade to today's revamped JVU.

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Ditto here. It happens across new ROMs, not exclusive to SAUROM.

I found this explanation at the Semaphore kernel page:
"There is a known issue in JVS stock ROM.
The rest is here: http://www.semaphore.gr/how-to/flash-semaphore-kernel/80-latests/73-wifi-issue-in-jvs

However I have not found a solution or why it keeps happening on later ROMs. I will admit I am very much still a noob around Android innards so any help will be most welcome.

Help?
Well jvr is the latest stable with no wifi drop.. Its pretty high on my todo list to merge all recent jvu changes to the working jvr wifi I do not experience this problem myself so is pretty hard to test

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

Themes are not current thats why ..
I have not released i9000 version yet I believe its comin out today . I know pdd theme is ready others will follow soon enough

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
choosing between Saurom and Saurom

Ok, so I've tried both Saruroms KK4 and JVU, native i897 and i9000, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6. Why should I prefer one to the other? what are the characteristics that are associated with the transition 2.3.5 to 2.3.6? As a longtime Continuum user, i9000 dead-ending at JVQ, I seem to have experience there and here under JVU much less good battery life and a charge bug[ charge to 100%, leave attached >> discharging occurs]. Other than satisfying a need to fidget little is ever said about what enhancements are implicit by any of the ROM project teams. Any guidance DAGr8?

Last edited:

thunor

Jan 31, 2010
Themes are not current thats why ..
I have not released i9000 version yet I believe its comin out today . I know pdd theme is ready others will follow soon enough

Oh no, i'm using an I897 not an I9000. I just didn't bother to change the default xda app sig.

thunor

Jan 31, 2010
Backup with a nandroid, rehash ROM and kernel. Then restore data in nandroid DATA RESTORE ONLY.

Ok i get the nandroid backup and data restore but what do you mean by rehash ROM & Kernel.

Last edited:

upNsmokeAllDay

Mar 25, 2009
Vinton,VA
The Paul Diddy theme leads to a dead site. Where can i grab the updated version.

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate using XDA Premium.

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Ok, so I've tried both Saruroms KK4 and JVU, native i897 and i9000, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6. Why should I prefer one to the other? what are the characteristics that are associated with the transition 2.3.5 to 2.3.6? As a longtime Continuum user, i9000 dead-ending at JVQ, I seem to have experience there and here under JVU much less good battery life and a charge bug[ charge to 100%, leave attached >> discharging occurs]. Other than satisfying a need to fidget little is ever said about what enhancements are implicit by any of the ROM project teams. Any guidance DAGr8?

you try and you choose what you prefer ,, I prefer i9000 version .

charging bug is nto abug its a feature ( kernel side to prevent overcharging )
JVU is power hungry it consumes more ram then previuous i9000 rom , its also much more performant then previous jw1/ jvz imho

your last question

so if I understand your question correctly very little is said about the rom ? if you read the op I am pretty sure I am the dev with the most complete set of features on a rom that are all described in depth right here on XDA OP . English is a second language for me you have no idea how time consuming it is for me to make the OP.

if your question is about the difference between f/w thats a samsung matter not my doing , if youwant to know what JVU brings to the tabel compare to the previous release you need to read and search a lot as most of these f/w are either leaked / unofficial or like JVU , 'bonus pack'

In the end I d like to say this (and this is not directed at you specifically ) , deving arom is ahobby for me and getting new features all the time is VERY time consuming , I try as best as I can to help in the threads and answer as many questions as I can , just answering you right here takes me about 15 minutes ( ok maybe a bit less) all the pms the deving etc , I do for free , I welcome donations but some users kinda take the work XDA devs do for granted , and then some of them complain they dont get allthe support they 'deserve' see the irony here ? :cool:

sepherian

Feb 21, 2011
your last question

so if I understand your question correctly very little is said about the rom ? if you read the op I am pretty sure I am the dev with the most complete set of features on a rom that are all described in depth right here on XDA OP . English is a second language for me you have no idea how time consuming it is for me to make the OP.

That is part of why I use this ROM, a clear OP, great features, and an amazing Dev. With your OP I would have never guessed that your English was a second language. (your OP usually had less grammatical mistakes than others)

Keep up your great work. You have made quite a difference for any phone you get. I'll probably go to whichever next phone you get I'll probably get too, just because your devving for it. (so if you want to give a heads up...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOTR Presents :

HEIMDALL ONE CLICK JVU (older version)
    (Full Rom Non Wipe with bootloaders)
    S A U R O M ' 1 Click '

JVU Full wipe :
    S A U R O M

JVU ONE CLICK TO COME ...

sauronteamtest1.png

IF YOU ARE ON YOUR PHONE YOU MIGHT NEED TO USE FIREFOX MOBILE or Opera mobile TO DOWNLOAD ( both Free Market app )

Change Logs
    1. Added Jkay deluxe mods via CUSTOM MENU
    2. RTL support (arabic and persian)
    3. fixed some lockscreens bugs
    4. Removed busybox alltogether semaphore takes care of that now

JW1 to JVU Change Logs
    1. New Circle lockscreen
    2. Face Recognition (Only for i9000 users sorry)
    3. fixed and tweaked many lockscreens
    4. Dtmf dialer

New :
    1. crt on animation ( different then crt off)
    2. smooth scrolling hack
    3. TW3launcher modded some more
    4. all apps updated and current (January 15th)
    5. Changed quickpanel icon ( they are all same color and size now)
    6. Changed dropdown menu to make it stock
    7. DTMF ringtones added to dialer
    8. AOSP MMS (2.3.7) themed samsung style , all bugs fixed
    9. build prop to SGH-I897 ( = have to use KK4 's swype version )
    10. Replaced default Swype KK4 's swype version
    11. Rom is light so I left lots of bloatware in there (feel free to remove it manually)

JKAY TWEAKS INFO
    1. the lock screens options wont work (only the 'none options work'
    2. 95% of the other options work
    3. Some options are Duplicated
    4. if you enable something in JKAY TWEAKS you cant modify it with the other menu again , you have to turn it off in jkay tweaks then you can edit it via the other menu
    5. They are 2 sets of toggles now , you can switch from JKAY TWEAKS to the old ones inside jkay tweaks menu
    6. JKAY offers 13 toggles options with specific features for them only (show 6 / remove text )
    7. the old ones (called power widget) are customizable like they were before and they are 16 of them .
    8. .. maybe more that I forgot to mention ...

Available Themes (check the version of the theme in their thread)
    1. Obssession Revamped
    2. Galaxyblue
    3. PDD remix
    4. ICS Inspired theme
    5. Tigers Touch
    6. AndroSKy Legend
    Featuring

1. Latest Semaphore Kernel
    2. JVU Based
    3. KG3 Modem
    4. 100 % unthemed
    5. Multi - DPI
    6. Many themes to come

Lockscreens features

1. Rings (sgs2 music widget + Weather + custom app + sgs2 missed events )
    2. Epic
    3. Epic 2.0 (sgs2 music widget )
    4. MIUI
    5. MIUI 2.0 (sgs2 music widget )
    6. SGSII
    7. Circle
    8. Glass
    9. Puzzle
    10. Rotary ( non functional volume tab)
    11. R2-D2 (sgs2 music widget )
    12. Four Tab (sgs2 music widget )
    13. JKAY MOD (customizable up to 6 tabs)
    14. Rotary Revamped (sgs2 music widget + Weather + custom app + sgs2 missed events )
    15. Lense (sgs2 music widget + Weather + sgs2 missed events )
    16. HoneyComb (sgs2 music widget + Weather + sgs2 missed events )
    17. AOSP
    18. NO lock

Custom Menu Features Highlights

1. Extented Power Menu
    2. Quickpanel 16 toggles control
    3. 20 lockscreens options
    4. SystemUi Mods :
      carrier text : color + removable / customizable
      date clock : color + removable
      clock : ability to center left or right + small AM-PM option
      MIUI battery bar : color + removable
      dbm : color + removable
      battery text : color + removable
      Hide Battery
      Hide Alarm

Misc Tweaks:
    • Build Prop Tweaks
    • busybox 1.17
    • Su binaries updated
    • symlinked
    • zipalign
    • FUGU mod (3.0 AOSP )

Other Mods:
    • crt shutdown animation
    • ext 100 bat mod (with number)
    • Ext Charging Bat MOD
    • BIG apn list
    • add protected
    • bln support
    • increasing ringtone removed
    • auto rotate Dialer/Phone
    • sms removed from call logs
    • stay awake option added settings/applications/development
    • Allow installation of Non market checked by default
    • Lights stay lit on screen touch (5 seconds default)
    • Volume notification can be linked .
    • Customizable Volume sound ( when raising and lowering)
    • Hacked( JVZ ) Camera
    • SMS time fix
    • APK signature Check removed (HAWT)
    • Hacked TW3 Launcher ( JVZ ) auto rotation + 5 dock Icons
    • 5 Bars Signal Mod
    • Battery Full notification is clearable ( you can hit clear it will go away)
    • Battery full notification sound removed
    • Boot & Shutdown sound Removed
    • Dialer sound changed from waterdrop to normal keypress sound
    • Newest Market
    • Removed Lots of samsung bloat
    • All Gapps updated and current
    • Video references pretty much removed

Added apps(full wipe only)

• Titanium backup
    • Phone Silencer
    • on Call End
    • SMS Time Fix
    • SMS pop up
    • Multi - CSC

PLEASE DONATE TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM :

Team LOTR Crew :
    DAGr8
    Fritzgerald
    Lirik0
    Pauldiddy

Credits:

(In Alphabetical Order)

dhiru1602
    JKay
    last1left
    Romann
    Lukiqq
    Maddogin
    MikeyMike
    psych0phobia <---------- big thx to him
    Perp
    quikd3th
    sasovic
    Sbrissen
    Whitehawkx
    something just got out of the oven ..
    ok ok you guys got me attention ill look into this ...

FAQ SAUROM

Q: Heimdall?
    A: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heimdall_One-Click

Q: I don't have crt animation nor transition animations.
    A: Go to Settings/Display/Animation and check "all animations" then go in jkay tweaks and set up how you like it.

Q: Some music controls don't work on my chosen lockscreen.
    A: For the AOSP, ROTARY, MIUI, R2D2 and 4 TAB lockscreens: Music controls will work with ANY music player except the stock samsung one
    For the SGS2, EPIC, GLASS and PUZZLE lockscreens: Music controls will only work with the stock samsung music player

Q: I am missing some functions on extended powermenu.
    A: For configuring the extended powermenu please go to settings > custom menu > power menu & jkay.

Q: How to hide or restore the clock,the date,change their colors,change the carrier text,etc ?
    A: To hide/unhide the clock,date,etc or change their colors etc., please open the custom menu in settings.there is a point saying statusbar settings.click on it and a menu opens where you can change everything.

Q: How can I disable the "Phone Silencer" app?
    A: Go to Menu>Settings>applications>Manage application and look for "phone silencer" click it and uninstall.
    Or uninstall it using systemappremover.this app is stored in the system folder so you need root access to it. Also you can use Root Explorer and delete it in /system/app/phonesilencer.apk.

Q: How can I disable the button lights when touching the screen?
    A: Please flash this zip file http://xdaforums.com/atta...8&d=1323797200 by cwm.

Q: How can I disable/enable the quickpanel toggles?
    A: For configuring quickpanel toggles, please go to settings > custom menu > statusbar settings and scroll down to widget buttons.