[Q] Question about dual camera, please take a look

Search This thread

toka1232010

Jun 22, 2012
Hello everyone!
Liking new smartphone so far? :)
So my question is, M8 has a dual depth camera right? And as I know it's kind of an open source so we can play with it.
Is it anywhere possible for someone to make any kind of cheap home 3d motion capture app with it, so that we could import it to Autodesk or any other 3d animation program? Is it possible to do that with M8 dual camera? Even if it's laggy, with hiccups, just for learning purposes... I think it would be awesome if someone could put their skillful hands on that idea. I, personally, would pay a lot for that kind of software.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Good luck with M8! :)

neilmcd

Aug 8, 2013
Hello everyone!
So my question is, M8 has a dual depth camera right? And as I know it's kind of an open source so we can play with it.
Is it anywhere possible for someone to make any kind of cheap home 3d motion capture app with it, so that we could import it to Autodesk or any other 3d animation program? Is it possible to do that with M8 dual camera? Even if it's laggy, with hiccups, just for learning purposes... I think it would be awesome if someone could put their skillful hands on that idea. I, personally, would pay a lot for that kind of software.

Take a look at Google's Project Tango. Their prototype phone looks like it has a similar dual sensor setup to the M8. Also, one of the partners listed on the page is Omnivison, who make make the rear camera in the M8. Hopefully something similar is possible on the M8 too!

Reactions: toka1232010

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
although possible i would presume.

The set up of the cameras is not conducive with 3d filming or capture Im afraid they would need to be better placed and balanced.

Reactions: toka1232010

toka1232010

Jun 22, 2012

The set up of the cameras is not conducive with 3d filming or capture Im afraid they would need to be better placed and balanced.

Yeah, I understand it won't be perfect. But I hope there would be some kind of possibility to do that, even if it's poor...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

Take a look at Google's Project Tango. Their prototype phone looks like it has a similar dual sensor setup to the M8. Also, one of the partners listed on the page is Omnivison, who make make the rear camera in the M8. Hopefully something similar is possible on the M8 too!