Stop flashing until usb problem is fixed...

Search This thread

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have flashed around 15 different roms/versions of roms and no issues but I have never bothered with apps 2 SD on any.

The general consensus seems to be pointing to the recovery method having a few flaws and that is what is causing random bricks. If you are happy to carry on flashing, good luck! I was unlucky enough to have a handset bricked and I'm just not brave enough to do it to my second :D

LenMackin

Feb 5, 2009
I did this to get rid of the Orange rubbish rom. Creating the gold card takes the most time - flashing the rom takes about 10 minutes. It doesnt seem to interfere with hidden system files and folders or grant root access. It just overwrite the rom with a generic rom and leaves it as if purchased from a shop rather than on telecoms contract. Hope this helps. Mine has been tons better since i got the Orange stuff off.

Jenxie

May 29, 2010
The general consensus seems to be pointing to the recovery method having a few flaws and that is what is causing random bricks. If you are happy to carry on flashing, good luck! I was unlucky enough to have a handset bricked and I'm just not brave enough to do it to my second :D

I bricked mine 2 weeks ago, they fixed it through warranty and had to replace the mainboard... First attempt bricked it.. I'll wait until the next attempt if there's gonna be one hehe.

millen

Apr 17, 2009
Agree- please un-sticky this thread. And thanks to the guys who sorted out the un-bricking :)